Red Dead Redemption (New Trailer Added 1.12.09)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ric

Post by ric »

wheels wrote:What are these "outfits" of which you speak?
go into the start menu and it should be a submenu. but if you dont have the game, you get scraps of clothing for doing certain tasks and you can have the tailor sew them together once you get them all. i think its 6 scraps per outfit, though some outfits only require you to be engaged in a one time event. the duster coat is a great piece of clothing you get for hogtieing a random outlaw/thief who is wearing one. scraps can be gained by doing everything from bringing in bandits alive to killing off bandits who randomly come through towns in posses to finding scraps in certain places on the map to winning games in certain towns.

the clint eastwood pancho is unfuckwitable. game is generally gawd status for those of us who like western movies. like someone else said; every little piece of this game is fucking excellent. bugs really arent a huge problem to be honest because if i was living as the main character and a bug came up id just be like 'well, shit - guess you see something new every day' and thatd be that.

i mean the music alone is just fucking incredible. the absence of music too. the way they use space. the atmosphere is like whoa. youre riding along on your golden steed and you slow up in the middle of town and notice that people are looking at you and there is one elongated whistle and you know an 'oh shit' moment is coming up

ric

Post by ric »

question: i cannot find the scraps of clothing that im supposed to look around for. it tells me to search thieves landing. i search the whole town for a chest or armoire or drawer. no dice. it tells me to search solomons folly for one of the gang outfits, i ambush the gang - kill them all - and then look around for any fucking place it could be. no dice. am i not searching the right places? am i looking for the wrong kind of container? am i thinking too much about what other games mean when they say 'hidden'?

Post by 360 »

ric wrote:question: i cannot find the scraps of clothing that im supposed to look around for. it tells me to search thieves landing. i search the whole town for a chest or armoire or drawer. no dice. it tells me to search solomons folly for one of the gang outfits, i ambush the gang - kill them all - and then look around for any fucking place it could be. no dice. am i not searching the right places? am i looking for the wrong kind of container? am i thinking too much about what other games mean when they say 'hidden'?
You buy scraps from vendors.

The scrap you speak of can be purchased from the tailor in Thieve's Landing.

Remember to go to the tailor and not the general store.

The bandito scrap can, however, be purchased formt he general store.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

360 wrote:
ric wrote:question: i cannot find the scraps of clothing that im supposed to look around for. it tells me to search thieves landing. i search the whole town for a chest or armoire or drawer. no dice. it tells me to search solomons folly for one of the gang outfits, i ambush the gang - kill them all - and then look around for any fucking place it could be. no dice. am i not searching the right places? am i looking for the wrong kind of container? am i thinking too much about what other games mean when they say 'hidden'?
You buy scraps from vendors.

The scrap you speak of can be purchased from the tailor in Thieve's Landing.

Remember to go to the tailor and not the general store.

The bandito scrap can, however, be purchased formt he general store.
some scraps can be purchased but some you have to search for, it will tell you either way. I'm pretty sure any scraps that you have to look for will be found in those chests/footlocker type deals, and generally those are found in buildings. The one in thieves landing is in the main office of that warehouse you run through with Irish I believe, don't know about Solomon's folly tho.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Outfits don't matter.

Pancho >

I roll around Mexico like Clint and I'm golden.

Post by 360 »

Positive A wrote:Outfits don't matter.

Pancho >

I roll around Mexico like Clint and I'm golden.

Me, too. The pancho owns. I use over the deadly assassin outfit, even.

Has anyone beaten single player yet? I have, and let me tell you.. THE ENDING IS AWESOME.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I guess I'm close to the single player ending. Just reached Black Water and the area is such a stark contrast to the rest of the towns and settlements in the game. I kind of wish the 20th century doesn't happen.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

woah. hillcoat directing this?

wheels

Post by wheels »

This game takes place around the same time that the Cubs last won a world series.

THINK ABOUT THAT

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

wheels wrote:This game takes place around the same time that the Cubs last won a world series.

THINK ABOUT THAT

my brain just exploded.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Oh man! Classic game, classic ending.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

wheels wrote:This game takes place around the same time that the Cubs last won a world series.

THINK ABOUT THAT
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Seriously, this is the best game ever.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

please use spoiler tags if anyone wants to discuss the ending.

it sounds awesome but i'm a long way off yet.

:cheers:

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

I beat the single player and now I'm riding around trying to get everything else.

I have so much money I shoot wolves and let that shit be. I Don't even skin them. The Red Dead equivalent of making it rain. Whole herds of Buffalo dead for shits and giggles. I'm pretending I'm playing as Manifest Destiny now, all I need is to figure out how to get those fucks off cliffs and put some small pox on blankets.

I wish there was a reason to use the Gatling gun still.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

how the hell are so many of you already done with the game? is it short? it takes me months and months to finish any game. Im hoping this one will take a while.

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

darkwingduck wrote:how the hell are so many of you already done with the game? is it short? it takes me months and months to finish any game. Im hoping this one will take a while.
The only video games I play are GTA and NBA games. I pre-ordered the game and scheduled some of my PTO for it.

Paid off.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

this game is so great

getting with a posse online is so much fun

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

just beat it, absolutely incredible game in all aspects

I think I'm at about 95% complete. Once I get the rest of that shit done, it's on to multiplayer for the foreseeable future probably

I just wish there was more shit to do with Landon Ricketts

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

did anybody catch the movie? i dvr'd it. not sure i want to watch it yet. may spoil it for me.

getting attacked by a mountain lion was :ohsh:

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

:cas:

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

^^^ :lol: the game looks awesome on your TV by the way...

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I got pink eye presumably from some sluts clapping it in my face at the strip club while unknowingly having laryngitis that crept up on me, so after using my 2 days off to play this game I am finishing up 2 more days off from being ill. I did nothing but play this game for 4 days straight, and I just finished it. I've been obsessed. Sad its finished. I work today and I still haven't slept.

Probably the best game I've ever played. San Andreas, Resident Evil 5, and as I recall, Final Fantasy 7 back in the day all favorites as well. Guess I will get back to finishing Liberty City now.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ruraloutfitter wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
moved by duck muscles

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

just got into Mexico today with the Jose Gonzalez song playing, shit was beautiful man

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
ruraloutfitter wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

holy crap @ blackwater