Red Dead Redemption (New Trailer Added 1.12.09)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Us borkers still gotta wait for the 21st until this hits the shelves.

:owens:

Post by 360 »

This game is amazing.

Spartan, where do you live? And no worries, brethren, the game is well worth the wait.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

London, England.

Might have it by the 20th. Amazon tends to ship pre-orders a bit early. Hopefully that happens.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

This game is SOOOO FUCKING DOPE. just finished the mission where the bandits took over the farmhouse. If you notice in that one when you go in to the barn, the corpse that's hanging from the rafters had it's dick cut off.

perlman

Post by perlman »

Why do I keep turning invisible in free range mode? And what is an mcp kill?
If I had a hammer/I'd build a city on stilts

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

fucking game is amazing. I didn't get very far at all because I like to just fucking roam...but man what an amazing experience so far. I went to the whore house and chased people out into the fields, killed them and took their money.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Trademark wrote:I went to the whore house and chased people out into the fields, killed them and took their money.
lol awesome. I fucking need/want this right now.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Positive A wrote:
Trademark wrote:I went to the whore house and chased people out into the fields, killed them and took their money.
lol awesome. I fucking need/want this right now.

YEAH, there is an honor meter, but fuck it. I'll be honorable in my real life, I'm straight diabolical as a gunslinger.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

just got mines in the mail. HOLY SHIT. :phila: is biggin this game up. cant wait.

Post by 360 »

Has anyone played multiplayer? That is extremely fun as well. As you level up, you unlock all types of goodies. For instances, you unlock various mounts, and not just horses. That's all I will say as I don't want to spoil the excitement when you guys see for yourselves.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

i know this is a retard question but BROADBAND REQUIRED? why? really?

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

darkwingduck wrote:i know this is a retard question but BROADBAND REQUIRED? why? really?
without being a complete asshole all i can say is yes, really.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Dude are you serious, you play online without broadband?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

darkwingduck wrote:i know this is a retard question but BROADBAND REQUIRED? why? really?
:larry: :larry: :larry: :larry:

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

copped. passing out playing poker seems something to strive for. cant wait
moved by duck muscles

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

i just jumped off a roof and landed on my horse

i love this game

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I spent like two hours hunting and skinning wild horses.

Post by 360 »

Trademark wrote:I spent like two hours hunting and skinning wild horses.

Dude, you're not supposed to hunt horses. You're supposed to break them and add them to your stable. Horse meat and hide sell for very little. Hunt all other animals and you can sell their hides, heats, and meat for good money.

Well, let me not say you're not supposed to. You can obviously do what you want. I'm jsut speaking in terms of money, etc.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

This game is so much fucking fun. I've been playing pretty much non stop since yesterday morning. Haven't gotten in to the multiplayer very much but the single player is awesome. It's basically GTA on horses with some added shit but it's awesome regardless.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

Anyone encounter any of these bugs on the 360 version?

- when me and 6 other friends form a posse and do a private game, it works cool. But when we switch to a public room, a couple of us get booted out.

- can't go online. keep getting "Error." i end up having to go back to my dashboard and restarting the game to get it working again.

- sometimes i'm invisible.

- sometimes my horse is invisible.

- sometimes i get killed by invisible cougars.

i'm hoping they come out with a patch to fix the connection issues.

Single player is amazing. heard a girl screaming for help in the forest. Went to check it out and a dude was carrying a tied up girl on his shoulder. i killed him, picked her up, brought her back to the nearest town and cut her loose.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Someone said they saw some dude kill his wife and then killed himself

wheels

Post by wheels »

My favorite thing so far is going to play poker, losing all my chips, then murdering everyone at the table for cheating.

I always ride through town full clip and end up trampling people and their dogs. Adding 300 to my bounty.

I played horseshoes a few times until I realized you could just shoot the guy and make 4 dollars.

Me and a couple buddies made a posse and then stormed across the country side throwing knives at people who wanted to be friends.

We also encountered a stagecoach full of adventurers wanting to join us on our travels. We threw knives at it.

Then we realized that instead of hopping onto the stagecoach, the same button would allow you to grab the driver and throw him off, gta style. This is when we stopped accomplishing things.

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

wheels wrote:Me and a couple buddies made a posse and then stormed across the country side throwing knives at people who wanted to be friends.

We also encountered a stagecoach full of adventurers wanting to join us on our travels. We threw knives at it.

Then we realized that instead of hopping onto the stagecoach, the same button would allow you to grab the driver and throw him off, gta style. This is when we stopped accomplishing things.
:rofl: especially at the bolded part.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Sir Loin wrote:
all im askin is it neccessary to be online when doing single player?

did anyone pre-order from amazon? I got a code inside the game for the golden guns, but then I got an email from amazon with a totally different code for the golden guns...

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

No ofcourse you don't have to be online to play single player

also if you have two different golden guns codes put one up on ebay, promotion codes are selling for 30-50 dollars on there

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

darkwingduck wrote:
Sir Loin wrote:
all im askin is it neccessary to be online when doing single player?

did anyone pre-order from amazon? I got a code inside the game for the golden guns, but then I got an email from amazon with a totally different code for the golden guns...
my bad. no its not necessary for the single player but you need to be online to redeem the codes

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

360 wrote:
Trademark wrote:I spent like two hours hunting and skinning wild horses.

Dude, you're not supposed to hunt horses. You're supposed to break them and add them to your stable. Horse meat and hide sell for very little. Hunt all other animals and you can sell their hides, heats, and meat for good money.

Well, let me not say you're not supposed to. You can obviously do what you want. I'm jsut speaking in terms of money, etc.

yeah, I'm obviously retarded. Figured that out last night. I'm basically stacking cash cause I know being an oil tycoon baller is going to come in to play at some point...

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

Truth. wrote:Someone said they saw some dude kill his wife and then killed himself
i saw that too. it was a dude crying on his knees next to his dead wife. I saw a gun on the floor and tried to pick it up, but no luck. the dude just picked up the gun and shot himself...

i've also had a guy tell me he needs help. when i got off my horse, he tried to steal it. I proceeded to shoot him off the horse. :lol:

in Armadillo, there was a posse dragging a dude by lasso, making tons of noise and shooting their guns in the air. I felt brave and decided to kill them all. I ended up getting 100 honor pts. for it.

anyone do the stealth kills? i sliced a dudes throat in his sleep and put a rifle to the back of another guys head. brutal.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I had two deputies chasing some guy, only I didn't know they were deputies and thought they were harassing someone. So I killed the deputies.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

If someone steals your horse just whistle and it should buck him off