Red Dead Redemption (New Trailer Added 1.12.09)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Truth. wrote:If someone steals your horse just whistle and it should buck him off
:smugkid:

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Trademark wrote:
360 wrote:
Trademark wrote:I spent like two hours hunting and skinning wild horses.

Dude, you're not supposed to hunt horses. You're supposed to break them and add them to your stable. Horse meat and hide sell for very little. Hunt all other animals and you can sell their hides, heats, and meat for good money.

Well, let me not say you're not supposed to. You can obviously do what you want. I'm jsut speaking in terms of money, etc.

yeah, I'm obviously retarded. Figured that out last night. I'm basically stacking cash cause I know being an oil tycoon baller is going to come in to play at some point...
:rofl:

I wasn't going to buy this game.. but after reading all this I think I might just have to.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I was riding a donkey earlier and some asshole shot him in the head from like 200 yards away. So I take a tumble and get out the pistol. I'm running at him in this zig zag kind of manner until I'm pretty sure he ran out of bullets. I too was out of ammo so I got out the knife and chased this dude around for a solid minute until he whistled for his horse. I whistled for my burro and when his shit arrived I stabbed it to death, hopped on my donkey, and rode away into the sunset.

This is my kind of game

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

wheels wrote:I was riding a donkey earlier and some asshole shot him in the head from like 200 yards away. So I take a tumble and get out the pistol. I'm running at him in this zig zag kind of manner until I'm pretty sure he ran out of bullets. I too was out of ammo so I got out the knife and chased this dude around for a solid minute until he whistled for his horse. I whistled for my burro and when his shit arrived I stabbed it to death, hopped on my donkey, and rode away into the sunset.

This is my kind of game

is this free roam mode?

wheels

Post by wheels »

Yessir. I'm sure the game modes or whatever are fun but free roam is basically comedy hour

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

Using the Lasso, i hogtied a dude, picked up his body and laid it on the train tracks. When the train ran him over, his body exploded with blood and guts everywhere. awesome...

Post by 360 »

What is the outfit you guys wear most? I have the preorder assassin out fit, but once I unlocked the pancho, I've been going the Clint Eastwood route.

wheels

Post by wheels »

What are these "outfits" of which you speak?

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Question:

I have the 1st (I assume) treasure map from Seth...do I need to buy/find/acquire some sort of shovel before I can start treasure hunting?

Game is rad.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

Positive A wrote:Question:

I have the 1st (I assume) treasure map from Seth...do I need to buy/find/acquire some sort of shovel before I can start treasure hunting?

Game is rad.
naw all you need is the map

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

SuperFeen wrote:
Positive A wrote:Question:

Game is rad.
naw all you need is the map
Thanks holmes.

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

Kalistoga wrote:Using the Lasso, i hogtied a dude, picked up his body and laid it on the train tracks. When the train ran him over, his body exploded with blood and guts everywhere. awesome...
dude was trying to shank some chick up, i used the lasso on him, heard a snap when i pulled him back and he straight dropped dead

dunno if that was a glitch or if i really broke dude's neck

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I'm playing single player and I just assaulted Fort Mercer with the gatling gun, which was sick and now I'm on the Mexican side of the game. Shit is :ohsh: X 100000000000000

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

so the multiplayer online, the point of that is to kill the other people that are online?

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Depends on the mode darkwing.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

darkwingduck wrote:so the multiplayer online, the point of that is to kill the other people that are online?
if it's free roam, you can do whatever you want. you get XP for killing them and doing the challenges. But there's also games like "steal the bag." i haven't tried any of the other games.

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Just finished the singleplayer. I have to say it's probably my favorite ending to a game ever.
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Indivisual wrote::ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

Just finished the singleplayer. I have to say it's probably my favorite ending to a game ever.
How many game time hours? I just finished the assault on Mercer which gets me access to Mexico, and I'm at 18 hours or so. I really, really don't want this to end.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

so in free roam online multiplayer

after going back and forth with killing this one dude, i get an invite from him to join his posse. He was French. I couldn't understand a word he said to me, but we managed. I followed him around doing challenges like stealing gold from miners and blowing up weapon caches. We had a pretty good thing going. then someone else joined our posse. it was three of us on the open range regulating everything that we came in contact with.

i need to get one of thoughs headsets.

i havent really even messed with the single player yet.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

darkwingduck wrote: i havent really even messed with the single player yet.
Single player is the fucking shit.

Story/Missions/Characters/Dialog/Score/Voice Acting are all really, really, really top notch.

Having said that, haven't touched multi player/free roam yet so I can't say I know how good that is.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Been tearing this game up since the 18th, but barely have had enough time. I'm getting on today.

PS3 niggas add me.

PSN: dutchgutss
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Indivisual

Post by Indivisual »

Positive A wrote:
Indivisual wrote::ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

How many game time hours? I just finished the assault on Mercer which gets me access to Mexico, and I'm at 18 hours or so. I really, really don't want this to end.
I don't know exactly how many hours but I'd say you're a little less than halfway through. You still have mexico and then the northeast part of the map.
IMHO, there is no lyricist now or before that can match the lyrical dexterity of Qwel.

hustler

Post by hustler »

this is one of the best games ever that ive played
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Positive A wrote:
Indivisual wrote:Just finished the singleplayer. I have to say it's probably my favorite ending to a game ever.
I just finished the assault on Mercer which gets me access to Mexico, and I'm at 18 hours or so. I really, really don't want this to end.
:lol: :lol: I'm at the same spot as you and was just thinking the same thing. Only being a little less than halfway through is great news.
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I was at Chollo Springs and this fella on horseback comes speeding towards me and gets off his horse and runs behind a boulder. I went over to investigate and the guy was taking a piss. Couldn't stop laughing.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

^^:lol: haven't come across that one yet

I did roll up on a camp site with boxes of tnt and as I moved closer I saw a dude working with tnt on a table and as I moved even closer the whole camp site exploded and killed me, game is awesome

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya it's the most realistic piss i've seen in a game

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

best rockstar game yet imo.

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

i just spent 30 minutes on my horse, lassoing mexican women from town, dragging their live bodies a few hundred feet into the middle of the desert, unmounting so i can hogtie them, and finally slitting their throats. i created a huge pile of corpses for the wolves.

game of the year?

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

after reading this thread, i will be buying this game and ufc tomm