Red Dead Redemption (New Trailer Added 1.12.09)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

My custom ipod gelaskin

an-also

Post by an-also »

I know i'm waaaay on the :lastweek: train, but just copped red dead for 15 bucks. Can believe i've slept on this game for almost 2 years.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Hope u got the GOTY edition homey.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Naw. Just the normal game.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

got about 8 golden guns so far in multiplayer. would have more but lost all game data and have been trying to regain all my shit. if anybodys online...look out for me. HAMBORSKI1

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

darkwingduck wrote:got about 8 golden guns so far in multiplayer. would have more but lost all game data and have been trying to regain all my shit. if anybodys online...look out for me. HAMBORSKI1
360 or PS3?

an-also

Post by an-also »

Played for about an hour last night. WTF have I been missing out on. Unreal

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

PS3. anybody got golden dynamite?

any idea why most DLC rooms are empty? I usually just pick up games in QUICK MATCH which is fine, but the other DLC worlds are pretty sick.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

Tired & Broke wrote:Maaaaaaan I'm Jack now, and he seems annoying as hell when compared to his Old man.
I thought Jack would be a worthy successor, but every time he talked i'd wanna stop playing.

"WORK YA DAMN NAG!"
"WORK YA DAMN NAG!"
"WORK YA DAMN NAG!"

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

So that's what the fuck he be saying when I'm horseback. Had no idea couldn't understand his high pitched yelling.,
I play the game with custom soundtracks now.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Riding into Mexico with the Jose Gonzalez song playing >>>>>>>

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

The in-game soundtrack was all types of awesome, complimented the game perfectly.

Every time Triggernometry comes up randomly on the iPod, it makes me want to go in a bank guns blazing and boost it the hell out of there.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-sx2KwVP2N8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-sx2KwVP2N8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

an-also

Post by an-also »

Just got around to finishing it tonight. :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: @ the ending. I honestly thought I was on the last mission like 4 times.

I'll be playing the story mode over again for sure. It was too real. I might even like this game more than GTA4.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Considering how dark and bleak the narrative was, the game was all types of fun.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

The 4 horses of apocalypse in Undead Nightmare are Godly! Infinite Stamina, damn near invincible.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Spartan wrote:Considering how dark and bleak the narrative was, the game was all types of fun.
are you taking about the actual game or undead?

also the bolt action rifle has to be the coolest weapon in the game.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Actual game. It's incredibly bleak and harsh. You're witnessing hookers getting stabbed, macabre side missions, a revolutionary being equally repugnant as his precursor, Death/God's appearance foreshadowing the inevitable. All this happening while you've got this massive retribution and redemption plot that effectively destroys the free american spirit ethos represented by John Marston. That's the way I see it.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

an-also wrote:the bolt action rifle has to be the coolest weapon in the game.
yeah, good gun. Favorite pistol is the LeMat followed by the Mauser.

I fucking love using the dynamite in multiplayer. The wave that glazes the screen when you get that kill is fucking crack!

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Spartan wrote:Actual game. It's incredibly bleak and harsh. You're witnessing hookers getting stabbed, macabre side missions, a revolutionary being equally repugnant as his precursor, Death/God's appearance foreshadowing the inevitable. All this happening while you've got this massive retribution and redemption plot that effectively destroys the free american spirit ethos represented by John Marston. That's the way I see it.
Oh this game is hella dark. Seeing random strangers being hung is about as dark as it gets. That cryptic ass stranger mission "I Know You" is very ethereal (you can only complete this as John, Dude disappears when you're Jack).

an-also

Post by an-also »

Spartan wrote:Death/God's appearance foreshadowing the inevitable.
The coolest part of the side mission with the weird guy.
John Marston - "Damn You!"
Strange man - "Yes, Many have"

I'm assuming this means 'God Dammet'

Rockstar >>>

There was also foreshadowing in one of the Missions you do with Jack too. Jack refers to a book he's reading which pretty much foreshadows the end of the game.

Yeah. The story is very dark and bleak, but I love it. I'm going to have another run at the story mode again and take my time with it. I'll probably pick up a lot more subtle information i missed the first time.

I still cant believe i've slept this long on this game...fml

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m997QFCEHHk?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m997QFCEHHk?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

an-also

Post by an-also »

Is there any rumors about a next red dead? I'm assuming the story would be completely different because the west era was pretty much ending when this game finished. A game with a young Landon Rickets would be pretty dope.

Req

Post by Req »

an-also wrote:Is there any rumors about a next red dead?
which is pretty much why i keep coming back into this thread when i see it bumped lol
F.U. MOOLAH

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

As soon as RDR came out and sold really well, there were rumors of a "Red Dead Revolution" and a movie with Brad Pitt playing the don John Marston. That's it...

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

would like to see the setting move to south america.. maybe...australia/south africa.. same time period though... think it would be ill plenty of angles for them to work with

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

While I don't oppose the idea, there's still masses of potential in sticking with the wild west. RDR was set at the very tail end of the time period. There's plenty of scope in setting another western a lot earlier and yeah, a young Landon Ricketts appearing would be dope.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Finally beat Undead Nightmare, pretty good story. Poor John tho, he never catches a break. Its like after every story is complete Rockstar just dumps him to the side and gives u a Stand-In character to do free roam with.

an-also

Post by an-also »

I just witnessed a murder suicide randomly happening...

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya saw one of those when i first started playing the game, didn't see one ever again i don't think

Req

Post by Req »

the one where the wife shoots her husband and then herself? Or vice versa?
F.U. MOOLAH