Red Dead Redemption (New Trailer Added 1.12.09)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

whoa.
cysed.
moved by duck muscles

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

LilLeftBrain wrote:whoa.
cysed.
when?

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Spartan wrote:http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38421/ ... are-coming
Red Dead Redemption Gets a WHOLE LOT Redder This Fall -- ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!

We, like many of you, have logged a shitload of hours exploring the Western frontier in Rockstar Games' Red Dead Redemption. There's no question killing outlaws (and innocents) is great fun, but things are about to take an extreme turn for the macabre as zombies are poised to take the Old West by storm via DLC this fall.

Yep, you read that right. The undead will rule once again with the "Undead Nightmare Pack", which will feature ghost towns and cemeteries that come alive in a West gone horribly wrong. So what will be included? Let's take a look!

Brand new single-player adventure, challenges and quests
8 new multiplayer zombie characters
Additional animals unleashed in the world
New dynamic events and more
The "Undead Nightmare Pack" is just one of several bits of DLC coming for the game and will cost $9.99 (PlayStation Network) or 800 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE). Oh, happy friggin' day!
Buddy at work told me about this. I got so excited I stapled my dick to the nearest message board to release my truth.

Zombies are cool yo, imho.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Irish just took me across the river. how far am i in this game?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

33.3% by map
47.8% by storyline

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

darkwingduck wrote:Irish just took me across the river. how far am i in this game?
Ahhhh...I fucking LOVED that part of the game.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

darkwingduck wrote:Irish just took me across the river. how far am i in this game?
35-40%?

I need more single player adventures, if there is good writing I can ride around forever killing people, just love the world in this game

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/08/red-d ... e-in-augu/
Legends and Killers -- August 2010 (800 MS Points / $9.99)
  • Nine new multiplayer map locations
    Eight new multiplayer characters, including some from Red Dead Revolver
    New projectile weapon, The Tomahawk, with corresponding multiplayer and single-player challenges
    New Achievements and Trophies
Liars and Cheats -- Launch date TBD (800 MS Points / $9.99)
  • Attack and Defend multiplayer competitive mode and challenges
    New multiplayer horse races, with mounted combat
    Play as "the heroes and villains" of Red Dead Redemption, as well as eight new multiplayer characters
    Multiplayer versions of Liar's Dice and Poker from the single-player game
    New weapon, The Explosive Rifle, with corresponding multiplayer and single-player challenges
    New Achievements and Trophies
Free Roam -- Launch date TBD (Price TBD)
  • Additional Free Roam challenges
    New action areas and defensive placements
    Posse scoring and leaderboards
    New anti-griefing measures in Free Roam
Undead Nightmare -- Launch date TBD (800 MS Points / $9.99)
  • New single-player adventure, challenges and quests
    Eight new multiplayer zombie characters
    Additional animals to hunt
    New dynamic events "and more"
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU can't believe they're gonna get me to spend 40 more dollars on this game

ric

Post by ric »

HomeSkillet wrote:
35-40%?

I need more single player adventures, if there is good writing I can ride around forever killing people, just love the world in this game
agreed. too much emphasis on multiplayer expansion. fallout 3 has single player shit, which is a much better idea, in my humble (can you play fallout 3 online? is that why the expansions are single player? because you cant play online?)

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Just picked this up, cant believe I've been sleeping on this game for so long.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

HomeSkillet wrote:
35-40%?

holy shit. i crossed the river into a what feels like a totally new game. now rocking the pancho and the Luger. FUCK THIS GAME FUCKING RULES SO HARD!!!

what kind of bank roll are you holding? I'm at 10K w/ 3 bars of gold in my inventory.

anybody have a clue where the one tree and stone wall treasure map is? rio del toro. can't find it on the map.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Go straight passed the tree with the cow skull in Rio Del Toro towards the river and you'll see the rock pile.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

cant find del toro. thats the mystery right now.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

darkwingduck wrote:cant find del toro. thats the mystery right now.
if you really get stuck there are very easy to follow youtube guides for each of the golds.

I only used one though so far. :smugkid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fCm5fuTniI

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

got it. i never found del toro cause ive been on the armadillo side all this time.

any of yall beat the game yet? replay value is high?

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I spent about 2 days playing the multiplayer, it takes WAY too many bullets to kill people, horses and stuff are cool and I like the match designs but the tense action doesn't hold a candle to COD4, not even close it feels boring

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

not really a fan of the free roam multiplayer.

i just want to see some more single-player content tbh.

Dragondude R

Post by Dragondude R »

darkwingduck wrote:got it. i never found del toro cause ive been on the armadillo side all this time.

any of yall beat the game yet? replay value is high?
Yeah, I'm positive you can play all the missions over in the menu if you wanted, you still go through random events, you can still do gang hideouts, and you don't lose anything.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Spartan wrote:not really a fan of the free roam multiplayer.

i just want to see some more single-player content tbh.
Free roam is more about the lols than any kind of competitive gameplay. Agree it gets old fast though

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

anybody mess with the DLC for multiplayers yet?

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I've watched a couple of Youtube videos, played with my controller configs, but I am still having a hard time getting consistent headshots while running around and rolling around to dodge bullets...Any suggestions? Some players online are just RUTHLESS with the headshots. Like every time.

Also, bought the Legends and Killers add on. Definitely worth the $10. Looking forward to the others, I will definitely be buying all the additions.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

ALso, how many of you have golden guns on this shit? I haven't gotten them yet, probably due to my lack of head shots.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/40737/What-is ... ame-called
If what MCV has been told is correct, Rockstarג€™s next Wild West epic is called Red Dead Revolution

With sales of 6.9m for the recently released Red Dead Redemption, you can bet your horse on the fact that work on the next game in the series is well underway ג€“ and MCV was recently told what itג€™s called.
Speaking to MCV under strict conditions of intoxication, one employee of a services provider currently working on some early technical work for the game casually referred to it as Red Dead Revolution.
Before brushing the comment aside and pretending that nothing had happened.
The name, if correct, certainly sits in with previous treatment of the brand. Those of you with long memories will remember that prior to the official announcement of Red Dead Redemption, many were referring to the game as Red Dead Revolution.
And just prior to the release of the last title, Rockstar released a trailer for the game called ג€“ yes, you guessed it ג€“ Revolution.
Official confirmation of the name is unlikely to emerge this side of Christmas, so itג€™s likely to be a long wait to find out how accurate our wine-supping friend has been.
I really hope that drunk was telling the truth and it's a new game.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

^ I can't imagine them NOT doing a sequel to this game - its been wildly successful and they still aren't done milking GTA are they?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:^ I can't imagine them NOT doing a sequel to this game - its been wildly successful and they still aren't done milking GTA are they?
RDR has been a big hit since it's release so it goes without saying a follow-up will be happening. A little surprised Rockstar have started so soon though. I really hope the game is set somewhere in time between the previous games.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:I've watched a couple of Youtube videos, played with my controller configs, but I am still having a hard time getting consistent headshots while running around and rolling around to dodge bullets...Any suggestions? Some players online are just RUTHLESS with the headshots. Like every time.

Also, bought the Legends and Killers add on. Definitely worth the $10. Looking forward to the others, I will definitely be buying all the additions.
yo, we gots to cop the latest one where you can play hold em' online.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

darkwingduck wrote:
Hacksaw Jim Thuggin wrote:I've watched a couple of Youtube videos, played with my controller configs, but I am still having a hard time getting consistent headshots while running around and rolling around to dodge bullets...Any suggestions? Some players online are just RUTHLESS with the headshots. Like every time.

yo, we gots to cop the latest one where you can play hold em' online.
copped it. How do we play together? (strong nh)

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

firstly, i got to cop it also. may have to wait till payday for i just spent a grip taken my kids to disneyland.

im not to savy at online play either so the first thing we need to do is get someone on here to school us on how we can get a :PF: holdem tournie going. and all other RDR multi-player games going too.

my handle is HAMBORSKI

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W3o1LCKm_6I?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W3o1LCKm_6I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

ZOMBIE BEAR!!!! YES!!!