Scribblenauts

Post by Truth. »

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Fucking awesome.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

it'd be hilarious if you could summon Sherlock and have him solve every puzzle for you

frank b

Post by frank b »

Can't wait.
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Scribblenauts: the reason I'll be "borrowing" a DS from one of my younger brothers. I need to see more gameplay footage, ASAP.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

A post from a member on NeoGAF: -
Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Sigma wrote:A post from a member on NeoGAF: -
Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.
:ohsh:

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Moolah wrote:

Consider this game bought. Seriously. Not a doubt about it.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

BigCat8 wrote:
Moolah wrote:

Consider this game bought. Seriously. Not a doubt about it.
This sounds AMAZING!!!!!

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

cant wait...

saw the video where a guy summoned God, put him on a skateboard, and gave him a shotgun...lol

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Kalistoga wrote:saw the video where a guy summoned God, put him on a skateboard, and gave him a shotgun...lol
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3HXgvl8lp0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j3HXgvl8lp0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

I really want to see some of the more complex levels.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

this game looks so awesome

I bet it spent a shitload of time in testing

agent b

Post by agent b »

we gave this game of the show at GameSpy, first time a handheld game has ever won that honor. it's seriously fucking awesome. spent like an hour at e3 trying to stump it with random nouns to no avail. here's my little write up i did for our awards:

If you can make it through five minutes of Scribblenauts without smiling, clapping or cheering you are a heartless deviant. For everyone else, 5th Cell's ambitious puzzler (unexpectedly tucked away in a corner of WB Interactive's booth) provided a sandbox of delight. Need to get your cat down from a roof? Well, you could type "fish" and lure him down. Or you could build him a tightrope. Or you could ask for a "jetpack" and just fly up there yourself. Between trying to stump the game's absurdly robust word list and outdoing your own creative solutions, the possibilities are dauntingly expansive. Scribblenauts is a work of pure, maniacal genius.
so yeah, i loved it. better than everything else at the show, and i played/saw it all. buy this shit in september, ya big dummies.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

is this only for the new DSi?

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Kalistoga wrote:is this only for the new DSi?
Not that I'm aware of (I fucking hope not).

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

nah, that wouldnt even be possible

...unless they made the game where you HAVE to use the camera, but no way anyone making games for the DS would do that, just screwing yourself out of money

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

This gives me hope for pedobear and casual dog.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

MERIT GET!
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DooZ8LDCNQA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DooZ8LDCNQA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I'm going to enjoy this game sooo much. So much.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

gotdamn. :rockout:
have not pulled out the DS in a minute, but certainly copping this
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

At first i was disappointed that this wasn't some wierd hybrid sequel to the very underrated Psychonauts, but this looks fucking bonkers.

Chuck Earns Cheese

Post by Chuck Earns Cheese »

looks sick.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Don't know if I ever mentioned, but I got my hands on this at ComicCon. Illity.

It's really a fun way to get your brain working in all different ways.

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=14304256&downloadURL=http://dsmovies.ign.com/ds/video/articl ... rking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

IGN readers try to stump Scribblenauts

http://ds.ign.com/articles/101/1012022p1.html

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

IGN readers try to stump Scribblenauts

http://ds.ign.com/articles/101/1012022p1.html

frank b

Post by frank b »

Anyone get this ROM yet?
"My girl does shit like compare and contrast Kant, Foucault, Marx, Darwin and Socrates to Asian philosophers and Middle Eastern writers and poets I have never fucking heard of" - Mindbender Futurama

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

just got it like, half an hour ago

so awesome

so so awesome

Mario & Luigi 3 is out too, cant wait to play that

frank b

Post by frank b »

Won't get a chance to mess with this until tonight. Andvil, if it's not too much trouble, can you say a little bit about how it turned out?

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

i thought the release date was the 15th?