(ULTIMATE)MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Some mis-information on my part, you unlock the 4 hidden characters by earning a certain amount of PP.

* Akuma - 2,000PP
* Sentinel - 4,000PP
* Hsien-Ko - 6,000PP
* Taskmaster - 8,000PP

2,000-3,000PP by playing through Arcade Mode
Winning a Ranked Match online will get you about 580PP
Some Training Mod Time will get you about 100 to 300PP.

Got a 5 Ranked Match win streak going on right now, the disparity of skill is wide, if u come across ppl who have advance techniques they will wipe the floor with u if u dont know how to escape. Also scrubs will forever accuse u of using Simple mode.

Post by 360 »

Do they even allow the simple controller set-up in a ranked match?

Also, what type of controller are you using?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

360 wrote:Do they even allow the simple controller set-up in a ranked match?

Also, what type of controller are you using?
Yes they allow it, and this is what I've been using lately from my SFIV days

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Tired & Broke wrote:Also scrubs will forever accuse u of using Simple mode.
:lol: :lol:

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

nearly lost my mind and thought about breaking half the the shit in my house trying to beat "very hard". Galactus was/is a piece of cake though

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

"Where's yo' curly mustache!?!?!"

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

New rule for sigs: If you're going to have someone as fine as this appearing after all your posts, the filename needs to include her name so I can get my Google image search on.

Post by 360 »

Post your XBL tags and PSN names, people!!

Post by 360 »

Andvil wrote:nearly lost my mind and thought about breaking half the the shit in my house trying to beat "very hard". Galactus was/is a piece of cake though

If you can beat the game on very hard then you can kick my ass.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

[quote="Combo7"]New rule for sigs: If you're going to have someone as fine as this appearing after all your posts, the filename needs to.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

:cheers:

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

360 wrote:
Andvil wrote:nearly lost my mind and thought about breaking half the the shit in my house trying to beat "very hard". Galactus was/is a piece of cake though

If you can beat the game on very hard then you can kick my ass.
I doubt it, I lost like 40 times before I got through it

17-17 online, not very good. people are fighting with Dante, Sentinel, or X-23 90% of the time, and those people are spammers 80% of the time, pretty pathetic

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Got my game yesterday.

Spencer got the sexiest bread n butter combos so far.

Post by 360 »

Put a down payment on my custom fightstick today. It's going to be made by this dude: b15sdmdesigns.com

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

360 wrote:Put a down payment on my custom fightstick today. It's going to be made by this dude: b15sdmdesigns.com
Details would be nice.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I'm weak as fuck at this game, but it's BigCat8 on the PSN. I just started playing today and I'm not a tournament caliber player by any means. If you want to beat up on a fellow :phila: member, I'm down. Still trying to get my the muscle memory back on the projectile/hyper commands since I haven't played a fighter in a while.

If it's not me, it's my brother signed on. He's probably on about the same skill level.

EDIT: Also, I'm running with Cap/Deadpool/Akuma, but I'm gonna have to mess with that trio a bit and find someone to replace Deadpool since I'm terrible as him.

Post by 360 »

drobizhek wrote:
360 wrote:Put a down payment on my custom fightstick today. It's going to be made by this dude: b15sdmdesigns.com
Details would be nice.
I won't be complete for a couple of months, most likely. I just gave the dude a down payment but, basically, think this: zombie fightstick

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

360 wrote:
drobizhek wrote:
Details would be nice.
I won't be complete for a couple of months, most likely. I just gave the dude a down payment but, basically, think this: zombie fightstick
Think on the bright side: it'll be ready for new versions of Blazblue and SF4.

And I'm willing to bet 5ג‚¬/$ there's gonna be a new version of MVC3 in a year.

What kind of parts are you going with? All sanwa parts? Or Seimitsu stick and sanwa buttons? I'm sorry if I'm extra inquisitive but i love this stuff.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

[quote="Tired & Broke"][quote="Combo7"]New rule for sigs: If you're going to have someone as fine as this appearing after all your posts, the filename needs to.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

[quote="Tired & Broke"][quote="Combo7"]New rule for sigs: If you're going to have someone as fine as this appearing after all your posts, the filename needs to.

Post by 360 »

drobizhek wrote:
360 wrote:
drobizhek wrote:
Details would be nice.
Think on the bright side: it'll be ready for new versions of Blazblue and SF4.

And I'm willing to bet 5ג‚¬/$ there's gonna be a new version of MVC3 in a year.

What kind of parts are you going with? All sanwa parts? Or Seimitsu stick and sanwa buttons? I'm sorry if I'm extra inquisitive but i love this stuff.
Sanwa30RG buttons. Seimitsu stick with a little bit of rsistance. Wired for Xbox360, PS3, and PC .

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

drobizhek wrote:
360 wrote:
drobizhek wrote:
Details would be nice.
I'm willing to bet 5ג‚¬/$ there's gonna be a new version of MVC3 in a year.
doubt it. they never watered down their games before with yearly releases. i think they will just perfect what they have now. make that dlc $.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

would be buying a TE S stick be much better than a TE version? anyone have direct experience they'd like to share?

Post by 360 »

Not much better. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the only major difference is that one is more of a limited edition type of thing.

Either way, any TE stick is good because it has all of the official arcade parts which equal high quality parts thus lasting infinitely longer than a regular fight stick. Always got with the Tournament Edition if you have the money.

http://shoryuken.com/f177/

That forum will answer any and every question you have in regards to fightsticks.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

jredd109 wrote:
see, right there. never let your wife drag you to a movie that is obviously going to be terrible. tell her to find a friend to go with her if she wants to see it. make sure you get your nuts out of her purse before she leaves though.
:larry: Shup U imbecile

Anyway, yeah this is mostly onpoint....

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UEsjhW8wcFg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UEsjhW8wcFg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Post by 360 »

Tired & Broke wrote:
jredd109 wrote:
see, right there. never let your wife drag you to a movie that is obviously going to be terrible. tell her to find a friend to go with her if she wants to see it. make sure you get your nuts out of her purse before she leaves though.
:larry: Shup U imbecile

Anyway, yeah this is mostly onpoint....

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UEsjhW8wcFg?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UEsjhW8wcFg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
:rofl: Dude is definitely angry. he is right about the lack of spectator mode and tournament mode. That pissed me off, too, but it will be added via patch. I never cared about character endings. The only game that had decent character endings was Tekken, imo.

IDK, he is judging the game as if the fighting wasn't the most important part OF the game. I think he actually said it wasn't. Wtf.

Game is the shit and, once they add spectator mode, it will be the truth.

:rofl: @ him predicting a super mvc3 with everything thus making the game complete. He is so right about that. I will buy it, though.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

360 wrote:Not much better. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think the only major difference is that one is more of a limited edition type of thing.

Either way, any TE stick is good because it has all of the official arcade parts which equal high quality parts thus lasting infinitely longer than a regular fight stick. Always got with the Tournament Edition if you have the money.

http://shoryuken.com/f177/

That forum will answer any and every question you have in regards to fightsticks.
cool, thanks yo

they had a nice 20% off coupon at gameshark

code: kayane2011

got me a round 2 te street fighter stick.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

360 wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote: Anyway, yeah this is mostly onpoint....

:rofl: Dude is definitely angry. he is right about the lack of spectator mode and tournament mode. That pissed me off, too, but it will be added via patch. I never cared about character endings. The only game that had decent character endings was Tekken, imo.

IDK, he is judging the game as if the fighting wasn't the most important part OF the game. I think he actually said it wasn't. Wtf.

Game is the shit and, once they add spectator mode, it will be the truth.

:rofl: @ him predicting a super mvc3 with everything thus making the game complete. He is so right about that. I will buy it, though.
Don't get me wrong the game is great, but I agree with him on the aspect that online is seriously lacking. Compared to how great SSIV online was, its illogical for them to take a step back with this one. And Its been released this will be the only version of this game. The contract between Marvel and Capcom was only for one game, however DLC will pop off.

Post by 360 »

Yea, the online sucks, but I find that if you go into training mode and just enable fight requests, you get matches easily.

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/281519400

Top 8 from a tourney in Atlanta.