Arcade Games

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

cenzi

Arcade Games

Post by cenzi »

I used to play this cool fuckin game where you are some high tech plane/jet/ship and you are flying like the 1942 games, in the up/down direction.

The cool thing about this game that made it different from all the other plane/jet/ship games is that you had a "sight" that would travel waaaay ahead of you and you could launch grenades/bombs in that exact spot, but of course you needed to use your Newton theories of Videogame Timing in order to effectlively use this.

I never saw the game anywhere else... anyways,what were your video game fetishes.

:cheers: to any Shinobi fans up in here!

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Dumped a lot of quarters into these as a young'n.

Also, does this count as an arcade game?

...because I'll school anybody punk ass.

Kiran187

Post by Kiran187 »

The first arcade game I ever played and one of my all time favorites:

I also loved Afterburner even though it was like $0.75 when most games were either a quarter or 50 cents at the most.

And of course, a certified classic:

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

i know a dude named double dragon.

major love for the cocktail arcade tables.

DRAGON'S LAIR!!! btw. the ipod ap of this is :ohsh:
Last edited by darkwingduck on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat
Tekken
Golden Tee

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

If they'd never made any other arcade games, I would have been ok.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

I'm new school and was much more into the 4 player multiplayer games:

^I bought a broken one from Ebay for $400 shipping included from Columbus, Ohio. Still haven't fixed it.

^NEED THIS
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Texas Raised Mikey

Post by Texas Raised Mikey »

My friends ex is a total whore. And so to celebrate her whoreness we started a rumor on the internet that she likes to drink pee. So to celebrate her new found love of guzzling urine, I made this video game for her.

(the girl on the game is her)

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Drastik wrote:I'm new school and was much more into the 4 player multiplayer games:

^I bought a broken one from Ebay for $400 shipping included from Columbus, Ohio. Still haven't fixed it.

^NEED THIS

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Best Post Uve made in a long time son... 2 Classics

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Red warrior needs food badly!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

^^^hells yes. and hells yes to X-Men and mostly everything else up in herr

and
were the first two to come to mind
moved by duck muscles

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

LLB killing it. Also:

Ghost N Goblins.
Smash TV.
TMNT 2 I guess it was, the one that was 4 player before it came out on NES as TMNT 2.

Those Buck Hunter games are pretty damn fun out at bars.
Time Crisis was fucking amazing when it first came out.
Golden Axe
Dig Dug
Galaga
Cruisin USA
Elevator Action

Ahh fuck someone help me with the name of this game...it was sort of like Streets of Rage, but might've been arcade only. You could pick from 3 guys, one was a big dude with no shirt and shit. 2 player side scroller beat em up. Graphics were pretty ill for the time, you were beating up street punk guys. Might've been a Capcom game, was out around the same time as Street Fighter 2. The players were somewhat cartoony and kind of big in size, definitely a lot larger than your Double Dragon/TMNT size guys. I think they taunted you when you died too, like in SF2. alksdlkadjsk

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

I fucking love how Google knows what I'm talking about even when I have no clue. Final Fight.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Also fairly newjack pick, but those sniper rifle gun games that came out several years ago were sick, where you had to look through the scope of the gun and it was hella zoomed in. Tight gimmick.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Haggar was my dude in Final Fight. :pause:

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

no love for terminator 2 or the aerosmith shooting game????

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Texas Raised Mikey wrote:My friends ex is a total whore. And so to celebrate her whoreness we started a rumor on the internet that she likes to drink pee. So to celebrate her new found love of guzzling urine, I made this video game for her.

(the girl on the game is her)

belly sticks out further than the titties....

sean
buzzkill

Post by sean »

:jiz:

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

damn it I was trying to read about arcade games while in the library and now the librarian saw notits small belly drinking pee, great.

BUT NOT AS GREAT as the TERMINATOR shooting game, or its twin spawn the aerosmith one.

The Aliens game was sick also, but gauntlet was pretty much best ever.

Elevator Action / Rushin Attack was great on an old school tip

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

Rushin Attack was fucking awesome, I didn't know it was an arcade game though.

Thread derail, did any of you guys fuck with SNK games for NES? The one where you escaped from prison in the very beginning was fucking awesome...same with Guerrilla War.

:icedit: Google, you're my best friend. POW: Prisoners of War.
Last edited by Cowy on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Cowy wrote:Rushin Attack was fucking awesome, I didn't know it was an arcade game though.

Thread derail, did any of you guys fuck with SNK games for NES? The one where you escaped from prison in the very beginning was fucking awesome...same with Guerrilla Warfare.
All those SNK games were arcade games first I think

And you are talking about P.O.W. which I spent at least 30% of my life playing one year as a kid

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Guerilla War>>>>>>>most NES games.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

^^ Shit is better than most games that come out today, Are there any games in XboxArcade that are reminescent of these topdown kill fests where you got tanks and shit? Man those were some of the best games ever

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

I was too young to ever be good at this so I stuck to NARC at the time but I used to watch all the big dudes test their skills

madtapes

Post by madtapes »

I grew up near a bowling alley that had this:
If I ever start collecting arcade machines this will be my first.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO529MYnous&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uO529MYnous&hl=en_US&fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tOXYw8EJVM&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6tOXYw8EJVM&hl=en_US&fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GKunG-sQugg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GKunG-sQugg&hl=en_US&fs=1?hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Drastik wrote:Image

ERRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

damn i miss going to the arcades.

i spent pretty much all my youth there.

check this site for a laugh. its the worst home made arcade machines.

http://wickedretarded.com/~crapmame/

a couple of good ones:

ImageImage

Nothing says class, or "I'm a loser cop-out on cabinet art" like fucking marble shelf paper. It's so regal. I feel like I'm gazing upon an italian palace. OR POSSIBLY A GIANT UGLY PIECE OF SHIT.

The seemingly random placement of buttons, sticks, and other crap on this thing makes my brain hurt. Not to mention that connect four game going on in the upper right corner of the panel. It's even got a little portrait of the connect four game right on the bezel. Musta cut that off the cover of the box. Aces.

How the fuck would anybody know what to do with any of this? Ah, no matter. that tiny 15" monitor drowned in black paper is probably too hard to see shit on anyway. Mabye that little "MAME" instruction card on the bezel covers it, yeah, I'm sure that's it. Or maybe it says "I built this bunch of ugly crap for me, and everyone else can just like it. But I never play it anyway."

I bet he can play tron with that flight stick. Totally worth it. Totally.

ImageImage

Look at this fucking thing. Just look at it. Take a while to soak in just how god damn ridiculous the whole thing is.

The TV on top (yeah, a tv. Great for arcade games, don't ya know -- screw monitors, use an old TV and then play vertical games on it. It's fucking hot) spins all the way around. An absolute must have feature, because, you know, they may want to someday put it in the middle of the room and spin that fucking thing around and watch movies on it from the couch, rather than have a normal fucking tv and entertainment center.

The control panel, spins around to six different positions. Six different sets of controls. This actually wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so heinously UGLY and HUGE. Jesus. Everybody wants to be able to play games with specific controls, but there have got to be better ways to do it for fuck sake.

There are _TWO_ sets of gas/break pedals. WTF. Finess the wiring a little, put a switch in there. Quit making it look like ass.

_FOUR_ shifters? What in the hell? How fucking stupid. I don't even know what to say other than "wow, that's a nice rainbow of god damn buttons next to the forrest you have there".

This is just all around bad. Sure, it can play lots of specific control type games, but it's FUCKING HIDEOUS, IMPOSSIBLE for visitors to figure out and or use and probably breaks all the damn time.

(Oh, and I'm sure it's "Mom's" too. Women just _love_ big ugly stupid shit like this)

ImageImage

You'd think, after all this, that I wouldn't be shocked anymore. But HOLY SHIT. This thing made me laugh so hard that not only did I pee all overmyself, I gave myself a hernia too. Jesus H christ.

None of this thing makes any god damn sense AT ALL.

Ok, so there's a trackball. And it's centered. Good. After that, I don't understand a single fucking thing about this.

Look at the joystick bolts. Closely. They're not straight! What the hell? I guess the builder of this fine thing must have such a strong fear of being close to people that he'd rather stand on the corner of the cabinet where the control panel can jab him in the nuts, than in front of it.

Then there are the buttons. Not a single one of which make any sense to me at all. Ok, so maybe the 2 powder blue ones near the top are player 1 and 2 start, maybe. But after that? WTF? There are buttons all around the joysticks, and even mashed up against the spinner. I can't fucking believe anyone did this on purpose.

Is there some sort of malady that's like dyslexia; but for spacial logic? Does this guy look at his CP and see things in regular order? FOR GOD SAKE, SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!

I think I need therapy now. Some things you can't un-see.

bent

Post by bent »

fail