Limbo [XBLA]

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

SuperFeen

Limbo [XBLA]

Post by SuperFeen »

just played the demo and game looks amazing

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvRuu2rmZbI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvRuu2rmZbI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

definitely buying this

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

wow. that looks really ill and i cosign it having to be played in the dark. too bad its prollly not gonna be on ps3 i take it...?

Brokewax

Post by Brokewax »

Reminds me of a darker little big planet

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

looks pretty cool, will be checkin it out.

service

Post by service »

It's meh. The visual style is phenomenal at first but gets old quick, and gameplay wise it may as well be a free Flash game. Stale mechanics and very predictable puzzles. Doesn't hold a candle to Braid or Shadow Complex.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

It's too short and thus overpriced at $15*, but I loved the shit out of this game while it lasted. Incredibly atmospheric, inventive, varied puzzles that lie on a good difficulty curve as the game progresses, spot-on hit detection for the platforming aspects of the gameplay, outstanding sound effects (there is no music, but the hiss and crackle of an old filmstrip can always be heard throughout the game). Perfect physics. A ton of attention to detail. If you even remotely liked Braid or old games like Out Of This World or Flashback, you need this.

* May be mitigated by replay value; I've played through it twice already and will play through it again, and I almost never replay games.

Ego

Post by Ego »

service wrote:It's meh. The visual style is phenomenal at first but gets old quick, and gameplay wise it may as well be a free Flash game. Stale mechanics and very predictable puzzles. Doesn't hold a candle to Braid or Shadow Complex.
how far did you get?

it's better than braid

i loved braid

it is too short, won't get dlc, that would ruin the idea of the game

*spoiler*

turns out you were dead the whole time, you know, in limbo
Last edited by Ego on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Ego wrote:
service wrote:It's meh. The visual style is phenomenal at first but gets old quick, and gameplay wise it may as well be a free Flash game. Stale mechanics and very predictable puzzles. Doesn't hold a candle to Braid or Shadow Complex.
how far did you get?

it's better than braid

i loved braid

it is too short, won't get dlc, that would ruin the idea of the game *spoiler* turns out you were dead the whole time, you know, in limbo
Ghat Damn U Ego, fuckin Spoiler ass.... make the spoiler tag more obvious next time u drop some shit.

Ego

Post by Ego »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Ego wrote:
how far did you get?

it's better than braid

i loved braid

it is too short, won't get dlc, that would ruin the idea of the game *spoiler* turns out you were dead the whole time, you know, in limbo
Ghat Damn U Ego, fuckin Spoiler ass.... make the spoiler tag more obvious next time u drop some shit.
Shit....

my bad

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

It's not really a spoiler, there is nothing in the game that explicity identifies where you are or what your purpose is. It's simply one (probably correct) interpretation of the game.

Not trying to be smug but I just assumed that was the premise of the game before even playing. I mean, shit, the name of the game is "LIMBO" for crying out loud.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Liking the look of this game. Definitely going to DL the demo.

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

Spartan wrote:Liking the look of this game. Definitely going to DL the demo.
You should, there are some great moments in there. Very fun game.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Anyone else get the five deaths or less acheivement? :smugkid:

Probably the closest I've come to giving myself a heart attack while playing a game.