Official Call Of Duty Black Ops thread

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

i still fucking suck. i need some tips.

do certain guns aim down the barrel faster? i notice i'm almost constantly losing the reflex battles of when you come around a corner and immediately run into someone.

i got a good tip from my little brother(constantly first place in matches) the other day that has been helping me out. he said you should be looking at your mini map about 50% of the time.

maybe i just suck at online fps....

wheels

Post by wheels »

SMGs aim faster down the sight I think? You can definitely move faster while ADS by using them. I think sleight of hand pro still makes you aim faster, try that. It's easy to unlock.

I notice a lot of people will start firing, then as they aim down the sight they'll correct their aim back toward their target, instead of aiming then shooting. If you have a grip on your gun this is even more useful. If you're far away from your target this method sucks, but inside 30 yards I'd say it's more accurate. I also strafe to fix my aim instead of using the right stick.

I don't know about 50% on the minimap. I bounce back and forth a lot. If you're camping, and you're really only concerned with one section of the map, the minimap isn't going to tell you much you don't already know. If you're running around you might want to look at it more often.

I usually try to use some combination of the minimap and the markers that show where my teammates are dying to figure out where the other team is.

A lot of my deaths can be attributed to trying to do too much at once. Like I'll get capped trying to throw a grenade or plant a mine or some shit when I should just be paying attention to something else. I've started to save all that shit for when I'm set up instead of trying to use it to clear a spot.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

^^ The scare tactic aspect of getting the first shot off isn't bad either

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

good tips wheels, i'm gonna give it another go tonight and see what happens.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Fuck i didn't even know pro versions of perks existed until wheels post. for those in the same n00b boat, here's a breakdown of what they do and what challenges are needed to get them.
Here is a list of all the perks in Black Ops and their functions. The perks in Black Ops are laid out in three tiers, similar to how the perks were setup Modern Warfare 2. Tier 1 perks will affect the appearance of you character, an example being: the perk Ghost, will outfit your character in clothing suited to reconnaissance.

All perks have a Pro variant and have a different set of challenges for each one that you must complete before unlocking the Pro variant of a perk.

Tier 1

Lightweight -
Move faster

Lightweight Pro - Move faster + no fall damage

Challenges

Melee Kills - Earn 15 melee kills.
Escape Death - Escape death 5 times after being hurt.
Offense Medals - Get 10 Offense Medals by killing enemies near their objective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scavenger -
Replenish ammo and Lethal Grenades from fallen enemies

Scavenger Pro - Replenish ammo and Lethal Grenades from fallen enemies + Start with extra mags and replenish Tactical Grenades from fallen enemies

Challenges

Resupplies - Resupply 150 times while using Scavenger.
Grenade Kills - Get 5 Lethal Grenade kills with a resupplied grenade.
Kill Count - Get 5 kills without dying 5 times.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost -
Remain hidden from enemy Spy Planes

Ghost Pro - Remain hidden from enemy Spy Plans + Avoid targeting from aircraft, IR scopes, and Sentry Guns. No red crosshair or name when targeted.

Challenges

Concealed Kills - Kill 20 enemies while they have a Spy Plane or Blackbird active.
Destroy Aircraft - Destroy 30 aircraft with any non-Killstreak launcher.
Destroy Sentry Gun - Destroy 1 Sentry Gun.

Flak Jacket
- Take less explosive damage

Flak Jacket Pro- Take less explosive damage + Deflect fire damage and safely toss back Frag Grenades

Challenges

Protected - Survive 10 explosions while using Flack Jacket.
Demolished - Plant or defuse 10 bombs in Demolition, Sabotage, or Search & Destroy.
Throwbacks - Throw back 5 enemy Frag grenades.

Hardline -
Earn killstreak rewards with one less kill

Hardline Pro - Earn killstreak rewards with one less kill + change the contents of a care package

Challenges

Share Packages - Share 10 Killstreak reward crates with teammates.
Multiple Killstreaks - Earn 7 killstreaks in one match while using Hardline.
Killstreak - Get 7 kills without dying in one match.

Tier 2

Hardened - Penetrate walls and objects with deeper bullet impact

Hardened Pro - Penetrate walls and objects with deeper bullet impact + inflict extra bullet damage on aircraft and turrets, and flinch less when shot

Challenges

Penetration Kills - Get 10 kills using Hardened and shooting through walls.
Bullets in Aircraft - Shoot 200 bullets into enemy aircraft.
Equipment Shot - Destroy 1 piece of enemy equipment through a wall.

Scout
- Hold breath longer when scoped

Scout Pro - Hold breath longer when scoped + switch weapons faster

Challenges

Secondary Kills - Get 50 kills with secondary weapons.
One Shot Kills - Get 50 One Shot, One Kill Medals.
Headshots - Get 30 Headshot kills.

Steady Aim
- Maintain increased accuracy when firing from the hip

Steady Aim Pro - Maintain increased accuracy when firing from the hip + aim faster after sprinting and recover quickly from knife lunges

Challenges

Quick Melee - Melee two enemies consecutively within 5 seconds.
Sprint Kills - Get 100 kills after sprinting.
Hip Fire Kills - Get 150 hip fire kills using Steady Aim.

Sleight of Hand
- Reload weapons faster

Sleight of Hand Pro - Reload weapons faster + aim down sights faster with weapons (except Sniper Rifles)

Challenges

Aiming Kills - Get 150 kills while aiming down sights.
Reload Kills - Kill an enemy within 5 seconds of reloading 30 times.
Fast Hand Kills - Reload and finish off the enemy you wounded 10 times.

Warlord
- Equip two attachments to your primary weapon (excluding underbarrels)

Warlord Pro - Equip two attachments to your primary weapon (excluding underbarrels) + start with one extra Tactical and Lethal Grenade (except Willy Pete)

Challenges

Two Attachment Kills - Get 150 kills using a gun with two attachments.
Grenade Kills - Get 10 Frag or Semtex kills.
Grenade Multi-kills - Get 1 multi-kill with Frag or Semtex.

Tier 3

Tactical Mask - Protect yourself against Nova Gas

Tactical Mask Pro - Protect yourself against Nova Gas + reduce the effects of Flash and Concussion Grenades, and reveal the position of a flashed or stunned enemy.

Challenges

Flash Kills - Kill 20 enemies that are blinded by your Flashbang.
Concussion Kills - Kill 20 enemies that are stunned by your Concussion Grenade.
Nova Gas Kills - Kill 20 enemies poisoned by your Nova Gas

Marathon
- Sprint for a longer duration

Marathon Pro - Sprint for a longer duration + sprint for an unlimited duration

Challenges

26 Miles - Sprint 26 miles using Marathon.
First Blood - Get the First Blood Medal 10 times.
Captures - In Capture the Flag, get the Flag Capture Medal 15 times while using Marathon.

Ninja
- Move silently

Ninja Pro - Move silently + make no noise at all and hear enemies louder

Challenges

Silenced Kills - Get 150 kills using the Suppressor attachment.
Back Stabs - Get 5 Backstabber Medals.
Plants - Plant the bomb 10 times in Demolition, Sabotage, or Search & Destroy.

Second Chance
- Pull out your pistol before dying

Second Chance Pro - Pull out your pistol before dying + survive longer and get revived by your teammates

Challenges

Kills - Get 10 kills while in Second Chance.
Revenge - While in Second Chance, kill the enemy who downed you 5 times.
Headshot - Get 1 headshot kill while in Second Chance.

Hacker
- Detect enemy equipment, explosives and turrets

Hacker Pro - Detect enemy equipment, explosives and turrets + sabotage enemy equipment and turrets, booby trap stolen crates and remain invisible to Motion Sensors.

Challenges

Destroys - Destroy 10 equipment or explosives while using Hacker.
Explosive Kills - Kill 25 enemies with a Claymore or C4.
Near Equipment Kills - Kill 25 enemies within the radius of your Jammer or Motion Sensor

wheels

Post by wheels »

I was sitting around playin COD with a buddy over the holiday and he had some suggestions for me that helped me out.

He aims chest high and lets the kick get him headshots. This is for full auto weapons. Shoot in 2 round bursts if possible. He says the first shot will be on target, the second one will be high, and every shot after that will be high and also miss to the left or right. He never aims for the head unless that's all that he can see. His accuracy is 32%, jredd status. He doesn't snipe ever or use single fire weapons/shotguns.

He told me to use Hacker and it gets me a shitload of kills. You can shoot claymores through walls, and you can see where all that shit is placed, which gives people's spots away. I've also started putting claymores in random spots instead of where I'm camping for that reason.

Shoot grenades at cars. Basically blow up cars whenever you have a chance, but especially at the beginning of rounds. I got a quad kill the other day 5 seconds into a match by zinging a grenade at a car that was right in the way of where everybody has to run. This was on Havana.

AK74 with grip and rapid fire is ridiculously good.

Skip the red dot scopes if you can. the only ones worth a shit are the acog and the thermal, neither of which I like. Go with a launcher or a grip every time.

Cook every grenade.

Keep shooting through walls if your target takes cover. If you've got someone sighted who is also shooting at you, and you have to strafe over to get behind cover, shoot through it once you get there, even if there's two walls in the way. I tend to forget that you can shoot out of cover, not just into it. If that makes sense.

It's worth mentioning that he and I play regular Team deathmatch 95 times out of a hundred. No hardcore or objective stuff unless we're in ground war and domination comes up.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I think I've found another side splitting "net persona".....he goes by the name of "MoneyBagShawty"....he had me dyin' laughing on the Deathmatches.....everytime he wins he yells out "SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAWTAAAAAAAAY!!!".....hilarious.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

played the campaign today. gotta say, i'm a big fan of the crossbow with exploding bolts.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

jredd109 wrote:played the campaign today. gotta say, i'm a big fan of the crossbow with exploding bolts.
Oh, i love it too. I mainly use it for ol' sniper-wannabe ass players and hard to reach places.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

so, i've played about half the campaign and a bit of multi. (on my bro-in-law's account).

there are aspects of the game that are definite improvements over MW2, but all in all, it's an inferior game.

you can find me on MW2 if you wanna shoot it up.

wheels

Post by wheels »

I think the only reason I like this game more is because I'm better at it.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

wheels wrote:I think the only reason I like this game more is because I'm better at it.
ditto.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Here's a good video for Summit, he has 5 or 6 maps on his list. Useful info about camping spots and map tricks

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/peAB3xK0TJ4?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/peAB3xK0TJ4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

killed a guy in mw2 yesterday with a close range direct impact from a stun grenade toss.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

jredd109 wrote:killed a guy in mw2 yesterday with a close range direct impact from a stun grenade toss.

no one cares, get black ops you faggot......seriously when are you going to get it?

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The first map pack is out on the 360 on February 1st for 1,200 MS Points.

It contains 4 competitive multiplayer maps: -

Discovery - Set in the Antarctic research station from the single player
Kowloon - Set on the rooftops of Hong Kong from the single player
Berlin Wall
Stadium - Set in a hockey rink

There's also a new zombie map called Ascension.

It'll probably hit PSN and PC on or around March 1st.

If anyone here is from the UK and wants some cheap MS Points, speak up and I'll tell you where to get them.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Trademark wrote:
jredd109 wrote:killed a guy in mw2 yesterday with a close range direct impact from a stun grenade toss.

no one cares, get black ops you faggot......seriously when are you going to get it?
never. i don't like it at all. shitty hit detection, in the campaign too. i can see it in multi with lag involved but in single player? i don't think treyarch can make a good game. i'm not gonna waste my money.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Sigma wrote: Stadium - Set in a hockey rink

:ohsh: :ohsh:

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

jredd109 wrote:
Trademark wrote:

never. i don't like it at all. shitty hit detection, in the campaign too. i can see it in multi with lag involved but in single player? i don't think treyarch can make a good game. i'm not gonna waste my money.

thinly veiled, "things have been tough, can't afford new games" reply.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

those vids are dope wheels.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

Trademark wrote:
jredd109 wrote:
Trademark wrote:

naah dood. i am sitting on $150 in futureshop gift cards. i could go buy it 3 times over if i wanted to. it's an inferior game and i'm not getting it just cause it's new and everyone else has it.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

jredd109 wrote:
Trademark wrote:
jredd109 wrote:
Trademark wrote:

naah dood. i am sitting on $150 in futureshop gift cards. i could go buy it 3 times over if i wanted to. it's an inferior game and i'm not getting it just cause it's new and everyone else has it.

you were supposed to reply "thinly veiled, Trademark wants Jredd to come play team deathmatch with him," post.

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

The new maps are ehhhhh, the biggest benefit of having them, it makes you appreciate certain old maps when they pop up in the rotation. I still think Nuketown is the best map in the game, but I only play Demolition and Headquarters. TDM is for queers...

wheels

Post by wheels »

Glad you've decided to focus on xbox instead of music.

YOURE A QUEER

Post by 360 »

lol

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I just got this for my birthday. I'm going to play through the single player before I delve in to the online shit though. I'm cysed about it.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Update the thread when you decide to hop online. Ps3 right?

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

yeah.

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Does anyone have the First Strike maps I can bum?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

new map pack is camper heaven

which sucks for me