Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

was wandering around and saw a fight between two stormcloaks and two imperials and said whatever side won would be the one i would finally join. two stormcloaks remained, two imperials went down. stormcloak ho!
moved by duck muscles

hustler

Post by hustler »

im not fuckin wit this till they patch all the bugs
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

gonna keep playing this and try and reach max level. hoping to finish everything i can before KoA hits the shelves.

ric

Post by ric »

in the pre-launch interviews the developer said there was no true maximum level

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hitting 100 in every skill should get you to lvl 81. You stop levelling after that.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

at some point in the game, doesnt the shit get mad easy cause of skill level being so high? Im still @ 19.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I dunno, I got ganked by a plethora of master casters in some mountain fort when I was around level 39 i think. Don't think I've even died once since hitting the 50+ zone, including ancient dragons.

Last time I played (level 65), I was doing an assassination quest and an optional concurrent assassination that was near-by and I took down about thirty motherfuckers in quick time.

There's no way I'll hit 81 next Friday like I wanted.

ric

Post by ric »

Spartan wrote:Hitting 100 in every skill should get you to lvl 81. You stop levelling after that.
oh ok. kind of sweet, kinda dumb

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i'm @ 51, armored to the teeth and still a briar heart dude took me out in one swing the other day
moved by duck muscles

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

those guys come out of left field with some kind of crazy spell that demolishes once in a while

low probability roll or some shit haha.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i looked it up on that skyrim wiki right after it happened cause i was dumbfounded that it actually happened and it said exactly that.
it also said that you can pickpocket their hearts for an instant kill, so the next one i encountered i went down to crouch mode while he was focused on aela and kept trying to pickpocket him in the midst of battle. guess you can't pickpocket whilst in the midst of battle. thankfully i fell down a well when he turned to swing on me, ran back up the mine we were in to where he was still duking it out with her and quickly ended him w/ my daedra battle axe. fun times
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFXJu9S7zNc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uFXJu9S7zNc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
always thought mounteed combat would be nice
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Holy shit, those were all awesome.

ric

Post by ric »

mounted combat? is that what that is? sounds sweet. i have only ridden on horses twice though.

i started rolling with a "hardcore" kind of build because grabbing 25 greatswords to sell is losing its appeal.

do any of you guys run with self-imposed restrictions?

heres mine: character is conjure/alter/one hand/jewelry smith/minor-healing/minor-enchant/minor-speech. breton. i chose the magic and jewelry smith and speech because of the breton-lore in the game.
1 - will eat soup or some food stuff twice a day (night and day) i eat to heal when i can
2 - will not carry over around half weight unless end of area looting to insta-travel and sell
3 - 40 arrow max (if i was archer i would make it like 100 or so and restrict elsewhere) also, only arrows may be poisoned.
4 - weapon/armor max at two sets of each unless looting as above (although i would probably do heavy armor at one set, my dude doesnt wear armor so she gets to carry some clothes around)
5 - sleep/wait at least 6 hours every once in a while
6 - no level exploits
7 - gold carry is maxed at a few thousand once you get the house or insta-travel for specific purchase (i get around the idea of carrying around a few thousand gold with the idea that it comes in different denominations)
8 - potion # is maxed (havent yet figured out a decent number but clearly carrying around 50 or 100 potions is contrary to the whole idea, i dont think a person would be able to carry that much around unless they arent really carrying anything else
9 - restrict perk use to what is natural. my dude will not be a super enchanter. quality perk, yes, other enchant perks, no. ie lockpick skills will be judiciously meted out, ex: eventually master lock would be fine but wax key is over the top. will choose one line in the speech tree - persuade or mercantile. etc etc etc

i am really enjoying the game much much more and i highly recommend you come up with a set for more 'natural' play. ive been reading and some people go as far as to just deny the use of magic except shouts. seems a little overboard for me, but maybe if i had a non magic character i wouldnt do any sort of magic (ie healing) but then you might really have to stock up on potions, which seems unnatural to be able to carry 240 potions/poisons. a paladin could theoretically pull it off. or a ff2-kain-style dark knight could maybe enchant or alter.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

im not sure this is a restriction, but I will change my outfit depending on where I am. Example - if I enter a pub, I put on some street close and put away my weapons, or when I'm in the snowy mountains, I'm rockin my fur armor.

also, I generally dont like to fast travel at all.

ric

Post by ric »

ha. excellent.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

ric wrote:mounted combat? is that what that is? sounds sweet. i have only ridden on horses twice though.

i started rolling with a "hardcore" kind of build because grabbing 25 greatswords to sell is losing its appeal.

do any of you guys run with self-imposed restrictions?

heres mine: character is conjure/alter/one hand/jewelry smith/minor-healing/minor-enchant/minor-speech. breton. i chose the magic and jewelry smith and speech because of the breton-lore in the game.
1 - will eat soup or some food stuff twice a day (night and day) i eat to heal when i can
2 - will not carry over around half weight unless end of area looting to insta-travel and sell
3 - 40 arrow max (if i was archer i would make it like 100 or so and restrict elsewhere) also, only arrows may be poisoned.
4 - weapon/armor max at two sets of each unless looting as above (although i would probably do heavy armor at one set, my dude doesnt wear armor so she gets to carry some clothes around)
5 - sleep/wait at least 6 hours every once in a while
6 - no level exploits
7 - gold carry is maxed at a few thousand once you get the house or insta-travel for specific purchase (i get around the idea of carrying around a few thousand gold with the idea that it comes in different denominations)
8 - potion # is maxed (havent yet figured out a decent number but clearly carrying around 50 or 100 potions is contrary to the whole idea, i dont think a person would be able to carry that much around unless they arent really carrying anything else
9 - restrict perk use to what is natural. my dude will not be a super enchanter. quality perk, yes, other enchant perks, no. ie lockpick skills will be judiciously meted out, ex: eventually master lock would be fine but wax key is over the top. will choose one line in the speech tree - persuade or mercantile. etc etc etc

i am really enjoying the game much much more and i highly recommend you come up with a set for more 'natural' play. ive been reading and some people go as far as to just deny the use of magic except shouts. seems a little overboard for me, but maybe if i had a non magic character i wouldnt do any sort of magic (ie healing) but then you might really have to stock up on potions, which seems unnatural to be able to carry 240 potions/poisons. a paladin could theoretically pull it off. or a ff2-kain-style dark knight could maybe enchant or alter.
Post of the Year.

ric

Post by ric »

that is perhaps the most nerdy ive ever been about a video game

Post by 360 »

Horses are amazing. They can easily traverse 80 degree angles.

Also, has anyone spoken to the headless horseman? I only see him when on foot and I don't think conversation dialogues with him are active unless mounted.

As far as restrictions go, one of my characters is an borderline pacifist Imperial with a concentration in the thief trees. Basically, VERY minimal combat. I can either sneak past most everything or use my race-related power to calm down enemies in my immediate vicinity. lol

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

holy shit ric
can't say i do any of that, but i guess i do kinda do the borderline pacifist thing in regards to innocents and friendly animals. taking out a deer or squirrel or a non-hostile mammoth or even a hostile mammoth bums me out
here's the video from up above though
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYOFLqItuW4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AYOFLqItuW4?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
moved by duck muscles

ric

Post by ric »

@leftbrain
yeah pretty fucking nerdy, but better game play that slows you down when youre going too fast for your own good.

thanks for that re-post. that shit is fucking awesome.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

i always thought you should be able to apply magic to arrows..

Post by 360 »

ric

Post by ric »

:lol:

Post by 360 »

DLC info this month, apparently.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

they updated the kill cams or something or other today. just poppped the game back in for the first time in two months to check it out and forgot how fucking frustrating the load times and lag is on this
moved by duck muscles

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Skyrim ... 42049.html

After weeks of teasing, Bethesda finally announced the first downloadable content for their open-world RPG Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Dawnguard DLC will be arriving in a few months.

The teaser image for the DLC shows the usual Nord hero featured in the game's marketing. However, he's a bit different this time around. His eyes have a strange yellow glow to them. Does that mean the player will be receiving new powers in this game?

The latest patch for Skyrim supposedly contained some clues about the content. A user dug around in the patch files and found references to crossbows and snow elves. I can only assume that the player kills snow elves with a crossbow and then forms a Nord death metal band named Dawnguard.

Bethesda says that Dawnguard will debut on the Xbox 360 this summer. If you recall, the first two DLC packs for Skyrim will be timed exclusives for the 360. PS3 and PC gamers will have to wait at least an additional 30 days to get their hands on this new content.

A summer release is probably a longer wait than most Skyrim fans were expecting. It's been several months since Skyrim's launch, after all. The added wait just means expectations will be even higher. It suggests that this DLC will be pretty huge, too.

While summer technically starts at the end of May, don't expect it that soon. Bethesda says that they're waiting until E3 in early June to announce more details on Dawnguard.
the boy is the father to the man

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PjBSicSVqI?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PjBSicSVqI?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK YEAH
this & the batman add on are sure to launch me back into both games.
thinking i may have to create character #2 for this since my first cat is so incredibly laggy now

also heard mounted combat was added in the last patch but haven't been around my ps3 recently to confirm. was seen in that trailer so very well could be true
moved by duck muscles

Post by 360 »

So Dawnguard has arrived.

Just dled it and am about to dig in. Anyone else?