Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Robbaz, King of Sveden is a fucking badass.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Spartan wrote:I can not fucking wait to get that Dragon Rend shout. Running for miles chasing an ancient dragon and attracting nearby bandits/forsworn and bears/sabrecats, by the time I'm done with them the dragon has fucked off.
Dragonrend has been nothing but a pain in the ass for me. You hit a dragon with it, then they fly a mile away and land for about 5 seconds

just thinking about chasing dragons around is pissing me off

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

:owens:

It's time to level up archery I guess.

BTW, what level are you, Andvil?

jimmy78

Post by jimmy78 »

Spartan wrote:I can not fucking wait to get that Dragon Rend shout. Running for miles chasing an ancient dragon and attracting nearby bandits/forsworn and bears/sabrecats, by the time I'm done with them the dragon has fucked off.
(a) This game sounds right up my strata....

(b) Spartan, that sig is totally transatlantic...

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Spartan wrote::owens:

BTW, what level are you, Andvil?
have logged just over 175 hours :cry: :disappear: :treetopping:
Last edited by Andvil on Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That's ten more than me.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

Andvil wrote:have logged just over 175 hours :cry: :disappear: :treetopping:
No wonder you can't do the DVD release threads anymore.

I just came in to say that I just picked this up this week. I am off for 11 days for the holidays, so I see myself putting in some hours playing this.

ric

Post by ric »

Spartan wrote::owens:

spartan, the thing is, you dont have to level it up. just whip out the bow and start shooting. all you have to do is be close enough to hit it when you can and find an open space for it to land when it wants and when its health gets low. sometimes that is hard to do and takes time.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I was surprised to see that the Daedric armor is stronger than the Dragonscale. I been rolling with specific enchanted armor sets now, where i'll throw a particular set on and have zero cost to cast destruction or restoration spells, or if I know there will be a lot of hand to hand throw on like 200% up for one handed. shit gets carried away pretty quick.

any tips on upping my alteration skill level? outside of casting stoneflesh everywhere I go...

also the transmute spell that lets you change iron ore into silver ore into gold ore is fucking ill.

ric

Post by ric »

transmuting is the bomb, especially if youre regenerating like crazy.
alteration is sort of limited just keep casting those defensive spells.
theres also a detect life spell where you can see dudes through walls which is handy and spammable

magic use hasnt really been perfected and i feel like destruction and restoration are by far the easiest spells to abuse. i have a serially low leveled mage who is doing quests way past his level merely because dual casting destruction magic is so :copy:

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

try and make a set of armor that has all "alteration reduced by 25%" enchantments and then just cast telekinesis all day, Alteration will be at 100 in like 10 minutes

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

ric wrote:magic use hasnt really been perfected and i feel like destruction and restoration are by far the easiest spells to abuse. i have a serially low leveled mage who is doing quests way past his level merely because dual casting destruction magic is so :copy:
You can abuse the blocking, heavy/light armor and most of the spell trees pretty easily. Just get into combat mode (even better when they're far away) with a low level mob like a wolf or bandit and start spamming away.

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Does any know a shop keeper that can handle my balling out of control lifestyle?

I have the speech upgrade where I can sell anything to any merchant, but every merchant seems to have between 500 -1500 gold and can't afford my legendary enchanted wares. That is unless I buy a bunch of crap from them first just to get their gold up. But that is basically the equivalent of the bribery scene in the first Naked Gun.

ric

Post by ric »

@spartan
truth. im intentionally avoiding spamming and cheap level ups though.

@snuggles
i am just guessing that you could reasonably invest in most merchants at whiterun and have 4-5 merchants at high gold levels and easy, run around access to all of them. youve got the hunting one, the normal armory, the sky forge, the misc merchant and the citys wizard for magical stuff and obviously the khajit caravan if its around.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

the fences tend to have more gold than most of the other vendors and shop owners. Around 1500 gold on them, I'm guessing with the speech perks, they would carry even more cash on them.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

lost aranea during the battle with morokei at the end of the staff of magnus quest
contemplating fighting that tough bastard again just to see if i can keep her alive
she was a bad bittie
moved by duck muscles

TeenageMoustache

Post by TeenageMoustache »

This game is ruining my life.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Spartan wrote:the fences tend to have more gold than most of the other vendors and shop owners. Around 1500 gold on them, I'm guessing with the speech perks, they would carry even more cash on them.
with money so easy to come by the speech perks seem way less important, it's more a pain in the ass to have to go to multiple towns to multiple vendors to clear my inventory. much easy to dump in a house and continue actually playing the game.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

TeenageMoustache wrote:This game is ruining my life.
just busted out a solid six hour session
only stopped because they want me to kill paarthurnax
and i'm not trying to do that
that's my dude
moved by duck muscles

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

If you invest in Lucan at The Riverwood Trader, he has ~11000 gold.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

ChewbaccaUncircumcised wrote:If you invest in Lucan at The Riverwood Trader, he has ~11000 gold.
damnnnn...i might have to reconsider

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
TeenageMoustache wrote:This game is ruining my life.
just busted out a solid six hour session
only stopped because they want me to kill paarthurnax
and i'm not trying to do that
that's my dude
:spidey: did exactly the same thing yesterday, same mission too.
if you don't kill Paarthurnax before the final confrontation with Alduin, it's no longer in the quest log.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

so you don't have to kill him?
i don't want to kill him
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
so you don't have to kill him?
i don't want to kill him
you don't have to kill him.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

nice. thanks for the heads up
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

finished the main quest last night..probably should have went at it a little earlier cause it really wasn't all that challenging
(battling the 5 dragur deathlord dudes and two dragons all at once before you jump in the portal was a tad crazy, but just running really large laps around the roof while conjuring/healing then swinging on whoever is near you w/ a battleaxe made it easy enough)
and somewhat anticlimactic. but it's all good, tons o fun
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yeah, I did it at lvl 64 and it was too fucking easy.

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I was at 62 when i fought Alduin, shit was a cake walk, didn't use a single potion. had harder fights against ancient dragons, vampires, and hordes of high level necromancers.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Don't think I'll ever get to finish this game. Finished the dragon born quest line but some reason, the civil war quests disappeared off the quest log.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

that's strange. i haven't joined either faction yet, nor have i started the dark brotherhood storyline, but got most of the rest of the main ones wrapped up now (i think). have had the talking dog at my side for two days now, him and aela from the brotherhood, so been spending a little bit of time clearing out dungeons i just didn't feel like clearing out earlier, and with them two it couldn't take less effort (the dog in particular. everyone focuses on him when they get near him, so i can just stand two feet back and blast destruction magic on their faces like cake). gonna have to finish his quest soon cause that does take some of the fun out of it, but it's nice to clean up some the misc objectives with little to no trouble
moved by duck muscles