New Crysis 2 single player gameplay (Xbox 360)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

New Crysis 2 single player gameplay (Xbox 360)

Post by Sigma »

<object width="1280" height="750"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PetolT4L7P8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PetolT4L7P8?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="750"></embed></object>

Looks pretty shit hot for a console game!

Post by 360 »

It apparently already leaked which I'm told is the earliest game leak ever.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

:ohsh:

i might have to sli my gtx460 and play this on pc.

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

This game is incredible. I like that it's more challenging and requires more strategy than most modern shooters, but it's the graphics that really put it over the top. It is easily the best looking game I've ever played. The story is shit, but it's an improvement over the North Korean nonsense of the first game. I can't comment on the multiplayer since I don't have a legit copy, but the single player is the best FPS I've played in a long while. Puts Modern Warfare to shame.

It plays butter smooth on my mid-range PC on high settings (AMD dual-core 3.0ghz, Radeon 4850, 3 gigs ram)

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I'm loving the single player campaign. Having the suit makes a lot of difference compared to regular FPS games, because you can approach situations in different ways.

The AI is good in this game, but it's not as good as I expected. I was playing a level last night where I was high up on a platform above a street filled with soldiers. One of them was standing about 5 feet from a barrier, and I shot him with a machine gun, but not enough to kill him. He shouted something, but he just stood there, allowing me to fire again and finish him off. Another soldier that was standing a few feet away carried on standing there as if nothing had happened, so I could just shoot him at my leisure. I expected them to try and take cover.

That's a minor gripe though, as sometimes the AI soldiers are quite clever and act in realistic ways. The game is great. Being able to use stealth while cloaked makes a big difference and I love sneaking up on enemies for a stealth kill, or if that's not your thing you can use the max shield instead and go in guns blazing. There's a good range of weapons and you can change the sights on them at any time, or switch from using a silencer to no silencer. You also have suit upgrades that you can unlock.

It runs pretty well on consoles too. Marginally better on the 360 in 2D and marginally better on the PS3 in 3D. The framerate can drop dramatically in a frantic close up fire fight with a bunch of guys and while that doesn't happen that often, it's still the only thing that really lets it down in terms of performance. Obviously, the PC version looks and performs considerably better if you've got the machine to run it.