Moderator: Sigma

Ramen

Re: What Games Are You Playing Now?

Post by Ramen »

Horizon Zero Dawn was such a dope game

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Still haven't finished HZD, despite hitting level cap already. Those fucking corrupted rockbreakers, though.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

when I pulled up to that zone I was literally mad that the developers did that :lol:

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

So, as it turns out, Nioh is really fucking good. I've never played a Souls-type game, so I'm beginning to wonder if I should dive further into the genre. The combat is so satisfying, and the punishing boss battles are really rewarding in a way that reminds me of Devil May Cry and Mega Man in their own ways.

Also currently on my plate:
Hitman: Season One (super good game, and I actually feel like I missed out on some of the experience by buying it as a whole instead of as individual episodes.)
Rocket League (as always. I've kinda plateaued in skill, but my delusions of grandeur and those damn crates keep me coming back.)
Killing Floor 2 (a nice mindless zombie-waves kind of game; a good PS+ offering.)
Mount Your Friends (once you get past all the swinging dicks, this is actually a really fun game with tight controls and an amusing premise. Catch me on those Steam leaderboards.)

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Shit I've been occasionally dabbling in:

Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Mordor (can't wait for the new one)
Hitman: Season One (Paris Showstopper is really affecting my OCD).
Persona 5
Styx: Shards of Darkness

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I've been playing Life Is Strange, which I believe is currently free with PS+ on PS4. On PC and Xbox One you can play the first episode for free, which gives you a couple of hours of play time. There's 5 episodes in total.

It's a story-driven adventure game where you have the ability to rewind time, but not by much. This is used for puzzle solving, plus it allows you to learn a new piece of info, then rewind time and take advantage of it. Of course you can also use the ability to change a decision. In each chapter there are 5 or 6 major decisions that you have to make and when you finish a chapter, it will show you how your choices compared to the choices of everyone else that's played the game, plus you can filter it so you can see how your choices compared to those of your friends.

It got its hooks into me pretty quickly and while it won't be for everyone, you can at least try episode 1 for free and see what you think.

J_Preme

Post by J_Preme »

FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION (XBOX 360)

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Alien Isolation. Old but amazing. I just finished Spec Ops which is even older but as far as shooters go the story is amazing. The controls are kinda bad but it's good action.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Going to start red boxing games and beating them in three days or less and posting about it

First up Detroit: Become Human

Pretty on point and exactly what I would want a 2018 David Cage/Quantic Dream release to be... some very dark moments and fun twists and turns

picked this one up yesterday, took a 10mg oxy, drank some beers, and smoked on some Miss X and Love Triangle by green life productions... as for the game I could have probably gotten it done in a one day rental but there is a lot of replay value here... I think I might end up killing the night finding alternate storylines and trophies
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Currently playing Vampyr.

Really enjoying it so far, despite all the euro-jank.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

just crushed crash bandicoot 3 warped... well worth the purchase fore all three games... 84 percent in trophies... 100 percent crystals, missing 10 gems and a few relics...

Hush

Post by Hush »

Forza Horizon 4

Not much to say about it except it's another solid iteration and they've refined it even more. The seasons are cool as it switches things up and keeps it fresh.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Copped max Payne for 7 bucks in the ps store, nice to play this one through again, I have been savoring it and only playing a level or two a week

Brawlhalla is the only game I have been REALLY playing on ps4 xapartment223x holler at your boy
Last edited by gusty wingers on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

just copped doom and started it... ohhh shit... let's see if I beat it in a day

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

this game is going to take a while... crazy pickup for 18 dollars

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

On level five of this thing, really enjoying it. Classic doom levels, new demons, 18 dollars... One of the best values out there... Yes it gets repetitive, it's doom... I am slowly working through a level every couple of days... Great game excited for the new one

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

dead by daylight
league of legends
team fortress 2
Nets 2022

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

just played through resident evil 4, first time beating it, haven't played since its release in 2004

also playing overwatch and diablo 3

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Started bloodborne on Monday night, got it at gamestop for 20 dollars and played basically all week. Beat father gascoigne, cleric beast, vicar amelia, and the blood starved beast, and i think that's it. Did a chalice ritual to it's completion and have 28 insight.m Never played any of the souls games but bloodborne is great.

edit: just defeated the witch of hemlock HELL YEAH

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Since played through bloodborne and got true final ending, on new game plus but put it on hold for nioh. Up to the ocean roars again mission. Anybody play any of the soulsborne series or games inspired by?