What Games Are You Playing Now?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

played through the first uncharted in two sittings. fun as hell
was going to go for god of war 3 next, but think i gotta go get the 2nd uncharted asap
moved by duck muscles

ric

Post by ric »

replaying valkyria chronicles, trying to enjoy it.

on this play through im trying to finish the missions quickly enough so i get a good score and get some money but the problem is that in order to do that its almost like you are required to use only 3 to 5 characters per mission, which takes you out of the game, you know?

its still gimmicky to me....i dont know well see

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

LilLeftBrain wrote:played through the first uncharted in two sittings. fun as hell
was going to go for god of war 3 next, but think i gotta go get the 2nd uncharted asap
GOW 3 is amazing, I loved the first Uncharted so my brother got me the 2nd for my birthday today...starting it now.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Uncharted 2 >>>>> GOW3

GOW3 has amazing graphics, but I found it a little shallow gameplay-wise. Uncharted 2 is def the better game.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Just beat Heavy Rain...Awesome game.

Looking to cop LA Noire next week.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ended up finally playing GTA IV. trying to imagine playing through the bank heist mission I just finished in 2008. would have been shocking, was still fun
moved by duck muscles

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Finished Bioshock, finally moving onto another game I missed: Prototype. After this is either Red Dead Redemption or Infamous 2, depending on how cheap I can buy Infamous 2.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

F.E.A.R. 3 - I finished the single player campaign with the default character. It's OK. The campaign is fairly short, but once you complete a level you can replay it with another character who has completely different skills and there's some interesting multiplayer modes. If you liked F.E.A.R. 2 I'd say rent this one and check it out.

Shadows of the Damned - I'm about half way through this one. Again, I'd say it's just OK. I expected more given who was involved in creating it. It's linear and I don't like the humour, although the gameplay is pretty good fun.

Alice: Madness Returned - I'm a third of the way through this one. It's decent and it seems like the single player campaign is going to be quite long. There's not many games like this being made these days.

Pinball FX2 - I've been playing this since it was released. I think it has the best collection of tables created for any pinball game and there's a new Captain America table being released for it tomorrow.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Made an attempt at playing Elder Scrolls: Oblivion again. Three days wondering about like a lost little mongoloid and I'm still at level one. Will probably avoid Skyrim and cop The Witcher 2 instead.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

still RDR multi-player pretty hard. trying to prestige my character to the max. taking FOREVER!

LA NOIRE. just dl'd all the DLC. This game is nice to pop in from time when im in the mood.

PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP - holy SHIT! game is SICK as all hell.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh shit! didn't even realize infamous 2 was out now. gotta go cop
moved by duck muscles

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I've been playing Bastion, which is a $15 downloadable game on XBLA, but it's also coming out on Steam soon I believe. I would highly recommend this one!

I've also been playing Captain America: Super Soldier. Sega have made some particularly poor movie tie in games recently, but this one isn't too bad. Elements of it remind me of Arkham Asylum, but it's not even close to being on the level of that game overall. I think it's a reasonable rental during the summer games drought, but it's a pretty short game too at only about 5 hours to complete the campaign. If you've got a Gamefly account, perhaps give it a shot.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

fallout new vegas
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu never has a game frozen this many times on me
beat the main storyline last night. not as enjoyable as fallout 3 for me because i truly have no idea what was going on in the main storyline. i just killed everyone and now me and yes man rule the strip. or we rule hoover dam. both i guess. i'm not sure cause it did that same faggy thing as fallout 3 where you can't keep on keepin on after completing the game
moved by duck muscles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

been playing from dust recently. excellent game and the controls are nowhere near as cumbersome as some reviews hinted at. two of the levels were pretty fucking difficult but i managed to complete them after a bit of hair ripping. great ending too. hopefully ubisoft can make this into a proper disc game with new elements to play with.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Saints Row 3!!!!

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Dragon's Dogma.

Very far from perfect but finding it very addictive. The fights are insanely chaotic and great and the pawn system is pretty fucking awesome.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Spartan wrote:Dragon's Dogma.

Very far from perfect but finding it very addictive. The fights are insanely chaotic and great and the pawn system is pretty fucking awesome.
Is the combat aspect as fun as Amalur?? And elaborate on this pawn system, this game been on my radar but I've been occupied with finishing the DLC for Amalur and Sants Row The 3rd. Also been online getting my face kicked in on UMvC3.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Spartan wrote:Dragon's Dogma.

Is the combat aspect as fun as Amalur?? And elaborate on this pawn system, this game been on my radar but I've been occupied with finishing the DLC for Amalur and Sants Row The 3rd. Also been online getting my face kicked in on UMvC3.
I would say the combat is the biggest draw in the game for me and it pretty much takes the short-lived crown from KoA:R's in terms of it's fighting mechanics. Night-time and straying off paths is when shit truly pops off as there are gankfests aplenty and when you're out there in the dark, it's reminiscent of a survival horror game. I'll give you an example, I got caught in a forest ambush by a large squad of goblins and hobgoblins and shit got real ugly as a fucking chimera came bum-rushing in there and started fucking things up for everyone. My group were doing their thing while I'm riding on top of that chimera lopping away at it's heads. The fight was chaotic as hell and I haven't fought any gryphons, wyverns or dragon yet.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LN5vQ ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/LN5vQ ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The pawn system is surprisingly dope as you can create one pawn that's with you all the time in-game but is hired out in other players' games while you're resting or offline and he/she brings back RC (Rift Crystal) points that you could spend on hiring other pawns from other players. If the pawns are a higher level than you, then they cost more RC points but they're potentially a safer bet in certain fights than one thats the same level as your own pawn which might be under geared and less experienced in handling unknown mobs.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/qEsVm ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/qEsVm ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Biggest drawback is the plot and lack of a fast travel system. The plot so far is really fucking weak and feels neglected compared to the amount of loving time spent developing the fight and pawn systems. There are rare and expensive way-crystals that can port you back to the main city or a custom spot, but you're find yourself trekking through the same areas and fighting the same enemies over again just to get to the place on the big ass map you need to go, if the combat wasn't so awesome, it would feel monotonous as fuck.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Finished the main quest and somehow my love interest NPC turned out to be a man. Thanks for the homsex, Capcom.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Back on UMVC3 again.

I TAKE ON ALL CHALLENGERS WHO ARE ALSO TERRIBLE AND DROP COMBOS LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA
Last edited by LameAim on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

ALSO I DOUBLE POST LIKE A BOSS SOMETIMES

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I'm working on Saint's Row 2 :lastweek: after getting it via PS+. Also playing some LittleBigPlanet2 and Skate 3 sporadically, and NHL 12 (EASHL) pretty consistently.

Just finished the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection. SotC is incredible, and absolutely beautiful in HD. I'm ashamed to say I missed playing it the first time around. Ico didn't stand the test of time quite as well (it still plays like an early PS2 game), but it's still worth a playthrough.

Req

Post by Req »

Super Tennis (SNES emu)
Pilotwings (SNES emu)
NBA Jam TE (SNES emu)
GTA III (PC)
F.U. MOOLAH

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

I know I am super late to the party bbuuuutt just copped Modern Warfare 3, and Red Dead Redemption on a sweet used trade in deal.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

BigCat8 wrote:I'm working on Saint's Row 2 :lastweek: after getting it via PS+.
doing the same, but after putting about four hours into it i think im done. games doing nothing for me though i do have a pretty sweet radio station going. and in keeping w/ your post i'd rather finally dive into SotC after finishing ico months back
moved by duck muscles

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

LilLeftBrain wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:I'm working on Saint's Row 2 :lastweek: after getting it via PS+.
doing the same, but after putting about four hours into it i think im done. games doing nothing for me though i do have a pretty sweet radio station going. and in keeping w/ your post i'd rather finally dive into SotC after finishing ico months back
I've played maybe 3 missions. Those do nothing for me. I've mostly just been driving around causing chaos, throwing bums, looking for stunt jumps, listening to Nas and A-Ha, and doing the occasional side-mission.

I'll see how much time I wanna pour into it before I jump into Just Cause 2.

EDIT:

Also, Super Tennis was one of my favorite games to play when I'd visit my aunt and uncle.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ha, yeah that type of stuff has been the highlight but really i can wait 'til the next GTA to spend hours driving around fucking off
since signing up for + i also spent about two hours on JC2 before bouncing out of it. LBP2 & that sideways game are the only freebies i've really enjoyed
moved by duck muscles

Post by 907 »

Just got done playing through the Halo 10th anniversary edition last night. They did an amazing job touching up the graphics, it was crazy being able to switch back and forth in game and seeing how plain they actually were back then. The campaign was really fun too, I had forgotten how good some of those levels were, and it was cool playing them again. Well worth the ten bucks I paid for it.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Finally beat the Ur Dragon (offline version). Took me way too long than it was supposed to and a shit ton of curatives to heal my ass. Had a go at the online one and that fucker ain't going down anytime soon (at least on XBL)

Post by 360 »

Started Portal 2. It's my first experience with the franchise. It's genius.

Funny story: My friend's gf was playing it and she thought the objective was to chase down that other person she kept seeing though out the game. LOL