What Games Are You Playing Now?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Combo7

Re: What Games Are You Playing Now?

Post by Combo7 »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I want to play The Stick of Truth so bad but I can't justify paying full price for a game anymore, especially when I have a stack of 5 games that I still need to finish

Some libraries lend out games. Check around your area.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Word. I actually caved and bought it last week though, too big of a fan of SP to hold out any longer. Shit is hilarious.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Titanfall (Xbox One) - This game is a blast. The "one more go" factor keeps me playing for hours. My K/D ratio against real players is still below 1, but it's starting to creep up now.

The Pinball Arcade (PC) - I love this game and I'm actually getting pretty good at pinball now. I'm trapping the ball and taking properly aimed shots, rather than just hitting the flippers as soon as the ball comes down to them. I've completed the "Rule The Universe" mode on Attack From Mars quite a few times now.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Word. I actually caved and bought it last week though, too big of a fan of SP to hold out any longer. Shit is hilarious.
the underwear gnomes part is worth the price alone. beat it over the weekend, game is pretty epic

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I haven't had a ton of time to spend it with, but just got through the segment with the aliens which was pretty hysterical. Randy is the best.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

Randy could be the best character on the show. They kinda overused him a few years back but he still owns. Forget where it was, but there's a framed picture of him giving a thumbs up next to his huge 10 couric dump somewhere in the game

pay attention to the stuff you collect if you haven't been. some of it is pretty funny. got a boy sized leash from priest's drawer...

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Gnomes part was great. Holy shit at the abortion clinic. Game is all kinds of awesome, wish I had more time so i could finish it.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
zappy wrote: counter strike:global offensive is good, first CS game i've ever played, but i'm getting better/used to it.
Just bought this the other night. I used to be really great at CS but stopped playing when my clan broke up 6 years ago or whatever.
I'm fucking terrible now but the game is awesome.
o.O bunz used to scrim and shit!!!???!!!
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

Reason wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:
zappy wrote: counter strike:global offensive is good, first CS game i've ever played, but i'm getting better/used to it.
Just bought this the other night. I used to be really great at CS but stopped playing when my clan broke up 6 years ago or whatever.
I'm fucking terrible now but the game is awesome.
o.O bunz used to scrim and shit!!!???!!!
me playing cs go (i'm the 2nd voice):

:megaman:
Last edited by Reason on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nets 2022

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

lol ironically since we're on the subject of stick of truth, that was back when my avatar was of craig giving the finger

i'm waiting until there's a sale/discount b4 i go all in on stick of truth and beat it 50 times

i grew up on south park heavy
Nets 2022

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

The clan I was part of was mostly just for fun, the only competitions we had were against other clans we knew just for bragging rights.
We were pretty good though. Broke up after one of the founding fathers went to jail for a long time. I haven't really played CS:GO since I bought it.

Stick of Truth is fucking amazing though, absolutely hysterical the whole way through. The last "level" is on so hilariously fucked up.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

haha no doubt. had a hard time picturing you calling strats and shit
Nets 2022

Hush

Post by Hush »

Mario Kart 8
Pikmin 3 (got for free for registering MK8)
Stick of Truth
Forza 5

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Been playing catchup on a lot of stuff I should have played already:

The Last of Us - played it over a weekend, fucking awesome.
Bioshock 2 - Avoided this for a long time bc it got blasted on here, but this is still a lot of fun even though they lost all the atmosphere of the first game. Way too easy also.
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Really enjoying this even though the motion controls almost ruin it, they disrupt the flow of the game waaay too much. Still not much makes me more happy than a DKC mine cart level.
Max Payne 3 - About 1/3 of the way through this, holy shit is this game gorgeous. Might even look better than the Uncharted games.

None

Post by None »

Abyss Odyssey
Shovel Knight
Risk of Rain
Tomodachi Life
FTL: Faster Than Light
Persona 4 Arena

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

I thought Bioshock 2 was a big step up from the first game. If you thought it was too easy you should check out the Minerva's Den DLC.

Mario Kart 8 has been owning my life lately. I think it's the best game in the franchise. It'd be perfect if the battle mode didn't suck.

ric

Post by ric »

just got dragon age origins. shit is tight. i like that in conversations you really only get one shot at doing things. but its tough to tell whether the options will actually yield anything like 'would you like help with this activity' may not actually yield anything and another option actually yields a 'help me' response and its almost kind of unrealistically random because its like do real fucking people who want help turn it away when they are offered help straight out? you know what im saying?

ric

Post by ric »

Tommy Bunz wrote:The Last of Us - played it over a weekend, fucking awesome.
so much could be said about this game. ive played it through like 5 times including extreme difficulty which is really honestly the only way to play the game now that i have done it you know?

ps. they are making a sequel presumably for ps4

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Dead Space - Don't know why it took me so long to get to this, as I always intended to and I'm a fan of the genre. Loved the fuck out of this. Surprised at how great it looks considering how long ago it came out. Really enjoyed the space and zero-G environments. Heard the sequels are more action-oriented which makes me sad because what made this great was the atmosphere and story. Still going to check them out though.

Just started Enslaved: Odyssey to the West. Its pretty clunky but the world design is pretty fantastic so far and the story is cool. Actually reminds me of Beyond Good & Evil for some reason.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Just got done wrapping up Sacred 3, plan on hopping on D3: Ultimate Evil Edition sometime before the weekend is over.

There's still so much dopeness dropping for the past gen that I'm in no hurry to jump to the X1/PS4 phase.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

almost done Devil May Cry DMC for ps3. holy shit what a dope game. It flew under my radar on release but when it got given away for free on ps plus i snagged it. super fun god of war/dante's inferno type hack and slash. sick story with good acting to boot.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

^^^I don't know why I haven't played that yet. Huge fan of that series. Well the first one is one of my favorite games ever and the fourth one was dope as shit. 2 sucked and 3 made me break controllers in anger.

I just played all the way through Zelda Twilight Princess in a single week :lol: Shit was the reason I bought a Wii but then I shelved it about 20 hours in cause I hated the controls (still think it kinda controls like shit). But great game overall, glad I finally revisited it, even though it had a couple dungeons that pissed me the fuck off. Great ending too which surprised me, the Midna shit was awesome, swoon.
This immediately goes into the top end of my favorite boss lists. Soo much fun, wish I would've kept a save point there so I could replay it.

Now I just need to replay Skyward Sword, cause I bailed on that shit 20 hours in too.

None

Post by None »

Skyward Sword is better in many respects than Twilight Princess, mainly due to the controls not being as wonky (still kind of wonky, see motion gaming). The final boss can get a bit frustrating because of it.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah like I said, I played about halfway through Skyward previously. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to pick up where I left off or just restart the whole damn thing, since I haven't touched it in a few years now.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

finally finished "last of us", what a masterpiece of gaming

currently playing "child of light", a remarkably fun mini rpg with a great graphics style.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Finally finished Spec Ops: The Line a few weeks ago. I wasn't convinced at first but by the time I got to the end I realized it is really a great fucking game. Controls take quite a while to get used to and I died a lot more in this game than I normally do, but most of the time it was because I was getting careless or needed to devise a better strategy to get through each battle. Really great story line (although I thought the twist at the end was a bit hokey). With a bit more polish, this would have gone down as an all-time classic.

Tried to get started on the Mass Effect trilogy, played a few hours of the first one but mostly was bored as shit, just running around the main hub world running errands. Is this how the whole game is or does it just take a while to get going? Thinking maybe this series isn't for me.

Also picked up the Jak & Daxter HD collection. Replayed the first one already, pretty shocked how much the HD boost makes a 13-year old game look, really it still looks fantastic and plays just as well. Really one of the last great traditional 3D platformers. Started to play Jak II a bit but am probably going to skip it as its the worst of the series (and notoriously hard, nobody has time for that shit anymore). Plus I'm really excited to play Jak III again, as its one of the very best in the genre.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Still been busy with D3:UEE, and have also added the new Borderlands jump off to the mix.

Also Samurai Warriors 4 dropped 2 weeks ago and that game is amazing.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Slogging through Dead Rising 3. It's fun but i'm getting tired of all the side missions. Thinking I may just blaze through the main story stuff and call it a day.
Forza Horizon 2

Still need to finish South Park and The Wolf Among Us (S1) before I retire the 360 to the closet.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^do you have that super hyper turbo championship edition alpha add on for DR3?

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Haven't had a whole lot of time to game at home on my pc/360.

I'm still in the middle of the 3 dark souls II DLC's on the 360.

On PC i'm about halfway done southpark, a quarter done shadows of mordor, and just started the borderlands pre-sequel. All are top notch games. Although lots of people are butt hurt about borderlands being basically just borderlands 2 on the moon. I loved borderlands 2 so its fine by me.

Tommy, I just started the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3. I had the same trepidations as you. Once you get your ship and get off the citadel it gets waaaaay better. Took a while to get used to the combat as well but now i'm having a pretty good time with it. I'm not usually an RPG guy and i thought the combat was going to be like knights of the old republic. I'm glad its not turn based like that.