What Games Are You Playing Now?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Pronay

Re: What Games Are You Playing Now?

Post by Pronay »

still play a bit of starcraft 2, they've updated a lot of stuff, especially the a.i.:

None

Post by None »

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Fire Emblem: Awakenings.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

zappy wrote: counter strike:global offensive is good, first CS game i've ever played, but i'm getting better/used to it.
Just bought this the other night. I used to be really great at CS but stopped playing when my clan broke up 6 years ago or whatever.
I'm fucking terrible now but the game is awesome.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

iNFAMOUS 2.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

None wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakenings.
how is that one?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

wrapped up the third mass effect and thus the series. good, good shit. would play again. yet again may have rushed the final mission (didn't fuck with that galactic readiness nonsense at all). think i had the OG ending cause i didn't d/l the extended cut, don't quite get what ppls were complaining about, ending was solid enough. died more times at the very end when there was just three husks and one other dude and you had to shoot them in slo-mo than at any other point of that game. am actually considering playing again renegade style, but who knows if it'll actually happen.
moved by duck muscles

None

Post by None »

jredd109 wrote:
None wrote:Fire Emblem: Awakenings.
how is that one?
It is pretty amazing. Here is the review I wrote on it.
http://gamingillustrated.com/fire-emble ... ds-review/
(Sorry for shitty self-promotion, but that is way more depth than I can post quickly from my phone).

ric

Post by ric »

really would love to be playing sc 2 pt 2 but i seriously do not have the bare minimum specs to run that shit at all. fuck.

(edit; could somebody please tell me if sc2 pt 2 builds off your decisions in sc2 pt 1? thanks)

going back to ds. seriously. super robot wars. actually a gba game. shits are ridiculously deep and awesome. its a goddamn shame that theres like 50 games and only two of them have been released in the US

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

I haven't started the scenario for heart of swarm yet but I will if no one else does

new units-wise, protoss got two crazy ones. there were some changes with already existing units / gameplay as well, kinda going back to brood war (tanks come with seige, upgrade to make hydras faster, etc.). Also they nerfed Reapers :sad:, they're permanently fast & health regenerates, but their damage to buildings is shit

ric

Post by ric »

@pronay
i feel like blizzard is doing fan service to the people who play online. they think reapers are overpowered maybe. who knows? i dont play online or think reapers are overpowered but im just trying to enjoy myself. so in a sense it doesnt matter to me how the units perform. but in another sense as a casual gamer i felt the balance in the first one was fine. when you start doing damage per second calculations to try and shave time/resources it starts to get ridiculous so why cater to these people anyway? they are going to be ridiculous. i dont know whatever. as long as its still an enjoyable game im fine with tinkering. ps fuck the 'must be online' requirement as my internet is fucking horrible

ric

Post by ric »

@pronay
i feel like blizzard is doing fan service to the people who play online. they think reapers are overpowered maybe. who knows? i dont play online or think reapers are overpowered but im just trying to enjoy myself. so in a sense it doesnt matter to me how the units perform. but in another sense as a casual gamer i felt the balance in the first one was fine. when you start doing damage per second calculations to try and shave time/resources it starts to get ridiculous so why cater to these people anyway? they are going to be ridiculous. i dont know whatever. as long as its still an enjoyable game im fine with tinkering. ps fuck the 'must be online' requirement as my internet is fucking horrible and my computer doesnt even connect a lot of the time

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

thebigk wrote:iNFAMOUS 2.

just finished the "good" arc; thought the story was meh. You digging it?

drobizhek

Post by drobizhek »

Indie warning label.

Just finished Gunpoint and I have to say it was awesome. It's like a 2D arcade version of Hitman. The only thing that's bad about it is it was really short, but that's ok because it has a level editor built in so I might download user-made levels later. But first I might play through with developer commentary.

Reason
Kim Jong iLL

Post by Reason »

I don't often have long sessions cuz of chasing the kids but:

Team Fortress 2
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Super Hexagon
The Binding of Isaac
Rust

PC gaming all day, fuck consoles and the "sticks"

:-p
Nets 2022

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

ric wrote:@pronay
i feel like blizzard is doing fan service to the people who play online. they think reapers are overpowered maybe. who knows? i dont play online or think reapers are overpowered but im just trying to enjoy myself. so in a sense it doesnt matter to me how the units perform. but in another sense as a casual gamer i felt the balance in the first one was fine. when you start doing damage per second calculations to try and shave time/resources it starts to get ridiculous so why cater to these people anyway? they are going to be ridiculous. i dont know whatever. as long as its still an enjoyable game im fine with tinkering. ps fuck the 'must be online' requirement as my internet is fucking horrible and my computer doesnt even connect a lot of the time
online is the game though. you know how sometimes it can be fun to bounce a ball against a wall? you throw it and it comes back, you throw it etc. but tennis is a real sport, you're playing against a real opponent, with a real partner.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Post by 360 »

Been playing Xenogears all day. That game has aged like fine wine

Macdaddy_93

Post by Macdaddy_93 »

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

super late pass. Intro with the titans was :ohsh: though, just beat Hades, pretty sweet so far

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Image

super late pass. Intro with the titans was :ohsh: though, just beat Hades, pretty sweet so far

Yeah this is a pretty dope game, I coped GOW:Ascension but have yet to play. I've been pretty addicted to the Console version of Diablo 3.

None

Post by None »

Bravely Default
Strider
The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 2
Weapon Shop de Omasse

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Actually stopped playing GoW3 to play this

Tons of fun, really does feel like the third movie with the original cast involved, and it all progresses naturally through one continuous narrative.
They really nailed the feel of the weapons, they really feel exactly the way you'd think they would from watching the movies, fighing a ghost down into the trap with the stream is always a good time.
It kinda stumbles a bit at the end but overall very recommended; the sequence versus Staypuft Marshmallow man alone is worth the price of admission.
Excellent recommendation by Combo7.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Glad you liked it. One of the unsung great games of that generation.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

completely agree about the ghostbusters game. never understood why it wasn't more popular. it had me super nostalgic, i went out and bought a shit ton of sugary cereals when i played through it

been playing the new south park game lately. it's pretty great aside from the RPG style fighting which is not my thing at all. exploring the town and the fact that it feels like playing through an episode is awesome. Butter's dad friended me on the game's version of Facebook. He then posted on my wall: "I'm very sorry about Butters. Just in general."

ric

Post by ric »

ned ryerson HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i have never noticed your existence on here that is so fucking funny

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

ric wrote:ned ryerson HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i have never noticed your existence on here that is so fucking funny
mostly post in M2C and the soundlab. i lurk a fair amount though. not sure what you're laughing at here, my name or the content of the post but :cheers: either way sir

caught your AMA thread in the thread of the year poll. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
i actually read the list of movie rules to my wife before the last episode of true detective...

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I want to play The Stick of Truth so bad but I can't justify paying full price for a game anymore, especially when I have a stack of 5 games that I still need to finish

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Redbox?
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

ric

Post by ric »

@ned ryerson
the name the picture; so fucking funny/classic
cheers boss
:cheers:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Would cop the South Park RPG but it's censored in Europe, and I've never really gotten into the show.

Gave up on Mass Effect 3. Single-player just bored the shit out of me to the point I refused to complete it. Multi-player was surprisingly dope, but the wack as fuck RNG loot system quickly killed the game for me like it did for Kingdoms of Amalur, Borderlands 2 and Diablo 3. Get your shit together for Inquisition, Bioware!

Ned Ryerson

Post by Ned Ryerson »

i hate to agree with hayzoos but redbox is the shit for new video games. Played through a handful of new games last year all through redbox. didn't spend more than 20 bucks on any of em

Stick of Truth is great but if you're not into the show, it's probably not for you. it's basically like playing through a long episode and there are so many inside jokes that a lot of it might not even be that funny if you haven't watched the show. if you're a fan of the show though, you need to play it
ric wrote:@ned ryerson
the name the picture; so fucking funny/classic
cheers boss
:cheers:
:lol: obviously, it's from groundhog day but it's actually a nickname i've had since like 5th grade. kinda resemble the guy. still have friends that call me Ryerson fairly regularly