What Games Are You Playing Now?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Re: What Games Are You Playing Now?

Post by Sigma »

I've been playing Geometry Wars 3, although something doesn't feel quite right about it compared to 2. Playing the classic modes, I seem to die a lot because enemies spawn right on top of me, which was never really an issue with 2. It's a fun game, but sometimes it does feel a little cheap in the way you die.

None

Post by None »

Been all about that Dragon Age Inquisition.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Balzac wrote: Tommy, I just started the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3. I had the same trepidations as you. Once you get your ship and get off the citadel it gets waaaaay better. Took a while to get used to the combat as well but now i'm having a pretty good time with it. I'm not usually an RPG guy and i thought the combat was going to be like knights of the old republic. I'm glad its not turn based like that.
Thanks for this. I plan on digging back into this at some point but now it got pushed to the bottom of the pile.

Continuing my way through some underrated games from last gen:

Mirror's Edge - Really enjoyed this although I saddingly bought a used copy a couple weeks before EA decided to give it away for free. The story was dumb as shit but the first person platforming mechanics were a ton of fun. Really looking forward to the sequel.

Bulletstorm - Why isn't this game talked about way more? The characters are kinda douchey but the game mechanics are some of the most fun for a FPS that I've played. The leash mechanic never gets old and I love how the game constantly encourages and rewards you for finding new creative and fucked up ways of killing people. And there's enough big set pieces and changing enemies/environments that it never gets stale. Sad this didn't sell more as I'd love a sequel. Bought this used for $5 which is easily the best $5 I've spent in a long time.

Shadow of the Colossus HD - played it on PS2 multiple times, the HD remake makes a great game even better. Happy that the game world was just as stunning as I remembered and I forgot how wild that ending was. Crazy how the game tells you absolutely nothing story-wise until the very end and that it can still pack such a punch, really there's nothing else like it.

Now I'm playing through

which is pretty damn fun.

None

Post by None »

At some point I will get back to all of these.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

I finally gave that free to play blizzard card game Hearthstone a whirl.

fucking fun and plays well on my nexus 7

also binding of Isaac rebirth makes a dope game even doper

Hush

Post by Hush »

I've put my last-gen consoles to bed (actually packed up and stored in a closet) and only have the Wii U and Xbox One hooked up to a TV currently. Haven't touched either of those in a few weeks time though as I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Within and Hearthstone primarily (both on tablet).

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

None wrote:Image

At some point I will get back to all of these.
:cheers:

seeing that RE4 brought a tear to my eye. a true masterpiece. i should go through the campaign again this year, just for the nostalgia.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I just started playing Dying Light on PC. I'm only an hour or so into it, but it's good so far! It's a much more technically accomplished game than Dead Island too. It actually feels like a polished AAA title.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Far Cry 3 - Instantly one of my favorite games from last generation. A perfect blend of my favorite genres, its an airtight shooter with great adventure game aspects, tomb raiding and great vehicles. The island is huge and absolutely beautiful. Game blew my mind really, I played it nonstop for a week until I beat it.
Also, Citra is now my #1 digital bitch. Goddamn. So glad I chose the evil ending too, which I never do. Perfect game. Now I'm playing the Blood Dragon expansion game and loving the shit out it too. Finally caved and copped a PS4, looking forward to Far Cry 4 like crazy.

Beyond Good & Evil HD - Really happy that this game held up to my memories and the HD remake looks fantastic. One of the best stories of its generation. Super sad we haven't gotten the sequel yet.

Currently playing through DMC: Devil May Cry and Rayman Origins but hoping my PS4 comes soon so I can jump into Shadow of Mordor.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Far Cry 3 - Instantly one of my favorite games from last generation. A perfect blend of my favorite genres, its an airtight shooter with great adventure game aspects, tomb raiding and great vehicles. The island is huge and absolutely beautiful. Game blew my mind really, I played it nonstop for a week until I beat it.
Also, Citra is now my #1 digital bitch. Goddamn. So glad I chose the evil ending too, which I never do. Perfect game. Now I'm playing the Blood Dragon expansion game and loving the shit out it too. Finally caved and copped a PS4, looking forward to Far Cry 4 like crazy.

Beyond Good & Evil HD - Really happy that this game held up to my memories and the HD remake looks fantastic. One of the best stories of its generation. Super sad we haven't gotten the sequel yet.

Currently playing through DMC: Devil May Cry and Rayman Origins but hoping my PS4 comes soon so I can jump into Shadow of Mordor.
glad to hear that you liked FC3. I played through FC2 last year and enjoyed it immensely. I will have to check out FC3.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I bought the PS3 Far Cry compilation so I actually played a few hours of FC2 before bailing and starting 3. Far Cry 3 is waaay better. 2 feels like a PS2 game in comparison.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tommy Bunz wrote:I bought the PS3 Far Cry compilation so I actually played a few hours of FC2 before bailing and starting 3. Far Cry 3 is waaay better. 2 feels like a PS2 game in comparison.
Was it the graphics that mostly irked you? Or the gameplay mechanics / design?

It came out in 2008 so yeah, graphics are not all that great. But I enjoyed just driving around, clapping goons and starting fires. If you have ADHD and are a COD fanatic then I can't see you liking it. It is decidedly slower paced than your average FPS.

None

Post by None »

Lords of the Fallen, Dungeon of the Endless, and Ace Attorney: Justice for All.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

ChaMerZ wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:I bought the PS3 Far Cry compilation so I actually played a few hours of FC2 before bailing and starting 3. Far Cry 3 is waaay better. 2 feels like a PS2 game in comparison.

It came out in 2008 so yeah, graphics are not all that great. But I enjoyed just driving around, clapping goons and starting fires. If you have ADHD and are a COD fanatic then I can't see you liking it. It is decidedly slower paced than your average FPS.

The gameplay style is very similar between the two games. 3 just looks and plays way better. If you enjoyed the open world aspects of 2 then Far Cry 3 will blow your mind.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
ChaMerZ wrote:

The gameplay style is very similar between the two games. 3 just looks and plays way better. If you enjoyed the open world aspects of 2 then Far Cry 3 will blow your mind.
:cheers:

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The Pinball Arcade, as The Addams Family table has just been released for it.

I've also been playing Roundabout, which is a kind of odd indie game where you drive a limo that's constantly spinning round.

zappy

Post by zappy »

mostly just counter strike global offensive.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I've been enjoying MK:X on my X1. Also got DA: Inquisition, thinking about starting that this weekend.

None

Post by None »

Tired & Broke wrote:I've been enjoying MK:X on my X1. Also got DA: Inquisition, thinking about starting that this weekend.

I've been playing MK X too, it is fucking fantastic. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a phenomenal game, it will eat up your life though.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

None wrote:
Tired & Broke wrote:I've been enjoying MK:X on my X1. Also got DA: Inquisition, thinking about starting that this weekend.

I've been playing MK X too, it is fucking fantastic. Dragon Age: Inquisition is a phenomenal game, it will eat up your life though.
This what I pretty much figured. Which is cool cause it will kill time til Summer classes start.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Copped Dragon Age: Inquisition same day as my PS4.

No idea what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing.

None

Post by None »

Spartan wrote:Copped Dragon Age: Inquisition same day as my PS4.

No idea what the fuck I'm supposed to be doing.
Grind, political intrigue, kill dragons.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Gave Dragon Age: Inquisition a second chance. Definitely clicked for me better this time time around. Combat was the best thing I liked about it, in particular during the storming of castles, closing fade rifts and slaying dragons were the highlight. Everything outside of the main campaign felt like unsatisfying filler, though.

Loved:

• dragons. Loved how unique each one looked.
• Corypheus being a decent villain.
• the different zones, except for the deserts. Always disliked desert zones in video games (Spec-Ops being the exception).
• unlocking new abilities.
• Playable Qunari models.

Did not give a flying fuck about the following:

• that awful ball in the palace.
• the tiresome mages vs. templars fiasco.
• electing a new Divine. Wasn't even bothered my choice didn't even get the position by the end.
• Morrigan's I know something you don't bitch-ass.
• Blackwall's and Cole's misery guts conversations. Along with Dorian, they were my B-team.
• pursuing any of the available romance options.
• all the repeatable resources quests.
• so many terrible fetch quests and useless hidden items to find. Shards!!! Those bastard shards!
• the facebook game that was the War Room.
• ridable mounts being pretty useless.

Got a few dragons left to kill and after that, I'm trading it in. It's better than it's predecessor, but I didn't find any real repeat value. First Dragon Age is still the best.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Just finished Lara Croft Go.
Don't play many mobile games but thought it was really great. Just wish it was longer.
Surprisingly maintains the feel of the original Tomb Raider games.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Still playing Forza Horizon 2. Until Dawn and Super Mario Maker both arriving tomorrow.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Currently playing Mad Max.

Enjoying the hell out of it, despite it being very repetitive

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Mario Kart 8 online battles, GTAV online

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

currently playing splinter cell blacklist. events in the game seem strangely prescient given what's happened in france.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

beat splinter cell, now playing transistor

Pronay

Post by Pronay »

Super Mario RPG will arrive on the Wii U's virtual console in Europe on Dec. 24 for €7.99.
as soon as it drops in the US :cheers: