What Games Are You Playing Now?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Dwight Strawberry

What Games Are You Playing Now?

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I know we do these threads every once in a while...here is what I currently have on rotation:

* MLB The Show 2011 - Analong hitting and fielding suck, switch to the classic buttons here. I do like the analog pitching. SECA always does a fine job on this game year in and year out.

* Dead Space 2 - I'm almost done...I think. I'm on chapter 11 and about 6 to 7 hours deep so far. Awesome game. Loved the first one...love this one.

* Heavy Rain - This game is a PS3 Greatest Hits now. $29.99. Fucking love it. I am about 3 or 4 hours into it...Please, no spoilers!

* Need for Speed Shift - Gets some spins whenever I feel like playing a racer. This game has been in my rotation since it dropped about 18 months ago. Deep career mode...alot of races. I feel no need to own another rqacing game while I have this.

* Call of Duty Black Ops - Since I got Dead Space 2 and MLB I haven't played this. I'm about 1/2 way done with the campaign and I'm a 40 rank online. Always fun to play COD multiplayer.

* Mafia II - I got this for $5 when I got MLB the Show. Toys R Us had a nice deal. Anyway, I popped it in and played for about an hour. I can tell I will like this game. Once I beat Dead Space 2 I'll start playing this to completion.

* Homefront - I did not get this yet, but I plan on making this my next adventure game after Dead Space 2 and Mafia II. Shit is like Red Dawn 2. Reviews said the game isn't as polished as it could have been, but the story is awesome...but short. I'm hopping to pick this up used or through cheapassgamer.com at a nice discount.

P.S. - If anyone is playing Homefront now, and will want to trade it when they are done for Dead Space 2...let me know.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Just Cause 2 - Skipped this when it came out about a year ago, not sure why. Picked it up for $30 at GameStop because I had a gift card to burn. Loving this game right now for the sheer scope of the game world and the crazy stuff you can do with the grappling line and parachute.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit - My favorite racing game of this gen. Online races are so fun and I also bought all the DLC because I would like to see a follow up to this.

Mass Effect 2 - Recently finished this, one of the best games I've ever played. Going to play through a second time as soon as I run out of other things to play for a bit.

NBA 2K11 / Tecmo Bowl Throwback - My go to sports games for when playing with friends.

PAC MAN Champ Ed. DX - Good for playing in small bursts when I have a few minutes to kill or can't decide what else to play.

Hard Corps Uprising - Contra throwback, hard as hell!

Mod Nation Racers - Got this when it came out and finished the career mode, but lately I have been messing around with the track creator / downloading other people's tracks.

Deadly Premonition - The last game I finished. One of the most bizarre games I've ever played, but also really enjoyable.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Kameo: Elements of Power - I didn't get a 360 until a couple of years after this launched and I'd never played it until about a week ago. It's a little dated as it was one of the launch titles, but it's a good game.

Pinball FX2 - I'm so addicted to the Marvel tables.

TNT Racers - A downloadable game that's kinda like Micro Machines, although not as good. The single player is pretty boring, but playing 4 player online with friends is a good laugh.

Bulletstorm - I'm playing through the single player campaign at the moment. I'm really enjoying it, but unless the multiplayer is good (I've heard mixed reports), I think it's a better rental than a purchase. I got the Epic Edition, so I'll have access to the Gears 3 beta next month.

Beyond Good & Evil HD - Such a good game and it looks great remastered in HD.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Just finishing off the recent DLC pack, which is excellent IMO.

Homefront - I pre-ordered this, then cancelled the pre-order, but the company I ordered it from has now taken money out of account so it looks like I'm getting it anyway. I've played some of the single player campaign and I think it's weak, but I've heard mixed reports about the multiplayer so I'll give it a go and if it's no good I'll sell it on eBay.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Most recently ran through the first two God of War games. Loved the hell out of them and if the third one is now in greatest hits that'll be the next game that gets scooped up.
In the meantime, going to explore the Fallout 3 map some more after copping that broken steel add on.
Would love to find some how/some way to play Deadly Premonition (that is, a way that doesn't include buying a 360).
moved by duck muscles

Hush

Post by Hush »

LilLeftBrain wrote:Would love to find some how/some way to play Deadly Premonition (that is, a way that doesn't include buying a 360).
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp- ... -3p0x.html

No region protection, but it is currently on backorder.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Finished the latest Fable 3 DLC, surprisingly good after the hot garbage of Understone.

Currently playing Dragon Age 2.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Hush wrote:
LilLeftBrain wrote:Would love to find some how/some way to play Deadly Premonition (that is, a way that doesn't include buying a 360).
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp- ... -3p0x.html

No region protection, but it is currently on backorder.
Good lookin' out. Will keep my eyes on that.
moved by duck muscles

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Mass Effect 2 - recently beat the first one for the first time, amazing game, started this yesterday, can already tell it's gonna be even better

Red Dead Redemption - playing this really slowly for some reason, the ending got spoiled for me also so that kind of sucked

Fable 2 - started playing this way back when it came out, never finished it, forgot i owned it, found it in a box a couple weeks ago and popped 'er in

Batman: Arkham Asylum - new roommate has this and i heard great things about it so i started playing it, really good so far

eris

Post by eris »

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3): LOVE THIS GAME. I understand there is almost nothing but hate for this game, but I love it. I'm 70+ hours in and not even close to bored or run down.

NBA Jam (360): Excellent, fun game.

NHL 11 (PS3 & 360): I mostly play this at a friends house with a few others.

Assassins Creed I (PS3): Finally putting this game back into the system to finish it up before I move on to II and Brotherhood. I'm a completionist; I know the first one is horribly repetitive.

Dead Space 1 (PS3): Need to start this up so I can get to number 2.

Demon's Souls (PS3): Intense fucking game. Love it.

Goldeneye (Wii): Pretty far into the story and I'm really enjoying myself.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GC): Was close to finishing this years ago when it was new, but an ex took the game in a break up along with the memory card. It has taken a long time to have the motivation to return, but I have.

And the immediate list could keep on going. I'm about to start up Half-Life 1 and Amnesia on PC; I've never been much of a PC gamer. When Portal 2 is released all other games will be on the back-burner.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

eris wrote:Assassins Creed I (PS3): Finally putting this game back into the system to finish it up before I move on to II and Brotherhood. I'm a completionist; I know the first one is horribly repetitive.
Played this awhile back, since I also felt the need to start at the beginning, and wanted to get into 2 and Brotherhood. Gave up after completing the third assassination. Shit is far, far, far too repetitive to go any further than that (generally I could give a shit about trophies, but this game drove me to at least wanting some trophies to collect for doing the same shit over and over. why would you help more than two civilians when there is absolutely no need to do so). Would still like to get into the following two games though.
moved by duck muscles

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I have PS3 so I never played Mass Effect 1. I have heard nothing but great shit about this game and part 2.

If I start on part 2 will I be totally lost on the story since I never played part 1?

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:I have PS3 so I never played Mass Effect 1. I have heard nothing but great shit about this game and part 2.

If I start on part 2 will I be totally lost on the story since I never played part 1?
In the PS3 version you can download a free comic and as you read through it you get to make a few choices. It brings you up to speed on the story and I think some of the choices you make impact what happens in ME2. It's only a few minutes long, while ME1 was x amount of hours, but it's better than nothing if you can't play the games on 360 or PC where your save carries over from ME1 to ME2 and affects the game.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Great under the radar Action RPG, exclusive to the PS3.

Post by 360 »

Just finished Dragon Age. Not sure what I will dive into next.

Of course, I'm always playing ssf4 and mvc.

I think I may revisit Dead Rising 2 and get case west. Who knows. This time of year tends to be relatively stagnant for the vg industry.

jredd109

Post by jredd109 »

FF13 - i also think this is a pretty solid game. not the best FF by any means, it has it's weak points but solid.

MW2 - black ops gets the gas face

bayonetta - ok action game. her clothes come off...

Req

Post by Req »

Red Dead Redemption Undead - was playing it solid 2 days till it got ridiculously repetitive, its cool tho

Fight Night Champion - on legacy mode, good learning curve to this game and it usually cuts off shortcuts, although jab+jab+uppercut+hard straight seems pretty reliable.

NBA 2K11 - still pick it up every now and then for a quick game, but find it very time consuming in career mode.

GTA 4 - only about 3hrs into it, it got dropped when i started playing Red Dead, ill go back to it tho when im finished Undead.
F.U. MOOLAH

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

NHL 11 - Addicted. Can't quit playing. It's seriously fucking with my progress in other games.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Gotta get my game up. Little brother's beating me 60% of the time, so I'm getting my practice in.

BioShock - :lastweek: , and I've pretty well been completely stopped by MvC and NHL. I'm only a few hours deep.

Super Scribblenauts - Love the concept and the game, but lacks any kind of incentive that brings you back to it.

Tetris Friends - The much maligned "Casual" games category here. I spent about 2 weeks obsessing on how to get my Tetris Sprint time down to 1:39 to top my friends list. Fortunately, none of my friends are the crazy championship-caliber Tetris players, so my time should stand (rather than being defeated by 45 seconds).

VideoKilledThe

Post by VideoKilledThe »

Fifa 10 - Cause the Manager Mode is way > than 11.

Madden 11 - The game is full of different exploits, but still fun if you take the time to know what you're doing.

Black Ops - Only Zombies, mostly Kino, rock the item glitch and the dog glitch.

MW2 - Game will always be fun, and by game I mean multiplayer.

Civ Meier's Revolution - Nerdy RTS, but always different, and a bunch of different Nations/Leaders to pick from which of course lead to different approaches to the game.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Dragon's Lair - Downloaded from PS3 network

Space Ace - Downloaded from PS3 network

Red Dead Redemption (online only) - trying to prestige my level to the max. taking forever.

Heavy Rain - Love the shit out of this game. Wife likes watching.

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

i think the last new system i had was a dreamcast. i had a ps2 long after it came out and it was nearing the end of its life. the other week i caved in and bought a ps3. my list (in all of its :lastweek: glory):

NBA 2k11 - really love this game, but christ i fucking suck. i can't win a ranked game to save my life.

GTA 4 - no explanation needed. never played it and obviously needed to catch-up.

Fallout 3 - wow i really love this game. played it for a few days non-stop before i went and traded it in for the GOTY edition because i knew as soon as i was finished i was going to go cop it anyway.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - :lastweek: x 1,000,000,000. really don't know what i could say about it that hasn't already been said, but i love this shit too. the cutscenes aren't nearly as bad as i thought they would be too, so that was a pleasant surprise.

i've also been rocking the worms armageddon demo because i used to play that shit like ten years ago. a real fun game to smoke numerous bowls and play multiplayer with the roommates, tons of shit talking.

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

I'm pretty much waiting for some new PS3 games to come out I am excited about, meanwhile I'm still playing

Red Dead Redemption - online games and expanded pack online games

Shaun White snowboarding - only entertaining for brief periods at a time, but gets me motivated to go up to the mountains week after week

I want to borrow my friends copy of UNCHARTED 2 and play it since I recently beat Uncharted 1.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Simple suggestion for the mods, this thread should be stickied like the "What Are You Reading/What Movie have You Seen" threads in CYE. Gamers are always going thru games at a steady pace, and this could serve as a place to discuss miscellaneous stuff without making unnecessary threads every time.

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

The misses got me a PS3 for Christmas with the God of War bundle. Then I got myself NBA 2K11. Haven't played any of the God of Wars yet. Can't stop playing 2K11's My Player mode. I have an addiction that I want to fix, but I can't stop thinking about vicariously living my boyhood dream and averaging 60 points a game to bring a scrub team to the Finals.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Tired & Broke wrote:Simple suggestion for the mods, this thread should be stickied like the "What Are You Reading/What Movie have You Seen" threads in CYE. Gamers are always going thru games at a steady pace, and this could serve as a place to discuss miscellaneous stuff without making unnecessary threads every time.
Fair enough. Going to edit the title a bit too (spelling mistakes and shit).

I've not really played shit in the past year, My PS3 got the blinking light of death last summer, I waited a few months to get it fixed and then a couple months after that it stopped spinning the discs. FML. Too unmotivated to spend money for another repair. Worst ER mod ever :lol:

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Halo: Reach
MvC3

about to beat Halo reach and move on to Killzone 3 or Crysis 2

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Homefront - I finished the single player last night. It's pretty poor and only about 6 hours long. The multiplayer is also fucked as it takes ages to get into a game and keeps throwing up "beacon" errors. It's definitely one to avoid IMO.

Crysis 2 - I've only played for an hour, but it's like a breath of fresh air after playing Homefront. The graphics are great - some of the best I've ever seen on a console - although the framerate is a bit borderline at times. The gameplay is so much better than in Homefront though and you have more freedom and tools at your disposal to approach situations in different ways. I've also heard that it's a good 12+ hours long, and the multiplayer works fine.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

spent a couple hours playing Image start to end today. had to be done. an utterly worthless stupid stupid game.
only redeeming part:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZi5Mxr3Vi8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZi5Mxr3Vi8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>
moved by duck muscles

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

LilLeftBrain wrote:spent a couple hours playing Image start to end today. had to be done. an utterly worthless stupid stupid game.
only redeeming part:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZi5Mxr3Vi8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jZi5Mxr3Vi8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

:rofl: that was really good

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Xbox 360: Dynasty Warriors 7 - I'm a sucker for this franchise. Plenty of hack-n-slash action, largest playable roster ever. This pretty much consumes all my free time plus massive DLC should be dropping soon (early May), so I know ima be on this for another month or so.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 - game is on the back burner thanks to DW7 but ill prolly get back on it once the rumored DLC is confirmed/released.

NBA2K11 - Ima get my Created Player to at least a rating of 80 one of these days dammit!

Moon Diver - This drops this Wednesday (5/4/11), so Ima prolly shift my attention to this for a little while.

PS3: Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - Pretty fun Diablo clone, basic execution but kinda empty at times due to PSN's horrible online service. With PSN down with that whole security catastrophe I play this sparingly. Once PSN is back up and secured, ill be up for some online play for whenever, with whoever has this game.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

trying to finish COD4:2, single player sucks, i have no idea what the fuck is going on