What Games Are You Playing Now?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Generation 37 RIP. Got the confirmed kill. Feels good, man.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Spartan wrote:Dragon's Dogma.

Very far from perfect but finding it very addictive. The fights are insanely chaotic and great and the pawn system is pretty fucking awesome.
Rented this weekend (free rental at Family Video FTW). Seems pretty dope so far, I just killed the first cyclops outside of the first camp/barracks that you travel to. For some reason I can see myself enjoying this style of game/gameplay a lot more than Fallout/Skyrim, both of which I just couldn't get into.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

^^ That 3rd person perspective!!

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hush wrote:
Spartan wrote:Dragon's Dogma.

Very far from perfect but finding it very addictive. The fights are insanely chaotic and great and the pawn system is pretty fucking awesome.
Rented this weekend (free rental at Family Video FTW). Seems pretty dope so far, I just killed the first cyclops outside of the first camp/barracks that you travel to. For some reason I can see myself enjoying this style of game/gameplay a lot more than Fallout/Skyrim, both of which I just couldn't get into.
Don't know how long you're renting the game for, but the game isn't over once you have completed the main quest line.

This epic fucker is waiting:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/8tfUT ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/8tfUT ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Online he's a beast (nh).

Hush

Post by Hush »

Tired & Broke wrote:^^ That 3rd person perspective!!
:cheers: I'm feel like I'm in the minority here, but I've always preferred 3rd person games to 1st.

And :ohsh: at Spartan's post.

Also, I wasn't planning on finishing the game during the rental. I wanted to try it out and if it hooked me, I would pick it up at some point. The fact that it was a free rental made it pretty much risk free.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I've been playing Triple Town and Pinball Arcade on my phone. Both addictive as fuck, although the tables for Pinball Arcade are a bit pricey.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Finally finished Skyrim, if there is such a thing. To be fair, I haven't done the total Companions questline yet, as well as some side quests, but I feel like I'm done with this game for now.

After Skyrim, I finished Assassins Creed: Brotherhood. Had this one open for a long time now. Short and sweet game, but ultimately, I enjoyed 2 a lot more than Brotherhood.

Up next is Assassins Creed: Revelations. Haven't really read into this game at all, so I have no idea what to expect. Assassins Creed games usually occupy me for a short period of time, but I find no reason to go back to them and replay them.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Yohan wrote:Up next is Assassins Creed: Revelations. Haven't really read into this game at all, so I have no idea what to expect. Assassins Creed games usually occupy me for a short period of time, but I find no reason to go back to them and replay them.
My brothers are really into the series, but I don't know if I can bring myself to play 'em. They have the entire series, so I'd definitely be trying to start from the beginning... but it just seems overwhelming.

I'm still hanging in there with Saints Row 2. More inclined to play it out after learning Saints Row and Red Faction occur within the same universe. (Sidebar: Red Faction Guerrilla was so fucking good.)

I did a single playthrough of Virtua Fighter 5 last night, and don't expect to be revisiting it too much. Seems like being good at it takes a bit more of an investment than I'm willing to give it.

None

Post by None »

Max Payne 3. God damn Max, why are you so depressing? I mean, you got such a sweet shirt on and a beard/no hair combo, it ain't that bad!

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

BigCat8 wrote:I did a single playthrough of Virtua Fighter 5 last night, and don't expect to be revisiting it too much. Seems like being good at it takes a bit more of an investment than I'm willing to give it.
Homey this is the case with pretty much every fighting game.

Anyway I'm bout to nosedive into this joint right here. I love the Warriors franchise and this is as good as it gets. Over 130 playable character, good ol hack and slash chaos for that ass.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Tired & Broke wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:I did a single playthrough of Virtua Fighter 5 last night, and don't expect to be revisiting it too much. Seems like being good at it takes a bit more of an investment than I'm willing to give it.
Homey this is the case with pretty much every fighting game.
Obviously, but usually I can jump in and get a grasp of a fighting game fairly quickly. I usually don't stay in the button mashing stage too long. I'm just looking to be garden variety beat-the-CPU-on-normal-difficulty good, not tournament good... and that seems like it could take a bit.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I'm playing Saints Row: The Third on PC. It's the most fun game I've played in ages.

LilLeftBrain

Re: What Games Are You Playing Now?

Post by LilLeftBrain »

finished the first mass effect. good fun, pert easy. accidentally sacrificed my main girl rather than some do nothing fuck, which was shitty. on to the second one!
moved by duck muscles

None

Post by None »

Finished Persona 4 Golden a week ago. Now I am playing Anarchy Reigns and Zombi U.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I finished Torchlight II last week (which was great) and now I'm playing through Sleeping Dogs on the PC. I bought it when it came out and I played the first 1-2 hours and liked it, but then I got side-tracked, so I've started from the beginning and I'm about 4 hours in now.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Torchlight 2

amazing game

wheels

Post by wheels »

Also playing Torchlight 2, it's a great game and you can pick it up for 15 minutes and get your fix of killing stuff.

Still playing League of Legends pretty steadily, still not any good at it.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

All the craziness and insane mayhem you could want in a game. For a $30 price tag this is a steal right here.

thebigk

Post by thebigk »

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas atm (no, unfortunately, I've never completed the game). Up next will probably be Red Dead Redemption.

None

Post by None »

Tired & Broke wrote:Image

All the craziness and insane mayhem you could want in a game. For a $30 price tag this is a steal right here.
Finished this before I went on vacation. I loved it and Platinum Games may be the best studio at the moment. It is highly recommended at 30 bucks. Plus it has multiplayer if you are a fan of that.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Vasara 1 & 2 .....bullet Hell goodness.

LameAim

Post by LameAim »

Started the newest Borderlands 2 DLC the other day.

Kinda working on the first Devil May Cry in the HD collection... have mixed feelings about it so far. Never played the series before and starting to think it did not age well.

Plus we hammer buttons on UMVC3 couple times a week, though rarely online because the netcode is several steps below ass.

Req

Post by Req »

finally got around to LA Noire
Football Manager '13
Star Wars TOR
F.U. MOOLAH

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

LameAim wrote: Kinda working on the first Devil May Cry in the HD collection... have mixed feelings about it so far. Never played the series before and starting to think it did not age well.
This makes me sad. One of my favorite games of all time. Skip 2 because its sucks and is painfully easy. Skip 3 unless you want to have a conniption (i hulksmashed two PS2 controllers playing that game). 4 is pretty balanced like the first one and worth your time.

Sticky-ing this.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Path of Exile

Basically a Diablo clone, but it's free to play and I think it's a lot better than D3 or Torchlight 2. It's in open beta now, worth a look

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

finished the second mass effect. got hooked into it something hard, damn fine game and a marked improvement on the first one. lost like half my crew on the final mission cause i hadn't been beefing up my ship cause i didn't see any reason to waste me minerals on ship construction. oh well, onto the third!
moved by duck muscles

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Finally got around to DUST: An Elysian Tail from Summer of Arcade '12. Pretty dope Arcade title with great presentation, Fun combat, great challenges and engaging story.

None

Post by None »

I finisher Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch yesterday. It is brilliant, beautifully done and one of the finest JRPGs in a while. I played the first mission of DmC and it is fun but the story seems like utter garbage.

zappy

Post by zappy »

playing through morrowind for the first time, i'm tired of running places.

counter strike:global offensive is good, first CS game i've ever played, but i'm getting better/used to it.

been playing some battlefield bad company 2 lately, reminds me of the good old days playing battlefield 2 with noah and useff

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Crysis 3 single player. I really like it. The range of weapons and powers that the suit give you make it a cut above most single player FPS campaigns. The driving is horrible though, but thankfully there's not a lot of it.