creating a bootable OSX CD on windows

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Huldrich Bullsh!t

creating a bootable OSX CD on windows

Post by Huldrich Bullsh!t »

i downloaded an OSX torrent containing 4 cds and burned them but obviously they werent bootable. is there a special trick to create bootable OSX cds?
i have this powerbook G4 but dont have the system key so i need to boot from CD / BIOS
other question is what is the keyboard combination to enter BIOS in MAC?

all help is appreciated thanks in advance

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

everything i've read/heard for booting osx on a PC involves booting it from a flash drive...as far as booting from cd, your google guess is as good as mine...

Huldrich Bullsh!t

no i want to boot it on a mac G4 powerbook
i want to create the bootable Cd and since i dont have an apple i have to do it on windows...

siLLy KiD

Post by siLLy KiD »

oooooooooooooohhhhhhh.....gotcha. well i mean the only way to make a bootable cd is using an iso burner, right...? whats the deal with your G4? it doesn't even boot up or what?

Huldrich Bullsh!t

the cd is not bootable.
i could install the osx that i have from the running mac but cant boot from the cd...
in windows you can boot from every windows cd if the computer is compatible.
on mac there seems to be a trick needed...

torchETB

Post by torchETB »

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the disc isn't bootable, because you seem to indicate that your only barrier is telling the laptop to boot from it. I have a suggestion.

I don't know if there is a BIOS mode per se, but on the PPC models there's single user mode, open firmware mode, and some others that probably aren't what you're looking for. If all you wanna do is boot into the disc and not the hard drive, you might not have to get into command line at all.

Power on while holding the Option key. It will give you a simple graphic menu showing you the different boot volumes available: your HD, an external like a USB, and/or a disc if it is in fact a boot disc. At the very least it will show you your HD.

It's been a while since I had to do this, but googling "startup keys powerbook" is your friend and probably even gets you to the Apple website. Though IIRC there are only very slightly different keys for booting PPC versus Intel shits.
Galvatron78 wrote:I'm that nigga that dont even eat long french fries so that gay shit is out of the question.