Truth.

GTA V

Post by Truth. »

Trailer Nov 2nd

www.rockstargames.com

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

sweet.

wonder if it'll be a current gen release though?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Nice. IV was sooo damn good.

Have they made any announcement regarding the setting? Like what time period and city?

an-also

Post by an-also »

:bow:

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Nice. IV was sooo damn good.

Have they made any announcement regarding the setting? Like what time period and city?
Naw don't think people even knew a trailer was coming

Will find out in 8 days

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Word. I wonder if they'll keep it modern or do a setting in the past.
Would be cool to see them tackle 70's San Fran a la Driver.
Or do a city in another country like London or Rio.
Or maybe get really ambitious and do some sci-fi futureworld shit.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I love these games but can never seem to get through them after a few weeks of playing.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Ya I still haven't beat 4

Really hoping they do something awesome with online in this one

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I think the key with these sandbox genre games is to not fuck around too much and try to stay focused on the missions right from the get-go, and only intermittently goof off and explore.
The earlier games in the series I would spend so much time doing nothing that I'd get burnt out before I was finished with the story.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Philaflava wrote:I love these games but can never seem to get through them after a few weeks of playing.
+1

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfBbuMQ_AA8?ve ... ge"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JfBbuMQ_AA8?ve ... detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

an-also

Post by an-also »

Looks like it could be old time Chicago by looking at their new "v" logo. Has that feel to it. Or some sort of old biker gang, but they already did that spin off.

AXEWOUNDFISTER
OG FISTOLA

Post by AXEWOUNDFISTER »

im guessin its a spin off of san andreas cuz the main dude is black :omgracist: a buddy of mine got choosen to dude the main voice earlier this year i thought he was bullshitin but i guess not...

he's also friends with young maylee who did the voice of the main dude of san andreas..

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

maylay is my dude.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

i dont do the missions, just go on cop killing sprees

suggestions for new version: more ways to kill cops n change the star icons to little pig faces
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Wasn't really feeling the last installment, hopefully this one will be better.

Guessing it will be the same engine as L.A. Noir?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

The worst thing this game did was take out the ability to fly like in San Andreas, I couldn't believe it when I started playing IV. Also I thought the driving engine in IV sucked too.

Bigger maps but also faster ways to move throughout the locations.

What about implementing a 1st-person view as an option along with the standard 3rd-person?
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

nice, looking forward to the trailer - excited to see what the storyline is.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

stupidregister wrote:The worst thing this game did was take out the ability to fly like in San Andreas, I couldn't believe it when I started playing IV. Also I thought the driving engine in IV sucked too.

What about implementing a 1st-person view as an option along with the standard 3rd-person?
Um, you could fly in IV.
And the driving engine was fine, sounds like you didn't play it very much.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

an-also wrote:Looks like it could be old time Chicago by looking at their new "v" logo. Has that feel to it.
Looks like the V from a FIVE dollar bill, no? If so... US currency = Washington DC?

stupidregister

Post by stupidregister »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
stupidregister wrote:The worst thing this game did was take out the ability to fly like in San Andreas, I couldn't believe it when I started playing IV. Also I thought the driving engine in IV sucked too.

Um, you could fly in IV.
It wasn't like it was in SA where you could get ahold of planes and fly wherever you wanted. I played it enough, I thought the driving was slow and too difficult to maneuver. Don't get all butthurt.
Quality stitched MLB, NBA, NFL, and soccer jerseys: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FanJerseyz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

stupidregister wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:

Um, you could fly in IV.
It wasn't like it was in SA where you could get ahold of planes and fly wherever you wanted. I played it enough, I thought the driving was slow and too difficult to maneuver. Don't get all butthurt.
Didn't mean that to sound as :smugkid: as it did.
To me, the lack of a huge amount of flying options didn't matter as much in IV because the game world wasn't near as large as San Andreas.
In Red Dead, they had the stagecoaches to basically warp from town to town, I'm sure V will have a similar option if its world is a similar size or larger.
And imo the driving in IV was great once you got used to it, I never felt out of control and could manuever precisely and the vehicles were just as fast as they were in every other installment of the series.
Different strokes and shit i guess.

Req

Post by Req »

loved 4 but def preferred San Andreas, easily my fav of the series

might be cool if 5 is another era, like 30s gangland Chicago or something, but that sounds more spin-off than a new volume. Unless all episodes of GTA5 are era-orientated which would rule.
F.U. MOOLAH

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Thats one of the rumors right now that it will span different characters through different eras

Req

Post by Req »

Truth. wrote:Thats one of the rumors right now that it will span different characters through different eras
speaking of rumors, heres an IGN piece:

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1210688p1.html
F.U. MOOLAH

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

http://www.joystiq.com/page/2/
Citing anonymous sources "familiar with the game," Kotaku reports that Grand Theft Auto V will take place in a Rockstarified version of Los Angeles, one of the cities mocked up in an earlier installment in the franchise, San Andreas. We suppose the locale makes sense -- wouldn't adapting it be as easy as taking all their assets from L.A. Noire, then applying 75 years of wear, tear and technological progress to the structures therein?

The source also claims that more than one character will be playable during Five's campaign, which similarly makes sense, considering the extra protagonists which appeared in Grand Theft Auto IV's expansions. We've contacted Rockstar, and are encasing ourselves in suspended animation for the next week or so, shortening the amount of time between us and the game's debut trailer on November 2.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Really hope it's a massive next gen San Andreas

Mind was blown when I first fired that game up

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Though I loved SA and it was definitely next level. Vice City is still my favorite of the series.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Vice City easily had the most enjoyable story of the bunch and had a great setting

I'd prolly go GTA3 (just cause it was a game changer) > Vice City > San Andreas > GTAIV

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Tommy Bunz wrote:the driving in IV was great once you got used to it, I never felt out of control and could manuever precisely and the vehicles were just as fast as they were in every other installment of the series.
agree w/ this. initially i couldn't drive in IV for shit, which is the main reason i ended up shelving it for a few years. Came back and played it through a few months ago and 1/4 of the way through the game i had the driving figured out and could whip around from one end of the town to the other w/o touching a thing.
Vice City is def the fav of the series.
don't want what i'm imagining from that combo post to be true
moved by duck muscles