GTA V

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

catfish hunter
slime green

Re: GTA V

Post by catfish hunter »

doesn't hurt to help out when alerted to someone being mugged. I chased down a bicycle ganker and returned the dough to a businessman who gave me a helluva stock tip. Also helps to armor and trick out the cars that your character actually owns (ie: Franklins Charger & the green motorcycle). The reason for this is that these cars will always reappear at your safe houses fully tricked out for the entirety of the game and are helpful for missions and races.

Apparently the rarest car in the game is the Chevy SS Impala. I want that car but I've only come across it once.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

when this jam come on tho.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

When you get stock tips do you just buy stocks and immediately sell them after assassination happens? Or you hold onto them and stock keeps going up?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

Ramen wrote:when this jam come on tho.

moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

always makes me think of the oc, perhaps saddingly

good idear on beefing up the rides that stay with ya throughout. never really customize or mess with rides in these games cause i don't give all that much of a shit about them and just grab whatevers around or preferably grab a 4wheeler or golf cart if i'm not going all that far. but yeah i'll sweeten up those rides now
moved by duck muscles

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

The level of detail in this game is insane.

There's a lot of LOL's to be had in reading facebook profiles etc.

Ned Ryerson
Location: with my helmet on you can't tell me i'm not in space.

Post by Ned Ryerson »

naturalborn103 wrote:When you get stock tips do you just buy stocks and immediately sell them after assassination happens? Or you hold onto them and stock keeps going up?
almost sold some stock in a company right after an assassination and would have made about 80 grand. decided to wait and see if it went up. sold it the next night and only made around 15k :fail:

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Ya same happened to me. It was around 120k and I waited too long, ended up only making 40k :fail:
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

i think most stocks top out around 80%.

How to make more on the 3rd lester assassination.
So after selling off what you invested in Debonaire. Buy shares in Redwood(it will be at a all time low), after a few days of in game time it went back up 299%.

Kind of obvious but hold off on the assassinations while your money is tied up in Redwood.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Positive A wrote:

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Where is the mountain cult? Can't find on map.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Been trying to steal a fighter jet all morning.

:icedit: feels good man

Last edited by Ramen on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

taking some drunk dudes to that mt cult right now, it's a bit south of the western most cable car icon. just scoop up some peoples when you're trev and it'll lead you there
<--stock trading alpha
moved by duck muscles

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

LilLeftBrain wrote:taking some drunk dudes to that mt cult right now, it's a bit south of the western most cable car icon. just scoop up some peoples when you're trev and it'll lead you there
<--stock trading alpha
wat?

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

They must know im the dude who took the jet. Went back for the attack chopper and can't even get in it without a tank blowing me up.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

I don't see the confusion there
when your Trevor some of the blue blips are people in need of a ride. pick them up, take them to the cult if that is your wish
moved by duck muscles

Post by 360 »

Just ran into Packie mcReary from gta 4. I helped him escape from a stick-up and now he is available for heists.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Ya I got him as soon as I started the game pretty much. He's a beast on heists.

I took a couple to the cult up north a while ago too and snuck in after I dropped them off. The camp is fucking crazy with guards everywhere and shit. Managed to kill a few of them before I was spotted and killed. Takes for fucking ever to get up there though and you only get $2,000 for it.

Does anyone know if you can trade stocks through the ifruit app?

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh i didn't know you could make your way inside. i made a half assed attempt to the first time i dropped peoples off but just assumed it was going to be off limits. guess i'll be heading back there soon

i haven't played with it at all outside of teaching chop some tricks, but doesn't seem like you can do any stock trading on the ifruit. chop & something for the custom car joints is all i see
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

oh hey went back to
Aliens!!!
with Trevor and there's another one of those for him

also got mauled while hunting. spooked me a bit
moved by duck muscles

Post by 360 »

Was being chased, on foot, by a cop through the wilderness and as i turned around to shoot him a mountain lion mauled him. Elicited an audible "Oh shit"

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

LilLeftBrain wrote:oh i didn't know you could make your way inside. i made a half assed attempt to the first time i dropped peoples off but just assumed it was going to be off limits. guess i'll be heading back there soon

i haven't played with it at all outside of teaching chop some tricks, but doesn't seem like you can do any stock trading on the ifruit. chop & something for the custom car joints is all i see
I climbed the mountain and hopped the fence

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

So not sure if you guys heard but everybody making buku off of the pisswasser stock.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

pretty much an edited fan video, but awesome.

welll, even after watching the entire game movies on youtube of all the missions, i decided to
buy a ps3 and this game last week. shit is crazy. haven't touched a controller in a decade or so, so many buttons
and some learning curve in all of this. i still can't land a helicopter in flight school fast enough.

I managed to store two stolen cop cars in Trevor's garage, chill with the homeless, take a stripper home on Franklin's stock bike, drive Wade in this motor cart from Blaine County to Los Santos, find some juggalos on the beach (they hate when you take their pictures),hijack the city bus and take it to Blaine County, get Franklin to do a backflip into a swimming pool off a rooftop, and what was probably my most elaborate trick involved Michael and Amanda in a hot pursuit which ended in him stealing a jet and crashing it into Vespucci Beach with her in it (she can swim!) before deciding to take her home.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

moved by duck muscles

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

360 wrote:Was being chased, on foot, by a cop through the wilderness and as i turned around to shoot him a mountain lion mauled him. Elicited an audible "Oh shit"
i got a haircut in Blaine County and decided to shoot the hairstylist after I left, and then I went and shot the cash register, but started getting attacked. I started panning the camera to find where it was coming from, but didn't see anybody. I died. Once I fell to the ground, I saw there was a dog gnawing on me.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

LilLeftBrain wrote:oh hey went back to
Aliens!!!
with Trevor and there's another one of those for him

also got mauled while hunting. spooked me a bit
Same for Franklin. I can't seem to win it with Michael, it sucks.

Somehow I crashed into some random guy, and I knocked him out only to find that he had a passenger, but he was dead. I took the car to the body shop and the dead passenger was still in the car. Even when I stored the car in my garage. Saving and reloading the game made him disappear, though.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i was figuring there would be, curious to find out what it is for him
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Anyone run into one of the other characters randomly? Was out in the desert with franklin looking for rides to customize. I heard some explosions, I went to investigate and found Trevor drinking wiskey and tossing grenades.