GTA V

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Re: GTA V

Post by 360 »

Just copped the 391K penthouse. The views of the city are gorgeous.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

How you get stacks like that?

unbelievable dickhead

Post by unbelievable dickhead »

can you make money without the stock game cuz that just seems tedious, i don't even wanna open it up

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

money seems pretty inconsequential unless you like beefing up guns & rides and buying every property around. quick save alleviates the need for the lattermost, which is really the only thing i ever spent money on in these games anyways
in gta4 esp i remember having to drive eight minutes just to save my game, which was annoying as all shit
still i'm saving the assassination missions to bank up later just cause i was told to do so
got up to the cigarette one before i heard that, still banked up decently well there
thats a contradictory ass post that didn't even manage to touch upon the question asked
moved by duck muscles

Post by 360 »

I farmed the "Violent Duct" mission for a couple hours.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

normal difficulty, multiple players?

i tried "meth'd up" in solo seission and kept getting destroyed by crazed rednecks before i could even leave the driveway with the van.

online is getting to be a pain for me, as getting money isn't easy without exploiting loopholes like farming missions, and it's easy to have some random idiot kill you and take your stacks. in the long run, it means people will be playing online for more amounts of time, but i like offline over online in that i can just drive around and try crazy shit without having to keep my eyes on my bank account.

i would like to be able to stack up my money in online via solo mission since everything is way more expensive in online, but it seems rockstar found ways to work against that. i tried robbing stores continuously, but i constantly get 4 star warning levels.

edit: "GTA Online patch kills money hoarding from replaying missions"

Rockstar is definitely making sure to keep patching this game to make it "as fair as possible to all players".

http://www.examiner.com/article/gta-onl ... g-missions

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

it still works. shit is just so boring tho. rather race and play golf.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

The online update or whatever corrupted my save file and now my game is unplayable
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

alpha

Post by alpha »

:owens: that sucks dude.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Ya it does, had over 40 hours logged on it and hadn't even beat the story yet. I read that it happened to quite a few people too. I can still drive around and shit in the city but all the missions somehow disappeared so I can't move the story along any further so there's basically nothing to do.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

alpha

Post by alpha »

well guess I won't waste any time when I play next and beat story mode. just getting ready for the 2nd heist.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Don't know shit about Richard Spaven, but he can thank R* cause the nigga got a new fan now.

That smooth shit flows so well.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

just took a taxi to los santos customs to find out that you can throw an ignition bomb or remote bomb in it, but you have to be rank 25 or 50 to unlock those explosives.

i figured out a trick to get double a car sales worth and get to keep the car too. "Baller" SUV nets $18,000 with this trick. And I get to keep it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Apologizes if this has been posted in one of the 13 pages but Franklin is Solo in real life.

"Kam and Solo they got nuts...When Ice Cube write a sentence, I want the bomb-- just like George Clinton."

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

sleazy_j wrote:i figured out a trick to get double a car sales worth and get to keep the car too. "Baller" SUV nets $18,000 with this trick. And I get to keep it.
:upload:

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i know it works in "invite only session" mode and might work in regular GTA Online, but if you're playing crew it probably won't keep you with your people.

Just bring your car into the shop, repair it, click "Sell", then sell, then quickly go to PlayStation Store or XBox Live Store in the pause menu.
Hit X and exit to the Store. Immediately Back out of the store, and you'll reload into the game in the garage, back on the "Sell" option. Sell it again. $18,000.
Immediate in and out of the Store a third time, and you will return in the garage, but without a car. Walk outside and your car is around the corner.
Not always sure about that car being outside afterwards, I know it always works if you have a tracker on the car first.
If you don't immediately return to the store the third time within a second of selling the second time, you'll lose the car but still have the cash.

it reads like a lot but really takes about 15 seconds to get double the income.

so that "enter then exit the store" method actually forces a save game.
if you're in a insured car and it's beat up you can exit and enter back and your car will be fixed and you'll be at the same spot.
the only place i found this doesn't work is the military base, and they send you outside of it instead.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Philaflava wrote:Apologizes if this has been posted in one of the 13 pages but Franklin is Solo in real life.

"Kam and Solo they got nuts...When Ice Cube write a sentence, I want the bomb-- just like George Clinton."
:ohhh: knew he sounded familiar.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Some of them look like their characters.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

whoa little pete
moved by duck muscles

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

LilLeftBrain wrote:whoa little pete
So much lulz when I realized it was him.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

umm, so that trick i posted? works even better with car you've bought online for under $50,000. it doesn't stop at two transactions. i got the vapid sandking that only sells for 4500, but i've just sold it about 10 times over in the last 2 minutes. 45,000.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

sleazy_j wrote:umm, so that trick i posted? works even better with car you've bought online for under $50,000. it doesn't stop at two transactions. i got the vapid sandking that only sells for 4500, but i've just sold it about 10 times over in the last 2 minutes. 45,000.
Tried you first trick and it worked but could not get the second one to work. I did not have the option to buy a vapid sandking. what is it? And with your new trick do you stay in the garadge for all 10 times?

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

yeah, you stay in the garage. sometimes it kicks me outside after #2. but i just go back inside and it lets me sell again. the vapid sandking is a 45,000 offroad truck that the other online car sales place (scroll down) sells. but screw all that, the shop first said "cars under 50,000" when i tried to sell my Coil Voltic back to them, which is why i chose the sandking. BUT, you can buy the "Baller" SUV and sell it back. It's 90,000 to buy and gives you 9,000 back each time, but I realized that if you customize it (bulletproof tires, etc.) it will increase the price. I'm seriously selling the Baller SUV back to them at $24,000 a pop every 15 seconds or so. here's video footage https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pe8jar5gpmof ... 002038.mp4

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Are you guys on psn? Tried that on Xbox last night and couldn't get it to work.

Post by 360 »

I lost my fucking character. Stupid bug.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Ramen wrote:Are you guys on psn? Tried that on Xbox last night and couldn't get it to work.

I am on PSN. Tried to get it to work today did a mission on a friends only board then it kicked me to a public board. Some asshole kid that dropped the n bomb about every 1 second cheap killed me when I was ready to try the trick so I had to spend the next hour showing him that its not cool to fuck with people like that. Punk kid even tried to put a bounty on my ass.

Its still fucking up though. I bought a garage which was still there but the car I bought to try this trick with last night is no longer there and did not get my 24 Gs back. Also last night I finished robbing all 20 stores but today about 7 or so of them showed they have been unrobed by me. Got the first Trevor mission last night had to redo it again today also.

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

looks like that trick is dead and gone, and this is the only place i shared that info. i can sell it once, then upon re-entry it kicks me outside the truck door inside the shop. at least i can still keep it.

violent duct is still a good one to farm with, best to keep it on easy. not worth dying over extra RP every time.

here's a trick to get a duplicate car if you have a big garage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0wqzS4oZLQ
i have one Coil Voltic that i made two more clones with. $150,000 for 3 fast cars.
use the method dude above listed but do the ol' leave and re-enter trick for his last step ("do a mission")
to save time.

and, don't buy a boat. i spent 400,000 on a vehicle i haven't seen yet. i wanted to go sailing.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

360 wrote:I lost my fucking character. Stupid bug.
Aye take a breather man. My dude was on a milk carton the other day. I just waited and checked every few hours until he popped back up.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

360 wrote:I lost my fucking character. Stupid bug.
Which system? I had some weird shit today with PS3. Some of my friends vanished on the dash board but I still had them in GTA online.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Finally got on GTA Online last night. Random assholes kept shooting me and taking my petty cash.