GTA V

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Ramen

Re: GTA V

Post by Ramen »

Pizon wrote:Finally got on GTA Online last night. Random assholes kept shooting me and taking my petty cash.
Doesn't help that they respawn you right next to the same dude that just kilt you.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ooh single player missions getting real bout now
moved by duck muscles

sleazy_j

Post by sleazy_j »

i'm pretty sure i'm done with Online.

i got kicked out of a Violent Duct lobby last night, to only find i couldn't log into PSN, then after a few restarts I was able to, but got updated to 1.03.
then when another player and I tried to do Violent Duct, we couldn't "R2" RESTART the mission. So, no more farming money that way.

the car selling trick still works, though.

but, in reality, after having bought one property, not being able to buy multiple properties, having bought a boat that never showed up, and the most exciting thing that I blew a million dollars on was a dump truck that I can only use in freeroam, it has become boring.

in fact, the whole idea that freeroam is full of idiots usually and you do all these missions to rank up and get money to buy a few vehicles that are meant to be used in freeroam is a flawed plan in general.

i even tried to bring a stolen police car to a mission and it didn't work. that's not realistic.

either way, if you cheat to get lots of money or if you bust your ass and finally get money later on, you're still stuck with some not-so-interesting things to buy. i bought the 400,000 dollar apartment, but rarely stay in it for more than 30 minutes, because you can't make money in it anyhow.

racing is boring to me, as is deathmatch, as i suck at those things. and survival isn't worth the time involved for the payout given.

these are all my opinions.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i agree single player feels a lot more "alive" than online but online has its moments, i think its most fun just going berserk like how are supposed to in gta, and do missions/ side jobs/ activities to break it all up and to get money and level up, thats it in a nutshell, they are going to be adding a lot of free updates to online too once it gets situated right, i dunno give some time and if you can make a crew to ride around with its pretty fucking fun

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Good to see sleazy_j decided to join his philaflava brethren on the GTA V mayhem. Just completed the Blitz Play mission, ima fall back from the storyline and finish the rampages and do the last leg of this Kifflom side quest.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

ya it sucks the online world is pretty empty but i guess thats a limitation of the aging hardware

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Other than moving containers on the docks, the single player is pretty fucking awesome.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I hated that shit too. Plan to beat the game over the weekend and then get online. I'm on 360. Alpha408

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman »

Whats everyone driving?

Range look like Laffy Taffy.

dudeman

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Found the Adder (Bugatti Veyron) for both Trevor and Michael. Will likely do the same for Franklin. Haven't customised the car yet.

Not my pic.

Post by 360 »

To those complaining about Online, you just don't know what you're doing. You need friends and crew members to play with. Going at it alone is like thinking you're a one man army during WWII.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Rock* is dropping a stimulus into everyone's online account. 500k for all the headache.

It says you have to have played during the month of October, so if you haven't already got online I suggest you at least make a character and do the tutorial.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I just beat the game and listed it on ebay. Can only have so much fun driving around doing nothing.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Rockstar are complete sadists with those gold medal checklists for most of these missions.
No Survivors requirement seems impossible to complete for Trevor massacring TLAD at the trailer park.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Dudeman wrote:Whats everyone driving?

Range look like Laffy Taffy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(that's pink)

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

Lumbajack303 on PSN if any of you wanna play online

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I had more fun doing a demolition derby with my crewmates than I have with any online mission so far. The infield of the racetrack is a good spot, as is the track and field area in Rockford Hills (I think?).

catfish hunter
slime green

Post by catfish hunter »

my brother in law and some of his crew set up some sort of video taping software hooked to the game and are using GTA5 multi player online to create little comedy sketches to upload on youtube. some of that shit is hilarious.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

:upload:

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Rockstar really wanting people to buy cash by lowering the payouts on everything. :fail:

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Ramen wrote:Rockstar really wanting people to buy cash by lowering the payouts on everything. :fail:
Yeah. My crew has just been grinding the races, since that seems like the most efficient way to rack up the money now.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Just got all the letter scraps and the climax to that was very satisfying, Franklin is such a good character.

The conclusion to finding all the spaceship parts was :fail:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

How do you start the letter scraps?

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

How do you find the letter scraps and alien parts? Do you just look at a guide online? Or do you actually ride around the city randomly looking for them?

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I used an online guide to complete both of these, You start the Letter Scraps side quests by just finding your first letter scrap scattered across the map. In order to start the spaceship quest you must complete Franklin's Freaks & Stranger's mission named "Far Out," (You get this pretty early in the game in Grapeseed, Blaine County.)
Man just did the mission where Frank, Trev & Lamar delivered the cars to Devin. The banter between Trev & Lamar was classic. Its exactly how I pictured a convo between a psychotic redneck and an ignorant ass wanna be dope dealer/jump-out boy would go. Great Writing.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Tired & Broke wrote:
Man just did the mission where Frank, Trev & Lamar delivered the cars to Devin. The banter between Trev & Lamar was classic. Its exactly how I pictured a convo between a psychotic redneck and an ignorant ass wanna be dope dealer/jump-out boy would go. Great Writing.
"The fucker got fucked" :lol:

Trevor's phone call to Michael on the Caida Libre mission is hilarious: "Perverts will pay anything for hope" and "You don't get a wife like that without being rich and an asshole, right?" The mission was a bitch to get gold but dope as fuck.

ruraloutfitter

Post by ruraloutfitter »

Spartan wrote:The mission was a bitch to get gold but dope as fuck.
i remember replaying this mission countless times trying to pass the time limit criteria for gold, even used a modded Bati 801 bike for the first part on the way to the van. i nearly gave up until i found out through youtube that you can use a copter by parking it on Madrazo's estate prior to the mission. shaved off about 2 minutes and golded the first attempt.

some of the missions where you have to reach 100% speed in a vehicle are extremely annoying.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

You guys care about the medal system?

Anyways, I just beat this game yesterday. Amazing game, one of the GOATs for sure. Put it up on eBay and it was sold like 5 mins later. :cheers:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

ruraloutfitter wrote:
Spartan wrote:The mission was a bitch to get gold but dope as fuck.
i remember replaying this mission countless times trying to pass the time limit criteria for gold, even used a modded Bati 801 bike for the first part on the way to the van. i nearly gave up until i found out through youtube that you can use a copter by parking it on Madrazo's estate prior to the mission. shaved off about 2 minutes and golded the first attempt.

some of the missions where you have to reach 100% speed in a vehicle are extremely annoying.
Alternatively, drive cross country in the van to the cement factory and blow it up there and then the marker appears.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Moolah wrote:You guys care about the medal system?

Anyways, I just beat this game yesterday. Amazing game, one of the GOATs for sure. Put it up on eBay and it was sold like 5 mins later. :cheers:

how does somebody get rid of an amazing game like this? this is one of the very few games you should keep