Xbox 360 dashboard update tomorrow + new TV channels

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Xbox 360 dashboard update tomorrow + new TV channels

Post by Sigma »

The new Metro-style UI for 360 launches tomorrow. I've been in the beta and IMO, it's an improvement over the current design. It adds a bunch of new features including Bing search (voice and text), beacons (kind of advanced game invites), cloud storage for game saves/gamertags, Facebook sharing and a couple of other bits and pieces.

Here's a list of the TV channels that will be launching on Xbox Live. Each one has its own app that you download, so the interface is tailor-made for use with a controller/voice control. Some will be available tomorrow, while others will be added in the coming weeks: -

6th December: -

EPIX. United States
ESPN on Xbox LIVE (ESPN). United States
Hulu. Japan
Hulu Plus. United States
LOVEFiLM. United Kingdom
Netflix. Canada, United States
Premium Play by (MediaSet). Italy
Sky Go (SkyDE). Austria, Germany
Telef

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

no NFL season ticket = fail

jimmy78

Post by jimmy78 »

I'm looking forward to all this new shit...

Anyone had much use of the Kinect for non gaming shit, browsing etc?

wheels

Post by wheels »

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:no NFL season ticket = fail
It's week 14

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Microsoft with the fail.

Post by 360 »

Did you recently try to log in?

It say's I'm connected to the internet but can't contact xbl. I'm assuming it's due to the update.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

360 wrote:Did you recently try to log in?

It say's I'm connected to the internet but can't contact xbl. I'm assuming it's due to the update.
Yeah, I get that too. Live is a bit fucked at the minute. They're working on it: -

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

It's all up and running now.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

About time they got their shit together, ready to see what's good with the new setup. When will Youtube be available??

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

All of the apps will be out between now and "early 2012" so it should be some time in the next few weeks. They haven't given dates for any specific apps.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

my facebook is littered with people who can't figure this shit out.. .I don't have an xbox so I have no idea if their complaints are valid, many said they had to redownload netflix and many other things there system already had installed.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Didn't get to mess with it long, but from what I could see its pretty damn sleek. I like it a lot. Don't facebook, so I'm good on that tip.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Taking it's sweet time to install, I've got dragons to kill, dammit!

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

wheels wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:no NFL season ticket = fail
It's week 14
PS3 has offered the NFL season ticket since the preseason...M$ really dropped the ball with not offering this, I would have def bought it

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Tired & Broke wrote:When will Youtube be available??
They've released the YouTube app to beta testers now. I'm in the beta, so I've got it. It's great. Very nicely laid out and you can link your YouTube account to it so that you can see your videos, playlists, channel etc.. It supports HD videos. The main interface makes it easy to browse by category. If you have Kinect, you can do voice searches or if not, you can just do a regular text search. I would imagine that it'll be released to non-beta users very shortly.

Another app that UK users will get soon is Muzu.TV. It's a music video app, a bit like VidZone on the PS3 but it's not ad-supported. It's pretty slick too, although every vid I've tried so far is SD.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

These apps are all available now: -
blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.

iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nationג€™s most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities with iHeartRadio.

MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.

MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com bring you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.

MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the worldג€™s biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.

Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.

SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.

TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!

RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.

Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon ג€“ with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.

YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally**): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.

Post by 360 »

It seems like most of the apps are iterations of the same thing.

Panama

Post by Panama »

just downloaded the YouTube app

:rockout: this shit is crack

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Panama wrote:just downloaded the YouTube app

:rockout: this shit is crack
Were u a beta tester or normal user?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

It's available now for normal users.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Are all of those channels pay services? (other than netflix)

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

HomeSkillet wrote:Are all of those channels pay services? (other than netflix)
Here's the ones I've tried, although I'm in the UK: -

YouTube - free
MUZU.TV - free
MSNBC - free
iHeartRadio - free
BlinkBox - Pay to stream/own movies (not subscription based)
LoveFilm - Subscription based movie streaming

The cable-based ones like FiOS are part of the subscription you already pay to Verizon, so it checks your IP address to make sure you're a customer and then you can access the channels for free on your Xbox.

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Wow. Thats fucking fantastic.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

If you're in the US, you can download the UFC app and watch the UFC 141 PPV on December 30th for free. It's limited to the first 25,000 people though, so don't hang about. Download the app and as long as it still says "free" for the event, order it and you're good to go.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

I'm new to X-box still.....i like the new layout.....currently i got a Colt 45 beer in my hand I'm gettin' fucked up watching The banned Martin Lawrence Episode of SNL on HULU.....

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Sigma wrote:If you're in the US, you can download the UFC app and watch the UFC 141 PPV on December 30th for free. It's limited to the first 25,000 people though, so don't hang about. Download the app and as long as it still says "free" for the event, order it and you're good to go.

shit, thanks! i hope i am not late!!!

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

I too late :(

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Russian wrote:I too late :(

fuck no more spots left, thats official????

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Yeah, it got posted on NeoGAF, so I thought the 25,000 spots would be used up fast. How much is it if you pay?

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

It says it sold out. Fuck, could have saved $60 if I only checked this thread earlier.