Rayman Origins (Only $30 on Amazon!)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Rayman Origins (Only $30 on Amazon!)

Post by Smooth Lou »

Dudes.

I have a very soft spot in my heart for platformers and for Michel Ancel of Ubisoft. The game I've been hooked on all week has been Rayman Origins, a 2D platformer that is a better homage to the Super Mario platformers of the NES/SNES era than anything Nintendo has put out in ages. The homie Agent B raved about this game, and could you blame him? Look at the amazing graphics and gameplay:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1gpyeh6kOc?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g1gpyeh6kOc?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Has anyone played this? What are your feelings?

Seiko Flossberg

Post by Seiko Flossberg »

Awesome game. It will definitely test your mettle, though.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Actually picked this up for $20 at Toys R Us last week. Haven't had a chance to play it much yet, though.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Finished this game last night. The last level (Night of the Livid Dead) is among the hardest platforming I've ever played. It is also INCREDIBLY rewarding to finally beat this fucking behemoth:

You have to ride around on her body without getting crushed or falling into lava. It's fucking RIDICULOUS!!!

Michel Ancel is maybe my second favorite game designer with just the Rayman series and Beyond Good & Evil. Apparently, BG&E will have a sequel on the next gen consoles and they've been working on it since 2003. VERY EXCITE.