ncaa/madden 13

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

ric

ncaa/madden 13

Post by ric »

unless somebody puts up something interesting in madden consider me disinterested, but i saw this today so im putting it up

http://www.vgrevolution.com/2012/05/nca ... -revealed/

its an article with a video. basically the new game has more non-game espn-ish features but also improved recruiting and more sensical dynamics. for example: it is now possible to break into a recruits top 10 when you werent there (is currently virtually impossible) and theyve tied player progression from season to season with coach prestige, which also makes sense, as well as new recruiting options.

my big thing is the playbook and the plays you can run, though. the step they took this last year with custom playbooks is awesome, but hopefully well be able to design plays at some point, because even the advanced stuff they do like the 'qb read' plays are extremely limited. and the way their wr screens work is HORRIFIC

also i really hope they fix the speed issues where a de whos speed rating is 72 catches up with a wr whos speed is 93, no matter where the speed slider is. the fuck is that about?

also, i hope that ill be able to finally see the outside wrs/dbs. fuck this small screen bs

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/p ... ic-defense

this article from espn of all places discusses the new passing and play mechanics. qb drop backs are automatic now and the emphasis on the timing of the play but i see this as more of a handcuff because A) the game will not do the plays correctly B) i dont want to be tied into a drop that i cant control. also theyve slowed down pocket movement which may make sense in some ways but really is going to prevent players from leaving the pocket and break into space in a timely fashion, right now its tough enough as it is to step up and through a gap into the second level when youre holding down the sprint button