Moments in gaming where you were tested to the fullest

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Moments in gaming where you were tested to the fullest

Post by Galvatron78 »

Yeah I'm back on that shit again, Yes this is the thread where we sit and tell the stories that gave us Gaming PTSD, the times where we broke a controller, th times where we said to ourselves "I'm not doing shit until i finish this" the times where when you beat the game or stage it was like you won the Superbowl......let's hear it. Mine are.....

- Ninja Gaiden stage 6-2 - Laaaaaaaaaaawd!!! i broke two contollers, suffered two punishments because my mom heard me yell out "FUUUUUUUCK!!!" twice, this present day if i see the numbers 6 and 2 close by i freak the fuck out, fuck this stage and fuck everything it stands for. When i finally beat it it made me the most bitter gamer ever at the tender age of 11.

- BattleToads "Volmire's Inferno" "Turbo Tunnel" and any stage where i have to ride a muthafuckin' vehicle .....oh yeah terra Tubes also. Honestly....i think Battletoads was solely made as a plot to make kids stop gaming. Seriously think about it, the game was so muthfuckin' hard that if you beat it Guinness should be a your door the next morning with a muthafuckin' cake and an all expense paid trip to be on Video Power. Most gamers in their 30's will describe their life challenges like this......"Getting out of the friend zone, Senior Year of College, Finding a Job in a Recession and Beating Battletoads"

Combo7

Re: Moments in gaming where you were tested to the fullest

Post by Combo7 »

Galvatron78 wrote:this present day if i see the numbers 6 and 2 close by i freak the fuck out

:rofl: :rofl:

I've had a few of these, but the only ones that're coming to mind right now are beating Alma for the second time in Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, Nelo Angelo in Devil May Cry, and Fire Leo in Viewtiful Joe.

Also, when I was twelve I was obsessed with getting perfect scores on the Pilotwings 64 challenges and almost gave myself a heart attack a few times.

hustler

Post by hustler »

Super meat boy.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

hustler wrote:Super meat boy.
:pause:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Never gets old:

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/N874L ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/N874L ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

^^^^
hahahahahah

fuck that game gets tough. i never did finish it. :(

battletoads for sure. never finished that either. props if you did. such a great game. plus had the best pause music.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CoR8OlXXiZA?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CoR8OlXXiZA?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I have three.

1. Finishing super mario bros on NES on 1 man without warping.
2. Finishing tony hawk 2 100% (gaps and everything). And a glitchy sidenote, using perfect balance on that dream level I grinded the half moon benches over and over and over linking them with a manual to the point where the score started going backwards. I'm not even kidding, there are witnesses.
3. Finishing halo 3 and reach on legendary difficulty on single player.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

fuckin QWOP

DJ Primate

Post by DJ Primate »

darkwingduck wrote:fuckin QWOP
Oh man, I did not need to be reminded of this damn thing.

There goes my day.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

DJ Primate wrote:
darkwingduck wrote:fuckin QWOP
Oh man, I did not need to be reminded of this damn thing.

There goes my day.
QWOP was specifically made to be an alternative to Chinese Water Torture.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

It's really fresh in my mind and it's a very recent game, but I gotta add the online Ur Dragon from Dragon's Dogma to the list. If you're playing the game on a 360 it takes around 48 real life hours to kill this fucker (much quicker on the PS3). Each generation he's in (the amount of times he has respawned) he gets stronger and tougher.

Even when I practise on the easier offline version, the online dragon is still pretty unpredictable with his attack patterns and a test of endurance and survival:

Fire Breath A stream of fire is let loose from its mouth. Can be shot straight forward while walking, or in a stationary sweeping motion in front of it.

Backdash and Fireball A quick leap backwards followed by a fireball launched at the previous location.

Dive A powerful lunge from the Air.

Stomp Attack A powerful attack with its two front feet

Body Slam Flies straight up into the air and then quickly drops, slamming into the ground on all four legs and crushing anyone beneath.

Sweeping Backhand A sweeping blow with either one of the front arms that knocks targets away from it.

Tail Whip A powerful sweeping attack with its tail, only attacks behind it.

Tail Sweep The dragon spins itself around breathing fire and using it's tail to attack targets in a wide radius around it and near its feet.

Maul When climbing around near his mouth, there is a chance for him to suddenly eat you, dealing high damage over time until you wiggle the L-stick to free yourself.

Grab (Arisen) The Arisen is grabbed, and then smashed him into the ground

A Pawn is grabbed, but instead of being smashed into the ground, the Ur-Dragon instead possesses it and directs it to attack you.

Roar Spec/Status A roar that knocks you back and causes the Skill Stifling debilitation, preventing any use of skills for a short period, and immediately kills all Pawns within range.

High Levin A series of fast lightning bolts are created with the ability to stun those who are hit.

High Frigor Mag/Status Three spires of ice are created that can throw those it hits into the air and freeze them.

High Bolide 10 meteors are summoned to indiscriminately barrage the battlefield for a short period.

Holy Furor The Ur-Dragon remains motionless for a short period, and then unleashes a sigil that causes rapid beams of light seek out and damage any present in a large area of effect.

High Petrification Invokes a magick fog that turns those who enter it into stone.

Long Range Fireball When perched upon the faraway tower, the Ur-Dragon will shoot long-range fireballs at you and your pawns.

Flame Eruption Gets on 2 legs and begins charging energy and then unleashes a single large fireball in front of it that splits into many smaller fireballs that drop in an area around the initial impact site. Possibly it's most powerful attack.

Firey Drive By Flies into the sky and then dives past a target, breathing fire at the ground near them as it passes. Does multiple passes before landing again.

Wind Buffet Flaps its wings hard at the party, knocking back everyone with high force winds but dealing no damage. Uses it to give itself more room for other attacks.

Fly Back Will fly backwards for space but will deal massive damage if caught under it.

Even with barely any health left during his "grace period", he's still a scary mother fucker when he goes into a frenzy.

I'm max level in the game, with the best augments and gear you can get and the fight is still really tough taking out all those hearts (weak spots) scattered all over his body within an eight minute window. The fucker is going to give me a heart attack.

This video is pretty much my tactics right here, only this player is more of a boss than me. Even during "hard grace period" there's no guarantee I'll get the killing blow within the time limit especially when the Ur Dragon decides to chill out on that fucking tower or when his tail disappears into the terrain.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/UB4v4 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/UB4v4 ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I've killed him six times in total and the feeling of euphoria I get is probably how I would imagine it would be after having a threesome with Megan Fox and that chick in Thun's sig. Birds are singing and the world is a beautiful place and all that shit. Sounds completely sad and pathetic, I know, fight this big purple twat though and you'll understand.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Spartan wrote:If you're playing the game on a 360 it takes around 48 real life hours to kill this fucker (much quicker on the PS3).
:naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf: :naswtf:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yeah, it must have 2 or 3 million health points or something at this stage. Last time I got him, it was a little over two actual days to kill him. I dread to think what he's like on the PS3, since he's been killed over ninety times so he's even tougher with a lot more health, but there's more players on that format playing this game though. Eventually he'll be impossible to kill by reckoning.

A lot of folks search twitter and gaming sites for health updates and just hang back until he hits virtually no health and then rush in for the kill to grab the mad loot. That might explain why it takes so long to take him down until right until the very end.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure V Nasty or one of those other White Girl Mob broads plays this on the PS3 and she's actually really good at it:

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WNCpZ ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WNCpZ ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Mario lost levels. Didnt stand a chance when i was a kid but dl'd for wii. In terms of difficulty it's somewhere between the first mario and cat mario. Very frustrating but you continue from the first level of whatever world you're in when you game over. Could not believe it when i finally beat this.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Moolah wrote:
Spartan wrote:If you're playing the game on a 360 it takes around 48 real life hours to kill this fucker (much quicker on the PS3).
How is this even considered fun

bbatson1

Post by bbatson1 »

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

an-also wrote:
Moolah wrote:
How is this even considered fun
It's not just you fighting it. There are thousands of other players all over the world contributing to getting it killed. The more times you fight it or the amount of damage you deal for every eight minute round grants you some of the better weapons in the game. If you're there and strike a killing blow, you get more stuff.

He's not even the main boss in the game, just an optional boss after you've cleared everything for fun.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

bbatson1 wrote:Image
more like

The Tyson code was invented for those who couldn't dodge the "Fuck-A-Nigga-Up-Uppercut" and Super Macho Jiggle Tits Spin Punch. Skip right to the point.
Last edited by Galvatron78 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Straight up O.G. steez...
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fsJGuBqzf0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fsJGuBqzf0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Spartan wrote:It's really fresh in my mind and it's a very recent game, but I gotta add the online Ur Dragon from Dragon's Dogma to the list. If you're playing the game on a 360 it takes around 48 real life hours to kill this fucker (much quicker on the PS3). Each generation he's in (the amount of times he has respawned) he gets stronger and tougher.

Even when I practise on the easier offline version, the online dragon is still pretty unpredictable with his attack patterns and a test of endurance and survival:

Fire Breath A stream of fire is let loose from its mouth. Can be shot straight forward while walking, or in a stationary sweeping motion in front of it.

Backdash and Fireball A quick leap backwards followed by a fireball launched at the previous location.

Dive A powerful lunge from the Air.

Stomp Attack A powerful attack with its two front feet

Body Slam Flies straight up into the air and then quickly drops, slamming into the ground on all four legs and crushing anyone beneath.

Sweeping Backhand A sweeping blow with either one of the front arms that knocks targets away from it.

Tail Whip A powerful sweeping attack with its tail, only attacks behind it.

Tail Sweep The dragon spins itself around breathing fire and using it's tail to attack targets in a wide radius around it and near its feet.

Maul When climbing around near his mouth, there is a chance for him to suddenly eat you, dealing high damage over time until you wiggle the L-stick to free yourself.

Grab (Arisen) The Arisen is grabbed, and then smashed him into the ground

A Pawn is grabbed, but instead of being smashed into the ground, the Ur-Dragon instead possesses it and directs it to attack you.

Roar Spec/Status A roar that knocks you back and causes the Skill Stifling debilitation, preventing any use of skills for a short period, and immediately kills all Pawns within range.

High Levin A series of fast lightning bolts are created with the ability to stun those who are hit.

High Frigor Mag/Status Three spires of ice are created that can throw those it hits into the air and freeze them.

High Bolide 10 meteors are summoned to indiscriminately barrage the battlefield for a short period.

Holy Furor The Ur-Dragon remains motionless for a short period, and then unleashes a sigil that causes rapid beams of light seek out and damage any present in a large area of effect.

High Petrification Invokes a magick fog that turns those who enter it into stone.

Long Range Fireball When perched upon the faraway tower, the Ur-Dragon will shoot long-range fireballs at you and your pawns.

Flame Eruption Gets on 2 legs and begins charging energy and then unleashes a single large fireball in front of it that splits into many smaller fireballs that drop in an area around the initial impact site. Possibly it's most powerful attack.

Firey Drive By Flies into the sky and then dives past a target, breathing fire at the ground near them as it passes. Does multiple passes before landing again.

Wind Buffet Flaps its wings hard at the party, knocking back everyone with high force winds but dealing no damage. Uses it to give itself more room for other attacks.

Fly Back Will fly backwards for space but will deal massive damage if caught under it.

Even with barely any health left during his "grace period", he's still a scary mother fucker when he goes into a frenzy.

I'm max level in the game, with the best augments and gear you can get and the fight is still really tough taking out all those hearts (weak spots) scattered all over his body within an eight minute window. The fucker is going to give me a heart attack.

This video is pretty much my tactics right here, only this player is more of a boss than me. Even during "hard grace period" there's no guarantee I'll get the killing blow within the time limit especially when the Ur Dragon decides to chill out on that fucking tower or when his tail disappears into the terrain.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/UB4v4 ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/UB4v4 ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

I've killed him six times in total and the feeling of euphoria I get is probably how I would imagine it would be after having a threesome with Megan Fox and that chick in Thun's sig. Birds are singing and the world is a beautiful place and all that shit. Sounds completely sad and pathetic, I know, fight this big purple twat though and you'll understand.
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: Good Lord Spartan, that shit looks crazy. Not pathetic at all, that's some boss shit for your ass.

Pizon

Post by Pizon »

Spartan wrote:On a side note, I'm pretty sure V Nasty or one of those other White Girl Mob broads plays this on the PS3 and she's actually really good at it:

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WNCpZ ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WNCpZ ... 3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Don't know about that but her saying "before I deliver the final blow" turned me on.

GLUS

Post by GLUS »

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FyoAqxrGv8?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6FyoAqxrGv8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

battlecatmeowstab212

Post by battlecatmeowstab212 »

Sean Paul in Def Jam: Fight For New York

You gight him until halfway through the game, and all the excitement one would normally get from the chance to beat up Sean Paul is immediately replaced with how frustratingly inexplicably tough and crafty this douche bag is.
Check out my FREE album featuring MAC LETHAL, ALASKA from HANGAR 18, HOMEBOY SANDMAN and J57 of the BROWN BAG ALL STARS -
http://chazkangas.bandcamp.com

http://www.twitter.com/chazraps

http://www.popularopinions.wordpress.com

ric

Post by ric »

battlecatmeowstab212 wrote:Sean Paul in Def Jam: Fight For New York

You gight him until halfway through the game, and all the excitement one would normally get from the chance to beat up Sean Paul is immediately replaced with how frustratingly inexplicably tough and crafty this douche bag is.
beating zangief on the very hard modes of sf4 can be this way. youll have him down to 80% and hell pull his third pile driver on you from half a screen away. motherfucker just pulls it off like its no big thing to rotate your fucking joystick in a flawless 360 degree motion in .1 seconds

Linc

Post by Linc »

those levels in battletoads drove me fucking crazy as a kid

recently getting gold in the extreme tracks on trials evo has so far broken the Y button on my 360 controller and I suspect the rest of it isn't far behind

It's funny none of the user created tracks online labelled "extreme" and "ninja difficulty" seem to be anywhere near as hard

ogie

Post by ogie »

Galvatron78 wrote:Straight up O.G. steez...
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fsJGuBqzf0?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_fsJGuBqzf0?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
i got so mad playing this i actually bit the controller hard enough to put teeth marks in it. i still have never finished that stage.

Post by 360 »

I recently completed ENB's Dark Souls challenge. I don't think I have been tested like that since ghouls and ghosts or ghosts and goblins(I always forget the title of the notoriously difficult one).

I seriously almost cried multiple times.

Orenstein and Smough made me put a hole in my bedroom door and I never freak out like that.

With that being said, I have never felt such satisfaction from a game.

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

not hard per se :arrow: but in metal gear solid when the screen goes to the AV2 tv/video screen mid-fight, i damn near shit myself. was too high and too alone for any of that

nightmares :sad:
also, the stage with the wolves, i couldnt beat. then my memory card died and erased everything. i never allowed myself to get emotionally invested into a game again.

cptsdsb

HomeSkillet

Post by HomeSkillet »

Finally beating battletoads was awesome though.
Original Ninja Gaiden gave me the twitches, can't remember the specific levels but 6-2 was probably one of the ones that pissed me off.

Landing the damn airplane in Top Gun on NES, I remember that really pissing me off as a kid

chump change
The Mayor

Post by chump change »

HomeSkillet wrote:
Landing the damn airplane in Top Gun on NES, I remember that really pissing me off as a kid
My old man would go apeshit trying to land that shit

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

relevant to top gun and battletoads