Wii U preorder roll call

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Hush

Wii U preorder roll call

Post by Hush »

Probably not the most rational decision, but I got my preorder in for the Deluxe package at Best Buy.

I plan on picking up Super Mario Bros. and that Lego City game at launch.

Truth.

Re: Wii U preorder roll call

Post by Truth. »

systems most likely gonna end up being another dust collector

won't even think about getting one until a new Zelda is released

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

I know a whole boat load of nerds are pretty upset @ this being released exclusively on this console.

Guun

Post by Guun »

Is it too late to preorder the deluxe version anywhere? Every place I think to look is sold out online.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

nintendoland will :copy: :copy: the casual sector when it comes out

I think the potential applications for the gamepad are alot more promising than the motion sensing stuff. It's basically a dreamcast VMU X 100, which was way ahead of it's time and had alot of cool and innovative stuff coming out for it despite its and limitations. the stuff I have seen so far from ZombiU and Nintendoland make me excited
the boy is the father to the man

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Just tried this system out at a local Game Stop. The graphics look amazing compared to the regular Wii. The new gamepad was a lot of fun. I don't know about the gamepad's long-term playability, but it's an interesting gimmick.

Unfortunately, there was only one game available for demo, Rayman Legends (which was fun); and there was a time limit (20 minutes). So I didn't get a chance to try all the features out.

My interest would be piqued, but the list of exclusive games at launch isn't that exciting.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I only want to buy 1 console next gen, so I'm gonna wait. I would rather buy Microsoft's next console because I have a ton of digital content tied to my Xbox Live gamertag that will hopefully carry over, so as long as that machine isn't weak or fucked up in some way, I'll just get that I think.

What's putting me off the Wii-U is some of the stuff I'm hearing about the online system. Instead of putting system-wide features in place, they are forcing developers to implement features themselves, even including the basics like voice chat - a couple of early Wii-U releases that have online play have already been announced as having no voice chat and there is no system-wide voice chat feature. Nintendo have announced that "select games" will have voice chat. Fuck that. I like gaming with friends. I need a robust system for communications, inviting friends to games and joining friends in their games. The 360 is the only console this gen that has that and I thought all of the next gen consoles would at least be at that level, but I was wrong.

Another thing they've fucked up is the voice chat (in games that have it) when you use the Pro Controller - the one that looks like a 360 gamepad. If you're playing Black Ops II for instance, which does have voice chat, and you're using the Pro Controller - which is the best controller for that kind of game - if you want to voice chat you have to plug a headset into the tablet-style controller, even though that's not what you're using to play the game. And the tablet controller has speakers and a mic built into it, but you can't use that mic for voice chat. It's a fucking mess.

In fact, just typing this post makes me thing "fuck a Wii-U", so no - I'm not buying one. :lol:

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

^I think the big N are very conscious of the idea that no one wants to be called NIGGER FAGGOT while playing a mario game.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this system is actually going to be really great from everything ive heard, its not just kiddie games anymore, all the major releases will be on it too

with that said, theres no way in hell im buying this right away, ill def wait for a price drop and a full catalog of games to be released

the touchscreen controller is getting really good reviews too, nintendo did it better than ever this time around

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

SuperFeen wrote:^I think the big N are very conscious of the idea that no one wants to be called NIGGER FAGGOT while playing a mario game.
It's no excuse. You have to turn voice chat on. They should have given the Wii-U a robust set of communication options and parental controls, just like the 360 has. If you don't want your kid hearing people shouting abuse, set their voice chat to "friends only" or disable it altogether - simple.

The same shit is gonna happen that happened with the Wii in the long run. When the next Xbox and PS4 come out, they will be considerably more powerful than the Wii, so there will be games that come out on Nextbox/PS4/PC and not Wii-U, just like there are tons of games that didn't come out on the Wii. It's only getting cross-platform games now because it's competing with the 360 and PS3, not the next-gen machines from MS and Sony.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

last night i thought my roommate was knocking to complain about the weedsmoke. nope! he got wii U. fuck yeah

nintendo land has some dope games (just played a few). new mario bros is the same as the wii version, very good game.

having a private screen for one player is a great idea. the asymmetry of information (and control) allows for gameplay that we haven't seen before. the nintendolan games I played were simple examples of this. way wayy better than wii sports (which was a gimmick).

i'm considering buying one even...
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.