OS 6 Update

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

OS 6 Update

Post by Philaflava »

Did it. All my contacts are gone. Did a soft reboot and everything. I don't think they are gone gone because all of my text messages are there but it doesn't show names, just numbers.

Truth.

Re: OS 6 Update

Post by Truth. »

Have any back-ups to restore from?

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I never did that cloud shit but signed up when I installed this. I guess I'll just manually add the names to the texts. I just figured if i deleted all of my contacts it wouldn't retain any of those emails or texts, but it did. Could they have just disappeared?

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

dunno if this will help
I may have a fix for you. In my case, although several contacts were missing from the "Contacts" listing, they appeared when I did a search by typiing the first name. So the information was still on the phone, just hidden for some bizarre reason. The following steps appear to have unhidden the contacts.

On your iPhone, go to Settings.
Tap on iCloud.
Turn "Contacts" OFF.
When asked "What would you like to do with the previously synced iCloud contacts on your iPhone?", answer "Keep on My iPhone". You'll see the message "Turning Off Contacts".
Turn "Contacts" ON.
When asked "Your contacts will be merged with iCloud. Merge or Cancel?" answer "Merge". You'll see the message "Turning On Contacts".
Hit the HOME button.
Tap the PHONE icon, then select "Contacts". You should see your iCloud contacts appear, and you're good to go.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

it didnt but thanks anyways. since i have the texts i just added the names back manually.

None

Post by None »

I've heard that the new Maps is dog shit.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Somebody lied to you.

Only annoyance so far is the podcast app, but I'm sure I'll forget about it in a week.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Google is reportedly working to bring its Maps app back to iOS devices, but exactly when the sought-after app could hit the App Store is not known.
The Guardian on Thursday, citing "roundabout sources," reported that Google is indeed working on a Google Maps app for iOS 6 that will be released "in time." Google, however, has not yet confirmed that it is working on such a product, which would also need to be approved by Apple.
When asked whether it will develop a Google Maps app for iOS, a Google spokesman said only that "we believe Google Maps are the most comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps in the world. Our goal is to make Google Maps available to everyone who wants to use it, regardless of device, browser, or operating system."
In the meantime, you can access Google Maps on the browser of your iOS device by visiting http://maps.google.com, but the experience is not as rich as the old iOS Maps app. With the browser-based version, you'll be able to get directions, transit information, access saved maps, your search history, and more. If you're an avid maps user, be sure to add the link to your iOS home screen for easy access.
"Since this is a browser-based version it is limited in its capabilities but does offer a comprehensive, accurate and usable map experience," Google said.
Until iOS 6, released Wednesday, Google Maps (and YouTube) were pre-loaded on all iOS devices, but the iOS upgrade replaced Google Maps with Apple's own maps. Apple's software has come under fire for being riddled errors and omissions like missing cities, mis-labeled landmarks, and more.
As PCMag's Jamie Lendino noted, the app had "trouble finding points of interests as well as even basic street addresses." It produced results for Brooklyn before Manhattan, even while he was in Manhattan, for example.
Apple today defended the effort as a work in progress, noting "we are continuously improving it, and as Maps is a cloud-based solution, the more people use it, the better it will get."

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

wheels wrote:Somebody lied to you.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Mine look nothing like that.

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

wheels wrote:Mine look nothing like that.
at all.......clean update over here.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Galvatron78 wrote:
wheels wrote:Mine look nothing like that.
at all.......clean update over here.
This

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

haven't updated my own yet, but was pretty stunned with the new map app while playing with someone elses. shits crisper & cleaner, to an impressive degree
moved by duck muscles

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

the maps are dope. i used it yesterday and its better than most GPS devices i've seen.

deepfriedjellol

Post by deepfriedjellol »

(both me and wifey have iphone4)

the passbook thing seems dope, but it has yet to do anything besides say it cannot connect to itunes store
i would love to stop using my keyring app for my discount card shits

the maps thing is meh so far as far as accuracy. most of my results are blocks, if not miles off, but it's pretty cool to look at and pretty fluid

the phone runs smoother than it did the day before i updated
my wife still has os5 and mine flies next to hers

the addition of the vip folder in mail is now the only reason im using the app

posting pics to fb from camera was something i could do on my droid, so now that it's here on my iPhone, it seemed dumb it wasnt there before now

i have to go to the bathroom

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

:lol: :lol:

Escobar305

Post by Escobar305 »

I am adjusting to the new map. Google maps made it so easy

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

ughhhhh shitshow sam may truly be the worst
updated and find it to all be aces so far. apparently people don't like the new way to listen to podcasts? find it nice that you can subscribe now, haven't found a negative
moved by duck muscles

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

LilLeftBrain wrote:ughhhhh shitshow sam may truly be the worst
updated and find it to all be aces so far. apparently people don't like the new way to listen to podcasts? find it nice that you can subscribe now, haven't found a negative
The Podcast App runs better than in the past, so that's an improvement. On iOS 5 I was using the podcast app to subscribe and download the podcasts but then listen to them in the iPod app. Not pleased that you can no longer do that as I found it much easier to organize and delete podcasts I have listed to in the iPod app. Still, I can adjust.

How is everyone's battery doing? I'm on an iPhone 4 and while things seem to be a little smoother and quicker the battery seems to have taken a significant hit with the upgrade. By the time I hit bed I'm usually in the 10% to 20% range. I used to be in the 35% to 45% range and I've had no usage changes.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Escobar305 wrote:Google maps made it so easy