Neuro

Hotline Miami

Post by Neuro »

http://www.hotlinemiami.com

GREAT GAME HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Sigma

Re: Hotline Miami

Post by Sigma »

I want to like this game, but for me it's been extremely buggy. It crashes so often that I gave up on it.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

its still new, give it a bit of time, its way too good to just give up on,

mine isnt that buggy at all as they have already released a patch fixing stuff

i only had to get used to the controls using the keyboard cause im mostly a console gamer, but once you get the hang of it ITS ON, this game is better than most of the brand new AAA titles

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Any reason why this was never released on Xbox Live?

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Spartan wrote:Any reason why this was never released on Xbox Live?
In the 360 era, developers couldn't self-publish unless they used the indie games service, so if a game wasn't attached to a publisher, it couldn't go on XBLA. They've changed that for the Xbox One, so devs can self-publish now.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Anyone copped the sequel yet? Reviews have been very positive despite the controversy.

None

Post by None »

I finished this up tonight. It certainly lives up to the standards of the first game. The story is absolutely bug fuck crazy, and insanely ambitious. Depending on how difficult you found the original, you'll find a similar challenge since the core principles are the same. However, you switch protagonists and styles constantly due to story concerns, so you have to re-calibrate and it really puts your understanding of the gameplay to task. Playing the game is worth it alone for the fucking score, shit gets you cysed.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

started playing the first one and i'm digging it so far. anybody recommend other indie games that are similar to this? i've just realized that i've been really missing out on the indie wave. i want to get caught up on all the classics.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

So have all of you played it using a mouse and keyboard? Or controller? I prefer using a controller as it is more familiar. It does get tough trying to aim at baddies though.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

ChaMerZ wrote:So have all of you played it using a mouse and keyboard? Or controller? I prefer using a controller as it is more familiar. It does get tough trying to aim at baddies though.
I feel so uncomfortable using a mouse & keyboard set-up. Growing up as a console kid makes the transition too foreign. What makes a controller set-up easier and more manageable is using the lock-on and scrolling through enemies. If you're going with guns locking onto enemies makes your shots more effectively. You still need to be quick and aware of enemy movements, but the aiming isn't as much of a liability. A good thing to note is you can look a room or two past where you are and lock onto enemies in those rooms. That way when you enter the room you can quickly run in let off some shots and hopefully take out the most troublesome enemies without dying.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

None wrote:
ChaMerZ wrote:So have all of you played it using a mouse and keyboard? Or controller? I prefer using a controller as it is more familiar. It does get tough trying to aim at baddies though.
I feel so uncomfortable using a mouse & keyboard set-up. Growing up as a console kid makes the transition too foreign. What makes a controller set-up easier and more manageable is using the lock-on and scrolling through enemies. If you're going with guns locking onto enemies makes your shots more effectively. You still need to be quick and aware of enemy movements, but the aiming isn't as much of a liability. A good thing to note is you can look a room or two past where you are and lock onto enemies in those rooms. That way when you enter the room you can quickly run in let off some shots and hopefully take out the most troublesome enemies without dying.
Glad that it's not just me. Mouse & keyboard just wasn't working out. The lock-on has helped me loads ... I didn't know you could 'scroll' through enemies however. I'll give that a shot. Regardless, I'm still getting murked. I'm clearing levels with a D+ score. :owens:

Have to step my game up ....
Game is fun as hell though. It's worth it just for the soundtrack alone :bow: I know I'll be playing this for a while.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

the original is 4 bucks on ps4 flash sale right now.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

i believe i'm halfway through 2 right now. IMO the game is a step back in a lot of ways. the soundtrack isn't as great and it doesn't seem like there's a wide variety of masks to choose from. game is still fun though and i'm enjoying myself. the first one is a certified classic.