destiny; bungies persistent world, 10 years to finish game

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Neuro

Re: destiny; bungies persistent world, 10 years to finish ga

Post by Neuro »

leveling up in this game is an illusion,

regardless of your level, we are all doing the same stuff, same patrol missions, same boss fights, same strikes, same story missions, we all basicly have the same weapon arsonal, same armor, same armor upgrades, its all the same, playing the game to level up is pointless, its just a side effect of playing the game

just let it happen naturally

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

@Neuro

The only reason I disagree with that is because the content I really want to play is level-locked to 26.

My clan has 3 at level 26, so the raid is still out reach. That said, I've got a veteran of loot quest style games that's been showing me the best means of leveling past 20. We did the Queen's Wrath strike last night (guaranteed Legendary reward), and we spent a bit of time working on my Vanguard level so I can purchase some gear rather than depending on the loot Gods to help me out. I hit 23 last night after returning from a FIFA-induced absence.

It's slow sledding, but it'll happen eventually.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Game sounds more like work than fun.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

not to spoil anything but raids are still the same shit , just a bit of a twist on game play but its still the same stuff

queens strikes are still the same strikes

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Post by ChewbaccaUncircumcised »

I had been focusing primarily on PVE, just popped level 27 last night. Headed into the crucible, and it is like playing a brand new game. I played for a couple hours, multiple match types, and didn't see the same map twice.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Combo7 wrote:Game sounds more like work than fun.
no its actually more fun than the work, and as ive been naggin on, the work is an illusion in the game Everybody is getting hooked and worked up on, if you canceled out the leveling system, you would have the same game

with that said, the new patch def helped with the engrams, the game is still new somewhat so if they keep on adding details and what not too it , its going to be real great in the endgame, with that said again, Its Shared Open World Shooter they keep saying, so....with the world(s) that they have offered to us , that all of us can complete within a week without really trying, i hope they are going to At least add more to the existing "shared world" before the DLC is released

the game is such an enigma, its super fun to play, yet at the same time it teases us with all the possibilities and i honestly think thats were the majority of the negative feedback comes from, is that everyone wants it to be their game, with their own rules, its open like that, its still a blank canvas , and it really is something new in the FPS genre, ....borderlands doesnt have shit on this, that comparison i get but this game so so much more layed back and free even if its not loaded with content (yet). this game is beautiful, and with all the concerns i get it, it really is a baby still though

if the game is starting to get a bit ehhh, just take a break from it from playing so much, play something else and come back later

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

This article pretty much embodies my feelings on the game:

http://www.gamesradar.com/if-youre-worr ... d-destiny/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

I just got this for xbox one. About to see what all the fuss is about.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

Damn you for not having a PS4, odie.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

the pvp patch makes playing multiplayer battles fun even if you are not that good, the one shot kills every 5 seconds has decreased dramaticly

so glad they fixed this

i think they should make some sort of pvp mode in the open world though

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

^ I can see that happening in the future.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

im on this game now. level 23. whats good? anybody get the DLC yet?

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

the dlc mostly just adds more powerful weapons and armor to help your lightlevel up, and adds a few more missions for your grindfest, its kind of needed if you keep up with dailies

believe it or not im still having a lot of fun with this game , im also just a casual solo player, still havent done a raid yet either and most likely never will

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

raids are alot of fun

once you understand all the steps, and play with a few others who know what theyre doing, its pretty awesome.

we cleared vault of glass on hard last night, and took down crota with a pretty solid crew.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

it really needs matchmaking

or at least a solo version of it

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

yeah, I dig raids with a crew of good players. tried cruicible and get merked soo fast. lots of real good players...need to step up my pvp first person skills.

they said this is a 10 year game....does that mean that they will continue to drop new DLC that will expand the universe by adding new planets to the map or what?

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

as far as i understand it, there will be a new version of the game, roughly every 2 years, or one and a half years, where your progress will just be moved to the new game. thats whats so crazy and exciting about playing it.

someone found the eventual plan for this term of the game, and beyond house of wolves, there will be like a destiny 1.5 game released in this fall and then 2 more dlc drops beyond that.

people bitch about the story not being all there, but i find it really cool that they plan to actively build the perception of the world for a HUGE amount of time. 10 years from now, were gonna look back and say shiiiiet what a crazy ride.

especially after all the work theyd put into the halo universe.

ChewbaccaUncircumcised

I use http://www.destinylfg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.destinylfg.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.reddit.com/r/fireteams" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is also a good way to get a group for things like raids/weekly/nightfall

Also, the community at http://www.reddit.com/r/destinythegame" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is very helpful, and every friday they have a thread for friend requests that I have used to build up my friends list on PSN.

Now, when I log in there are anywhere from 40 to 70 friends online playing Destiny, so getting a group for whatever I want is easy.

Feel free to add me if you are on PS4, my PSN ID is active_toes