Is purchasing a Chromecast worth it?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Re: Is purchasing a Chromecast worth it?

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Dwight Strawberry wrote:Can this thing stream anything off your Android phone or tablet? Like if I'm streaming a movie off XBMC on my phone or tablet can it mirror it to the TV?
Yeah. You can download an app like Avia and cast stuff from your tablet to your screen.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ayer&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Just got one of these, and I'm telling you... it's the best $30 you can spend if you've got access to a bunch of premium channels. I've got Netflix, Google Play Music, and an account for my parents cable account, and I've never been without something to watch. Tab casting and screen casting from the phone is as advertised (laggy), but I'm still happy with it overall. Just waiting on an NHL Gamecenter and WWE Network app.

Also, VLC is coming soon for those that mentioned it.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

BigCat8 wrote:Also, VLC is coming soon for those that mentioned it.
They've been promising it for ages. Pretty much given up on it, but iOS apps like Infuse and FileBrowser work with it now so all good. Still use my AppleTV more for for $30 you can't really go wrong.

Dan

Post by Dan »

Chromecast users should check this link, https://cast.google.com/chromecast/offers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Free movies are thrown up there.

zappy

Post by zappy »

BigCat8 wrote:Just got one of these, and I'm telling you... it's the best $30 you can spend if you've got access to a bunch of premium channels. I've got Netflix, Google Play Music, and an account for my parents cable account, and I've never been without something to watch. Tab casting and screen casting from the phone is as advertised (laggy), but I'm still happy with it overall. Just waiting on an NHL Gamecenter and WWE Network app.

Also, VLC is coming soon for those that mentioned it.
yeah i'm waiting on WWE Network too, but i'm not holding my breath. they have chromecast support on their site listed as "stream it from a browser!" which makes me think that they dont understand that they dont support chromcast.