Video Game Deals

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tommy Bunz

Video Game Deals

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Figured we need a place to post good deals at like we have in Curb.

$9.96 on Amazon right now. PS3 and 360.

http://www.amazon.com/Max-Payne-3-Plays ... ax+payne+3

ChaMerZ

Re: Video Game Deals

Post by ChaMerZ »

nice drop. just finished my finals, and i'm itching for a game to play. gta V's on my to-play list right now.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The Steam winter sale started today. As always with their bigger sales, there's a bunch of nice deals.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I don't normally play computer games but am getting a new workstation so why the fuck not. Is there anything new that is like Age of Empires/Empire Earth?

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

^ Age of Empires II had a HD release that can be found on steam for a couple of dollars.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

ChaMerZ wrote:nice drop. just finished my finals, and i'm itching for a game to play. gta V's on my to-play list right now.
I got Deus Ex Human Revolution. Dope game. The story seems tight. The setting is cool, and I like how it's nonlinear. Stealth FTW.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

X-Box Live's Games for Gold have been pretty great lately. Earlier this month they were giving away "Sleeping Dogs" for free and now "Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light" is free for download. don't sleep Phila Fam.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Target will have buy 2 get 1 free starting next Sunday on all games. If you have one of those register receipts for 30 percent off 2 games it will stack.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

X-Box 360 Games With Gold are back with another banger. Hitman: Absolution is free this month til the 15th, its 7 gigs.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Enjoyed Hitman: Absolution, but repeating every mission again and again to get 100% completion was soul crushing. It made me give up on it. Might play it again soon just for the awesome Chinatown mission.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Best buy has a bunch of games on sale 4/8 only and of course target is running buy 2 get 1. Make sure to price match unless you have an asshole target around.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Wolfenstein $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon (360/PS3)

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

Wii u is on sale at most retailers now too I saw. Or bundled with the good games

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I will try to do much better on this in 2015. First things first if you buy more then 2 games a year and live in N America (I assume Canadian Best Buy does it too) go to best buy right now and get the Gamer Club Unlimited card for 30 dollars. Best fucking deal there is in gaming and it stacks with all there sales and works for all those characters too for Skylanders and the like. Also get double reward points.

None

Post by None »

ThaJim2 wrote:I will try to do much better on this in 2015. First things first if you buy more then 2 games a year and live in N America (I assume Canadian Best Buy does it too) go to best buy right now and get the Gamer Club Unlimited card for 30 dollars. Best fucking deal there is in gaming and it stacks with all there sales and works for all those characters too for Skylanders and the like. Also get double reward points.
I legit picked one up yesterday. 15 bucks a year for 20% off all new games is a steal.

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Am still fucking heavily with Steam for PC games. Basically I build up a nice backlog of two-three year old games. I can pick them up for a few euro's a pop which is great. I don't care if I don't get to play triple A titles at launch though.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Yohan wrote:Am still fucking heavily with Steam for PC games. Basically I build up a nice backlog of two-three year old games. I can pick them up for a few euro's a pop which is great. I don't care if I don't get to play triple A titles at launch though.
what are you currently playing then? once i graduate and get a lot of free time, i am planning on sinking my teeth into one of the many triple A games i've missed over the past 3-4 years. i want to play something cerebral (i.e. stealth, strategy) not a lame shooter.

dishonored, is looking like something i want to try. not sure if i dig the steampunk theme though.

by the way, if you're into that sort of game, homeworld and homeworld II are both getting remastered.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

There's currently a pricing error on Xbox Live where the full first season of Telltale's Game of Thrones game is $4.99. Be quick if you want to grab it at this price: -

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/B ... 51a892fc0f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zappy

Post by zappy »

whoah telltale is making game of thrones games???

i love telltale with all of my frozen ice heart

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

new humble indie bundle,
pay what you want to get World of Goo, Super Meat Boy and Dustforce DX
Pay more than $5 and also get Braid, Limbo & Dungeons Defenders
Another $1 adds Risk of Rain & Antichamber

https://www.humblebundle.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty sweet deal

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Best deal I've ever seen for Xbox One, basically the system and 4 games for $350 (Halo Collection & AC Unity, plus your pick of an additional game and $50 Microsoft Store credit).
Plus free shipping.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... omo_062615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I finally caved and got one, picked up the new Batman as my additional game, will use the credit to get Sunset Overdrive.

You can get the 1 TB version for an additional $50.
Plus if you use ebates you can get an additional 3.5% off. (also if anyone has never used ebates before, please use my email gordonk23@gmail.com as a referral so I get $$$)

None

Post by None »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Best deal I've ever seen for Xbox One, basically the system and 4 games for $350 (Halo Collection & AC Unity, plus your pick of an additional game and $50 Microsoft Store credit).
Plus free shipping.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msu ... omo_062615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I finally caved and got one, picked up the new Batman as my additional game, will use the credit to get Sunset Overdrive.

You can get the 1 TB version for an additional $50.
Plus if you use ebates you can get an additional 3.5% off. (also if anyone has never used ebates before, please use my email gordonk23@gmail.com as a referral so I get $$$)
Tommy you won. I'm not a huge Xbox One fan, but the deals they've been doing for the system recently have been crazy. Definitely a smart move by Microsoft even it is them trying to close the monumental gap. Sunset Overdrive is the shit. Very good choice.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Word, certainly can't remember seeing any console bundled with that many games before. It's been killing me to not be able to play Sunset Overdrive and the Halo collection is great to me because I never owned a 360. And I was probably going to buy Batman this week for PS4 anyway.
Plus now with them adding backwards compatibility I couldn't resist.
The only thing that sucks though is the only other games I'm even remotely interested in are Dead Rising 3 and maybe Titanfall.
I'll probably sell AC Unity without even playing it.

None

Post by None »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Word, certainly can't remember seeing any console bundled with that many games before. It's been killing me to not be able to play Sunset Overdrive and the Halo collection is great to me because I never owned a 360. And I was probably going to buy Batman this week for PS4 anyway.
Plus now with them adding backwards compatibility I couldn't resist.
The only thing that sucks though is the only other games I'm even remotely interested in are Dead Rising 3 and maybe Titanfall.
I'll probably sell AC Unity without even playing it.
Dead Rising 3 is awesome. One of my favorite new console launch game. You'll get lucky with the copy now because it bundles all the DLC together with the main game.

None

Post by None »

AC Unity is trash. A total regression for the series back to the AC II style of gameplay, which is a shame after Black Flag. There were some cool/needed mechanics improvements, but weighed down by everything else in the game.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Absurdly, this somehow has already arrived at my doorstep.
24 hour delivery, fuck yeah. Pissed I have to work late today.

None

Post by None »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Absurdly, this somehow has already arrived at my doorstep.
24 hour delivery, fuck yeah. Pissed I have to work late today.

Xbox is srs about people getting Xbones.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I totally slipped up and missed that deal, hope it comes back

zappy

Post by zappy »

been playing a shit ton of binding of isaac rebirth, got it on steam sale a while ago.

not sure if any of you are PC gamers but steam is nice because it will alert you when things on your wishlist go on sale. that's how i buy most games. put them in my steam wish list and then just wait for an acceptable sale.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Pretty solid PS sale
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/ ... e-for-pax/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably going to cop that Grim Fandango remaster finally.