Another Tablet Thread...*cough*Sigma*cough*

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Dwight Strawberry

Another Tablet Thread...*cough*Sigma*cough*

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

In the market for an Android tablet. Want to stay under $300. Only real uses will be Fapping, Web Browsing, Netflix, XBMC, etc...Here are the ones I'm mulling over...

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 ($300) - Kind of like the whole "S-Pen" idea for a tablet, an inch bigger than the Nexus 7, Expandable memory

Google Nexus 7 ($229) - I hear this is the best bang for your buck. Does not however have expandable memory.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 ($250) - Inch bigger than the Nexus 7, Expandable memory, For $50 more I can get the superior Note 8

Dell Venue 8 ($180) - Very cost friendly, but specs are rather weak when compared to those listed above, Does have expandable memory

I have a feeling the board is going to say Nexus 7 hands down, but wanted some feedback on these. I'm actually leaning towards the Note 8.

Any I didn't list that are in my price range?

Thanks

Sigma

Re: Another Tablet Thread...*cough*Sigma*cough*

Post by Sigma »

Out of those, I would probably get the Nexus 7. You could get the 32GB version for around 260 if you need the extra storage space. It has a much higher resolution screen than the other options you listed, which makes for a nicer experience when you're web browsing or reading as text and graphics are sharper. It's nice and fast, there's no third party launcher/crapware on it, and it runs the latest version of Android as you get updates directly from Google.

If you can up your budget by 50 bucks, you could get a 16GB Nexus 10. I used to have one and it has a great screen and really good stereo sound for a tablet, so it's great for watching movies.

Personally I would only go for the Note 8 if you're going to use the S Pen a lot, otherwise I don't see any real reason to buy it over the Nexus 7. The couple of advantages it has over the Nexus 7 are outweighed by the disadvantages IMO. I wouldn't really consider buying either of the others.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

So I was going to get a Nexus and my only gripe is that you can't expand the memory. So that was a game changer. I wanted something inexpensive, so I ended up getting a Asus Memo Pad HD7. It was only $128 at Sam's Club. It has pretty good specs, and I am actually glad that I got it. It runs smooth and it has everything that I need in a tablet. I just use it to internet, social media, and watching videos. I don't do anything productive. I got a chromecast too, and that is nice. Works seamlessly.

Mo Cheeks

Post by Mo Cheeks »

Cannot go wrong with the Nexus 7 - it's awesome