Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XB1, PC) (Oct. 2014?)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Neuro

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XB1, PC) (Oct. 2014?)

Post by Neuro »

the batmobile is actually really great

its just they over use it just a bit in the campaign

Post by 907 »

Neuro wrote:the batmobile is actually really great

its just they over use it just a bit in the campaign

"a bit" is putting it mildly. I loved using it, but I hated how much I HAD to use it, especially the last few boss battles. The one against the drill tank is brutally hard and frustrating, it took me a few hours to beat. It would be nice if more of those boss encounters were beatable either way, and let the player decide if they want to use the Batmobile or not.

Still loving this regardless, I'm halfway through my second playthrough, new game+ can be tough as fuck in parts. I don't see myself ever taking the time to find all 200 Riddler trophies though, too tedious and repetitive.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i have the campaign finished but im still doing leftover side missions and just freeroaming a ton now

have you activated Nightfall Protocall? what is it? do you have to find all the riddler things for it?

Post by 907 »

Neuro wrote:i have the campaign finished but im still doing leftover side missions and just freeroaming a ton now

have you activated Nightfall Protocall? what is it? do you have to find all the riddler things for it?
No, you can do it after capturing at least 5 (I think) villains. It pretty much just triggers the closing credits, although they are different if you get all the trophies and 100% the game. I youtube'd it.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Just started playing this today. Batmobile really does control like shit. It handles like a rear wheel drive muscle car in the snow, which is fucking dumb as shit since the new batmobile is pretty clearly an AWD vehicle and the streets are narrow. Although I just got to use a grappling hook to drive up the side of a building so its not a complete loss.
Everything else is pretty solid though.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

just wait til you play the riddlers challenge and you need to drive that batmobile like richard petty.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I really enjoy the riddler challenges that are basically platforming sequences. The circuit racing ones are frustrating but still fun. Really its just driving the fucking thing through the streets that annoys me.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Game is pretty great. Most games are too involved/time consuming for me these days and I'm playing less and less. This game has kept me coming back for more though and rarely seems to drag. It can be involved if you want, but you can also throw it on easy and cruise through the main campaign (at least so far). Up there with GTA and Infamous Second Son for the best PS4 games I've played.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

unclebengi wrote:Game is pretty great. Most games are too involved/time consuming for me these days and I'm playing less and less.
Really feel you on this. I'm just about ready to hang it up. Rarely find a game that sustains my interest. I played the first batman game, arkham asylum. i will check this one out.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i would love to see a Batman Vs Predator DLC, since predator appears in mortal kombat x, and both of those games by warner bros company

also i heard they are making micheal keaton batman suit and batmobile for dlc soon

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Post by 907 »

One thing that really bothers me about this game is the lack or training challenges, or whatever they called the mode where you go three rounds against an increasing number/variety of enemies. City and Origins both had tons, this one has like 3, and no option to play them as Robin/Nightwing/Catwoman like before. There's 1 where you're Azriel, but even then you don't have a choice. Huge downgrade, and I don't get why they'd do that to one of the funnest parts of the game. Where else can you even use all the different DLC costumes?

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

there a lot of challenges hidden throughout the open city, i think that is them, and once you beat them you can select them from the main menu as well

you can use the different costumes in the open world , just select which you want from the main menu

Post by 907 »

Neuro wrote:there a lot of challenges hidden throughout the open city, i think that is them, and once you beat them you can select them from the main menu as well

you can use the different costumes in the open world , just select which you want from the main menu

I've unlocked them all, that isn't the issue. There's still a fraction of the amount, with nowhere near as many options.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

batman 1989 micheal keaton and batmobile skins are available now for just under 2 bucks

you can only use the batmobile skin in freeroam when you destroy all the tanks in that side quest, and it doesnt turn into tank mode

totally worth it, and you get a few race tracks in the tim burton themes of batman to race in

Hush

Post by Hush »

Picked this up on sale for $19.99 recently. The graphics are amazing - rain effects on the batsuit are :ohsh: :arrow:

I finished the main story and still have a lot of side stuff to do to unlock the Nightfall Protocal. Not sure if I'll get around to that or just shelve the game. Typically I play games like this to experience the main story and usually once I finish that, I don't go back and finish all the side stuff (unless there is a very compelling reason to do so).

I agree that the Batmobile "tank" sections were over used, but calling the Batmobile/jumping in and driving around were bad ass. The highlights were definitely taking out dudes using stealth, beating up crowds of guys and the detective stuff.

Spoiler:
The Joker infection stuff was great!
Overall this is a very solid entry in the series (is this really the last Rocksteady Batman game?) and I'm glad I played it.