Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XB1, PC) (Oct. 2014?)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Truth.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XB1, PC) (Oct. 2014?)

Post by Truth. »

Rockstars final Batman game

Batmobile will be driveable

Spartan

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, XB1, PC) (Oct. 2014?)

Post by Spartan »

Was just about to post that.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

they are batting 1000 with this series imo. even though the last one caught hate for being too much like the previous; they are always fun as hell.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Origins was not developed by Rocksteady which did the first two and this one, it will be awesome

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

oh right.

my mistake

did you like the last "non rocksteady" one?

Post by 907 »

Does anyone know why they're stopping after this one? They are super popular, and fucking awesome games. I'd play as long as they made them, as long as they didn't turn it into an Assassins Creed once a year type thing and still took their time to make them as good as they have been so far. Doesn't make any sense to me.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

arkham origins is actually really dope and i like most of it better than arkham city

i dont understand the hate that game catches online

this new one looks amazing cant wait

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/05/batman-ar ... y-4423655/
More details have emerged about the new Batman game, with Rocksteady confirming no multiplayer, a new villain, and Kevin Conroy.

Although in the announcement yesterday Warner Bros. confirmed that Arkham Knight would be out this year, they never gave any date. However, retailers have once again let the cat out of the bag, with GameSpot suggesting October 14 in North America.

The date still hasn’t been taken down from their website, so Warner presumably doesn’t mind everyone knowing. The 14th is a Tuesday, which may mean an October 17 release in the UK. Although Arkham Knight is certainly a big enough game to warrant a simultaneous worldwide release.

Further details on the game have also emerged from American mag Game Informer (which is itself owned by GameSpot). In it Arkham Knight is revealed to be the name of a new supervillian, created specifically for the game by comics writer Geoff Johns. What the new bad guy looks like isn’t yet known, but it sounds like he’s a sort of anti-Batman style character who uses guns.

Kevin Conroy has been confirmed as the voice of Batman/Bruce Wayne – after working on Arkham Aslyum and City, but not Origins. Following his involvement in Batman: The Animated Series, and many of the other DC cartoons, he’s considered the definitive Batman voice by most fans.

Also returning to their roles from the earlier games will be Nolan North as The Penguin, Wally Wingert as The Riddler, Troy Baker as Two-Face, and Tara Strong as Harley Quinn. Mark Hamill will not be returning to play The Joker, for reasons that the end of Arkham City should make clear.

According to developer Rocksteady the game will take place in a new ‘central zone’ of Gotham City, which is split into three island and is roughly five times the size of Arkham City. That’s still not that large compared to other open world games, but Rocksteady are emphasising that they want their world to be the most detailed and vibrant, not the biggest.
They’re also adamant that the game will not have any multiplayer, and that the studio is focused on ‘making the best single-player experience it can’.

Although the phrasing is slightly ambiguous it doesn’t sound as if Gotham City will feature much in the way of civilians or normal traffic, as Scarecrow is threatening to flood Gotham with his fear toxin (as seen in the trailer) and the city has been evacuated. According to Game Informer that means only criminals are left in the city, with fives times the number of thugs compared to Arkham City and riots of up to 50 characters at a time.

Confidant Oracle is also back in the game, and a character you physically meet this time. Although wheelchair bound in the games she was previous Batgirl in the comics – but it’s unclear whether she’ll take on that role again in the new game. Oracle is also the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, and her remaining in the city against his will is apparently a key plot point.

The game’s much admired combat system maintains its elegant simplicity, but there will be numerous tweaks, including being able to use quickfire gadgets in mid-air and new throw counters that allow you to grab and throw enemies into each other.

Although the gadgets will also be upgraded and tweaked the Batmobile is the most important bit of new tech in the game and designed to be ‘the best car in any game ever’, according to Rocksteady. You can call it to your location at any time and it can do jumps, boosts, burnouts, and rotate in a circle even when stationary (presumably inspired by that scene in Batman Returns).

In terms of graphics Rocksteady insist they’re trying to make the game look as much like pre-rendered CGI (such as in the trailer) as possible, with the polygon count for one character apparently being as big as the whole of the Arkham Asylum environment.

Rocksteady describe Arkham Knight as a ‘genuine next-gen game’ and that not having to make the game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 was key to being able to do everything they wanted.

‘Obviously, you see a lot of games that are cross-gen, and they feel a bit reined in because of that,’ said director Sefton Hill. ‘Because we were able to make that decision quite early, we were able to be more ambitious with the design and make a real, genuine next-gen game’.

But Rocksteady has also given some interesting hints as to what will happen after Arkham Knight, insisting that their next game will not be Batman related (although that doesn’t necessarily rule out the rest of the DC Universe).

Although this will be the final part in the Arkham series, with Arkham Knight set quite late in Batman’s career, Rocksteady has also hinted that other Batman games will continue without them – presumably via Arkham Origins developer WB Games Montreal.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Hella cysed. Good to have Rocksteady back in the driver's seat.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

So this is going to be rated M now. Awesome.

Hush

Post by Hush »

I skipped Origins but this looks dope.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

odium-LSC

Post by odium-LSC »

that looks sick.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Getting a custom console release. $450

Hush

Post by Hush »

^^^

Preordered but not sure if I'll keep it.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

looks good but the batman silhouette it's ..... meeeh. the silver color is fire though.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

None

Post by None »

I played a little bit of this at E3 this year (it was part of an appointment, I wouldn't waste time playing a game that comes out next week otherwise). It looks gorgeous! Gliding around Gotham and calling the Batmobile will be a fun way to get around. The combat is the best its ever been with some smart tweak and additions.

Positive A

Post by Positive A »

My copy just arrived. About to dive into this!

Post by 907 »

I've played a little over an hour so far, shit is amazing.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

if i had to guess, arkham knight is ROBIN

still waiting for the damn first day patch to download on xbone

shits taking forever

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

So Warner Brothers has just suspended sales of Batman Arkham Knight on PC ...

Seems like PC gamers got the short end of the stick ... again.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

thats what they get (most) for talking so much shit about consoles

(haha)

(haha?)

this game is pretty damn amazing so far

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

ChaMerZ wrote:So Warner Brothers has just suspended sales of Batman Arkham Knight on PC ...

Seems like PC gamers got the short end of the stick ... again.
Yeah, the PC port was farmed out to Iron Galaxy Studios and supposedly there were only 12 people working on it.

Hush

Post by Hush »

Cancelled that PS4 preorder. The game looks good but I'll most likely wait for a price drop.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Hush wrote:Cancelled that PS4 preorder. The game looks good but I'll most likely wait for a price drop.
same. new games here cost $70 a pop :owens: i don't fux with batman thaaat much.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

This game is the reason I know own the PS4. Can't beat the bundle price of $399.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

play through the campaign first, and leave most of the side missions for after

is what i recommend

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Philaflava wrote:This game is the reason I know own the PS4. Can't beat the bundle price of $399.
I just got an Xbox One with Halo, Assassins Creed, the new Batman and a $50 Microsoft gift certificate for $335.00
So yeah, it can be beaten :lol:
see the deals thread

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i know value wise xbox one is better. i know you get more for your money. but for me it's like driving a Mercedes E-Class or like driving Hyundai Genesis. And I have a 360 and realize how superior they are to Sony, go figure.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So apparently the batmobile is a bit shit and drags down the overall quality of the game to a degree.

Probably wait until Arkham Knight GotY Edition and make do with Mad Max from September.