Titanfall (March 11th/14th) (360/Xbox One/PC)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Re: Titanfall (March 11th/14th) (360/Xbox One/PC)

Post by Sigma »

I'm up to gen 4 now, but I don't think I'll be progressing beyond it. The challenges are horrible! I hate using the sniper rifles and getting loads of kills with the weakest sidearm sounds like a proper pain in the arse.

How did it go when you did it? Was it as frustrating as I imagine it to be? Got any tips?

I've been playing a bit of hardpoint on this as it was easier to get satchel charge kills so I could regen to gen 4 and a lot of people really do not know how to play it properly. I kept getting on teams where they run about like it's attrition, rather than capturing a hardpoint and then trying to guard it.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^I had about my worse few games online with you today. Wait until you get to regen 7 and have to use the worst damn gun in the game the old timey rifle thing. It holds 7 shots, it takes 2 or 3 at least to down a pilot or sentinel, its slow as fuck, it does not have great range, and you basically have to have a scope to use it. Until I got the scope I was basically sneaking up on dudes to kill them.

With the sniper rifles just find the high point in the maps that have one and you will be protected. Like the colony the church tower like building in the middle you should be able to get 3 or 4 pilots before they catch on you are there. Use the handgun while you are running to highpoints and then basically do sneak kills. I suggest using the see though wall thing instead of invisible on these. To get to the top of the church tower just jump back and forth against the side.

On training ground just stay atop of either the center building or one of the turret towers in towards the back. Deminter get on top of that curved building or the building in the center.

On lagoon the natural land bridge is probably the best place just move back and forth so they cant see you.

Level 5 is not really that hard except the goosing pilots but you need only 5. The Arc Cannon for the Titan is pretty good at getting them. But you should have all of the requirments done by level 40ish except maybe the goose but you should be able to get at least 2 or 3 by then. And the gun needed is the carbide that you start with.

Level 6 was kind of hard. You have to use the machine gun so if you decide to continue doing this once you get it at Level 5 start using it to get burn cards so you can use it when you first hit this level. THe gun is a pain in the ass when you first start to use it but after a bit its actually not that bad. It is awesome for the Rodeo which you need to do I think 25 or maybe 50 cant remember.

Level 7 sucks. Like I said above you have to use the G2A4 which is a horrible fucking gun. Right now I still need to get like 10 more kills with the chaingun on titans, then about 10 more punch and rip the guy out with the Spyeder Titan.

Looking up on the internets it appears Level 8 will be fun for me. You have to use the CAR which is my favorite gun. You have do titan killer with the rocket. What looks hard and or time consuming is you have to win 100 rounds and get kills by having the titan drop on them. Also have to do the punchy thing but with the middle robot.

The last level it looks like you need to smart piston, puncy thing with the Ogre, 50 MVPs, 100 kills wihle cloacked, 50 kills while ejecting and then finally the bigger sniper rifle.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I had some pretty good runs when we were playing. I had a couple of 0 deaths games.

How was the game running for you? We were playing on a Euro server, so I noticed you were the only one in the lobby without a 5 bar connection (yours was 2 bars).

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I had some glitching where other cats would jump all over the screen. I have a feeling that it did have an effect because like I said it was about my worse run of games since I first got it but i have a feeling a big part of it was that awful gun i had to use and if i had my Car or even the big machine gun it would not be as bad but the shot gun is probably the best for playing in an out of market server even though i know you don't like it.

I don't know if you could hear me or not i notice your headset go off but never really heard anything from you. If you where talking and I could not hear you or you could not hear what i said I am not sure if this is something they do on Azure to preserve bandwidth or if it was my xbox because i did not notice until i went to eat dinner that my controller was all but dead.

Have you had this issue where the game will kind of block out the kill totals on the lower left side and the load screen is pure white? I get this occasionally and have to basically unplug replug to get it to go away.

I am like 48 or 49 right now and have all my regen except the punch dude out one where i still need 5. I would have it by now except the stupid people that have the nuke core which you cant punch out.

Does the Euro servers go in cycle like the East Coast US server? I swear each day it has the same 4 maps it likes you to play over and over again. When i went back on last night and the very little i played today it was all the maps i hate. And in the last week every time I get fraction is after the match has started which sucks because i have this route i take where i get anywhere from 6 to 20ish points. Basically if you start out on the side that has most of the buildings you run towards the swearer tubes and then drop down though the grate which takes you to the L ish shaped building basement. All of the grunts run though this and usually a couple of pilots. This is an awesome place to use that pistol to get your kills. The pilots that run this way never expect it.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I saw your mic icon occasionally light up, but I couldn't hear anything. Just before you left, I realised that it was because I was playing with the MS stereo headset on and I had the balance between voice chat and game sounds all the way to game sounds, which effectively mutes the voice chat. I had the mic folded up into the headset, but maybe I hadn't muted it so my mic icon might have lit up now and again when I coughed or whatever.

I've not noticed any issues with map rotation on the Euro servers in regular multiplayer. The campaign levels always seem to be the later ones though and if you manually select one of the earlier levels, nobody ever seems to join the lobby. I've not had the white screen issue you mentioned either.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Yeah I am still getting the crappy map rotation. Outpost and Airfield my 2 least favorite maps are all I seem to get. Its been forever since I got training ground.

Well I regened again. It was the first time I had to play after I hit 50 but I only needed 1 more match. This time I will probably spend more time at 50 then I do getting there. I get like a 250% bonus. I had one match bump me 4 levels and another that did 5. You need to get 100 victories to advance.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Have you checked out the new map pack? It's a 1.92 GB download, then there's a patch for the game that's around 700 MB.

They've added a new variety pack mode that's just for the new map pack, so at least you can check the new maps out without having to wait for them to pop up in a regular match. They've also added new icons in the lobbies, so you can see who is using party chat, you can manually rename your loadouts, there's a new scoreboard in the post-game lobby, as well as a couple of other small tweaks.

I had a quick go on the new maps earlier. It was like being a n00b again, haha. I didn't know where the fuck to go. The maps are cool though and I think they're as well designed as all the others.

On a side note, I've nearly completed all the challenges for gen 4 now. I didn't think I was going to bother with them, but after using the sniper rifle for a while, I kinda liked using it. The only thing holding me back from stepping up to gen 5 now is that I need to doom another 15 titans with the charge rifle.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I have not played in like 2 weeks. I need to get back on and get the maps. I was not feeling that jungle map the first time I saw it but watching the preview video it actually looks pretty awesome.

That was one of the harder ones for me the charge rifle, it takes so long to charge a good map to get kills with it is the german looking village on top of the church tower. I prefer to use the sidewinder.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

You got an tips for getting goosers? I've got 2 to get before I can level up to gen 6, but I've been trying for fucking AGES to get them without any success. The 3 I have got were done by accident/luck.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Use the titan gun that shots the lighting bolts and just try to time it so you are shooting at the high point of the ejection when they should hit it. I have heard that some people use the titan machine gun but never really had luck doing that one myself. I suggest playing last titan standing to do this also you will have more chances.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I managed to complete the challenge today. Thank fuck for that!

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Wait if you get to gen 8. I am level 48 or 49 but only have 15 wins out of the 100 needed. I have only played 22 matches at this level too. I still have to bunch out like 20 more pilots but have all the time in the world to do so along with drop the titan on like 15 more enemies.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Gen 6 was a breeze compared to 5. I've already gone through it and now I'm at gen 7 level 8. The only challenge that concerns me this time is snapping the necks of 25 pilots, although I'm sure it's not that hard.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Have you got the "I Killed Them All" achievement yet, Jim?

I nearly got it a couple of days ago. I was the only player on our team not in a titan at the dropship stage. I killed 5 of their pilots and then I climbed up to higher ground to see if I could spot the last one and bam - their last pilot shot me from way off in the distance with a charge rifle. It's the toughest achievement by far!

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I don't even think I have been close on the I killed them all achievement. I keep forgetting to do the recording thing but today I had an awesome kill streak. It was the one with the 2 story modern type houses well I have this spot where I can get like 10 grunts at the beginning but what was awesome there was like 4 pilots that went that way too I was working on the 5th but another dude came from behind me and hit me with a shot gun. I ended up with 6 titans and 8 pilots that match.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

A new, free update is coming out for this soon. It includes 2 new game modes: -

Wingman Last Titan Standing - A 2 Vs. 2 version of LTS.

Marked For Death - 6 Vs. 6. One player on each team is marked. If a marked pilot is killed, the team that killed him gets a point and the next round starts, so you'll have to find the right strategy of defence/attack. Sounds cool!

There's a bunch of new burn cards that enhance titans, including giving you amped titan weapons and perks.

They're also adding titan customisation via decals. The decals will be unlocked via completing challenges, but it will be retroactive, so if you've already completed some of the challenges the decals associated with those will be unlocked for you as soon as you get the new DLC.

That's all they've mentioned up to now. The release date is "summer".

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Have you seen this guy's tutorials and gameplay vids on YouTube? He's really fucking good at this game. His parkour skills are amazing.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

That was the first time I saw the video. Knew some of the things but the bunny hop was new info that I have to try out. Plus I like that run inside thing he did never even thought of doing something like that on hardpoints.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Update 4 has been released for this now. I think it's the best update yet by far!

That new Marked for Death mode is tough when you're playing with randoms though. The way it works is, one player on each team is marked for death and you can see large icons for each of those players constantly on the mini-map. The team that kills the marked player first gets a point, then 2 new players are marked as the targets. The problem with randoms is, nobody plays as a team. Every time I got marked as the target, nobody helped to defend me, so I just had to leg it and do my best to kill any pilots that were chasing me. I would imagine that if you have enough friends to make up a team of 6, this would be a really fun mode, but the few games I played seem like Attrition, except every so often you're marked as a target. It's early days though, so maybe people will play more tactically when they get used to the mode rules.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The new map pack has been announced. These are the new maps: -

Dig Site – an isolated mining outpost
Haven – an exclusive beach resort
Export – a mining hub on the side of a mountain

Sounds like it's being released in August/September, then the third map pack will be released 3 months after that.

Oh yeah - I finally made it to gen 10 today!

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i dont understand the point of the Gens, do you get anything out of it besides starting all over again and again, and again, id rather just keep all my shit

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Neuro wrote:i dont understand the point of the Gens, do you get anything out of it besides starting all over again and again, and again, id rather just keep all my shit
Nope, there's nothing you can unlock at gen 10, level 50 that you can't unlock at gen 1, level 50 in terms of weapons, attachments etc.. I progressed through it because I liked doing the challenges (for the most part - one or two of them were a pain). Now I'm at gen 10, level 50 I wish there were more of them.

Every time you go up a generation, your XP multiplier goes up, so getting back to higher levels doesn't take as long each time.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I forgot - the one advantage you have is the number of burn cards you can hold. It's 46 for a gen 1 pilot, but 100 for gen 10 and the limit goes up in stages each time you go up a generation.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The new map is out on July 31st along with a new patch.

The new patch adds something called The Black Market where you can buy burn card and insignia packs. The burn cards will be grouped into packs that suit certain play styles. There won't be any micro-transactions in the game though - it's all done via credits that you earn for completing challenges. Also, when you get to level 50, some of the XP you earn is converted into credits. You can also sell your unwanted burn cards for credits, which is quite handy.

The patch also fixes bugs, including the 120Hz mode for PC players that's been fucked for a while, and it adds daily challenges.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I have only played once in the last couple of months. And congrats on Gen 10. Still on 8?(the one you need 100 victories for but level 49 but only like 17 wins).

I like the market place idea so will probably pick it up some more this weekend. I do like those titan stickers mostly because I like having the little challenge in order to unlock stuff like this.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Fucking finally!

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Awesome, How did you do it?

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

ThaJim2 wrote:Awesome, How did you do it?
In a really cheap way, lol.

I was playing hardpoint against a team that were terrible. At the end of the match, they were so far behind that some of their players had quit, leaving only 2 players left. When it got to the drop ship stage, I had the achievement in mind so I called in my Stryder and dashed round the map looking for the pilots. I saw 1 pilot on foot run into a building, so I fired a cluster missile in there and got him. The second pilot was in an ogre and I found him in a fight with 2 titans from my team, so I dashed up behind him, popped some smoke and nuclear ejected. The guy must have used his dash, cos he tried to move out of the way but he couldn't do it fast enough.

I've got 5 achievements left to get now. 4 of them are easy enough and it's just a case of grinding away to get them (win 50 pilot hunter games, 50 CTF games, play all game modes on all maps, get 25 kills while wall-running on Runoff), but the other one is "Pull Harder" where you have to get a gooser with the plasma railgun, which is easier said than done! Mind you, tomorrow's DLC adds new achievements.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I killed all the players in a team again after posting the above. 4 players this time. It's typical. I try to do it for months and fail, then I do it twice in one day, haha.

The new maps are good. I'm liking the new update too, as the ability to buy burn cards is very handy indeed but they don't make it easy for everyone to have rare burn cards.

That said, this happened to me earlier: -

Hopefully it was just a one off.

I've been playing a fair bit of Last Titan Standing recently. It's become probably my favourite mode. I use the Stryder with an arc cannon with the capacitor add on, which is awesome when you get a bunch of titans grouped together. I had a wicked game on it the other day. I wish I could have recorded the whole clip. I was the only titan left against 2 Atlases and an Ogre. They split up and came after me and I managed to take the first Atlas out without being hit. I took out the second Atlas and had about a third of my health left. There was about 20 seconds left in the round and the dickhead in the Ogre got out to activate a turret, so I fired a cluster missile at his titan's feet which killed the pilot and I knocked enough health off the Ogre to take the win.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

you really like this game.

i gotta say though, that achievement is a dope as fuck though, props