18%

Total votes: 22

Shall we merge FT and ER?

Post by 360 »

Let's see what the consensus is.

Sigma

Re: Shall we merge FT and ER?

Post by Sigma »

I voted yes. I reckon ER can cover all things tech, including the odd thread where someone asks for help. If FT was a busy section it would be worth keeping them separate, but it's not. If they're merged, we can sort out the pinned threads in ER so it makes sense.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

had to do it...

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Post by 360 »

Why not, Spartan?

Full disclosure: I really just wanted to make a poll because I never have and this was the perfect chance! I'm all about the gif responses.

I voted 'yes', btw.

ric

Post by ric »

i voted yes but i think tech help would be best in a/couple sticky post/s

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

there has been 2 new threads in FT since the new year.

merge.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

360 wrote:Why not, Spartan?
Because merging two forums for people too lazy to scroll down the index page is hardly worthwhile and it's irreversible. No disrespect to the mods, since you all seem like good folks, but you lot should have been moving those tech related topics from the very start. That would have encouraged traffic in Funky Tech. ER was always a gaming forum, and for a few years it was :phila: 's best kept secret. Again, not to disrespect any mods, but spicing up your forum is not only productive but a far more essential requirement than just moving, merging or locking threads. Where are the polls, banter and lists instead of wasting your energy on a detailed breakdown of the latest XBL service update?

If we're gonna be lazy:

Why not merge Steve Biko with P&B since there is always a political, topical or religious related thread in the latter forum, even with Emp gone?
How about merging M2C with Show Business because retarded z-list rappers can't be bothered to post their self promo bullshit in the respective forum. Most of these bozos only show up to bump their own threads anyway.

Back in the day, CYE had a non-rap music forum within and that split successfully into Rick Rubin. Thinking about it now, it's hard to imagine everything was lumped in just one forum.

Merging both forums would result in an oddity like Bacon Bra; a sartorial forum which clashes with Star Wars collectors and and ex-pat's cool illustrations. Maybe, if folks wanting to merge with Funky Tech actually posted there to begin with, we wouldn't even need to have this discussion in the first place

alpha

Post by alpha »

Wall of text...

Merge

Post by 360 »

Spartan wrote:
Because merging two forums for people too lazy to scroll down the index page is hardly worthwhile and it's irreversible. No disrespect to the mods, since you all seem like good folks, but you lot should have been moving those tech related topics from the very start. That would have encouraged traffic in Funky Tech. ER was always a gaming forum, and for a few years it was :phila: 's best kept secret. Again, not to disrespect any mods, but spicing up your forum is not only productive but a far more essential requirement than just moving, merging or locking threads. Where are the polls, banter and lists instead of wasting your energy on a detailed breakdown of the latest XBL service update?

If we're gonna be lazy:

Why not merge Steve Biko with P&B since there is always a political, topical or religious related thread in the latter forum, even with Emp gone?
How about merging M2C with Show Business because retarded z-list rappers can't be bothered to post their self promo bullshit in the respective forum. Most of these bozos only show up to bump their own threads anyway.

Back in the day, CYE had a non-rap music forum within and that split successfully into Rick Rubin. Thinking about it now, it's hard to imagine everything was lumped in just one forum.

Merging both forums would result in an oddity like Bacon Bra; a sartorial forum which clashes with Star Wars collectors and and ex-pat's cool illustrations. Maybe, if folks wanting to merge with Funky Tech actually posted there to begin with, we wouldn't even need to have this discussion in the first place

Valid points. As a mod, I am guilty for not spicing up the forum with various polls, lists, etc. Lately, Sigma is the only one who attempts to put some love into this forum. Tommy used to, as did I but at some point we strayed. I'm sure it's because of life responsibilities but I'm sure it's also because it's rather easy to fall into a habit of neglect. Tommy is a great mod, in general, though. Always has been. As you said, ER was this forums best kept secret for quite some time. This is the only forum that hasn't been affected by the negative side of posters' personalities. No one brings that bullshit here and, quite frankly, we mods wouldn't allow it anyway.

Perhaps we can attempt to spice things up before a possible merge, though it seems the people have spoken. Ultimately, the majority rules. I genuinely think that if FT didn't exist, no one would notice. The same cannot be said for ER.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

peace to sparty but pretty siLLy not to merge them thangs,
i made a post in that forum the other day fully expecting it to be the last post in there in '14
bacon bra as well, why not hodj n podj it all up, would actually poke the head in once in a while that a way
moved by duck muscles

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Spartan wrote:Image
I love you maine.... :owens: :leon:
360 wrote:
Spartan wrote:

If we're gonna be lazy:

Valid points. As a mod, I am guilty for not spicing up the forum with various polls, lists, etc. Lately, Sigma is the only one who attempts to put some love into this forum. Tommy used to, as did I but at some point we strayed. I'm sure it's because of life responsibilities but I'm sure it's also because it's rather easy to fall into a habit of neglect. Tommy is a great mod, in general, though. Always has been. As you said, ER was this forums best kept secret for quite some time. This is the only forum that hasn't been affected by the negative side of posters' personalities. No one brings that bullshit here and, quite frankly, we mods wouldn't allow it anyway.

Perhaps we can attempt to spice things up before a possible merge, though it seems the people have spoken. Ultimately, the majority rules. I genuinely think that if FT didn't exist, no one would notice. The same cannot be said for ER.
That makes 2 of us fam..... I blame the new console generation for messing witht the flow of video game content, but I agree with Tommy, nostalgia posts could be a good way to move forward.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

video game tourney. do one for 8 bit, 16, 32.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Its been a few years since, but we already did tourneys for every gen, and then a best game of all time poll. I think Mario 3 or Ocarina won the whole thing.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

i bet nobody remembers the winners either. i do the same recycled polls in M2C and P&B yearly. maybe best game maker of the 80s. i'm sure if some thought was put into this forum, you guys could come up with a few good ideas.