Infamous Second Son / PS4

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

unclebengi

Infamous Second Son / PS4

Post by unclebengi »

First PS4 game I was really looking forward to, I'm only a few hours in, but it's been a blast so far. Human animations are great, but the smoke might be the coolest thing so far graphics wise. The thumb pad thing and the speaker on the controller are both utilized pretty well and definitely lets you know you're playing on a different system.

The story seems a lot better than the previous games, but some of the hardcore gameplay heads around here might be disappointed, definitely has a bit of an Uncharted feel early on.
Last edited by unclebengi on Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Truth.

Re: Infamous Second Son / PS4

Post by Truth. »

Ya finally a true nextgen game to play on my ps4, gameplay wise its nothing groundbreaking but man this game is purdy
Last edited by Truth. on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

I was debating wether I should get this or not. I might based on this thread. I also love uncharted. I do wish they had demos for more games out.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

i've never even looked into what games are out for the ps4, but this is the first thing i've heard that does make me want to go get one
moved by duck muscles

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

I liked the second one but I hoped the fixed the morality balance. In the last one it pretty much felt like you had to choose good if you wanted to move the story along. Going evil just did not get you much and the story really did not match going evil.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm always bad in these types of games and usually don't play twice, so I had no issue with being evil in the prior games or this one. It's not really like Uncharted, that was a loose comparison, it's more of an open world mission/collecting game, but some the the set pieces and action along with the cinematic cut scenes make it feel similar. Climbing up the Space Needle was the first real WOW moment in the game and shows off the power of the PS4 pretty well. It seems that you'll just keep acquiring more and more powers as you go along (some minor/some major). If you have a PS4 this is a must own game if you're a fan of open world action games.

None

Post by None »

This is a great game and definitely a must own for PS4 owners. This seems to get the Infamous formula right. The previous games suffered from Cole being generally unlikable and boring and the supporting cast not helping much to balance out Cole. Also, the story never resonated in any meaningful way. The gameplay showed the potential of exploring a sandbox/open-world with super powers, but Cole's electricity (and ice or oil in 2) never wowed me. Saints Row IV actually nailed that idea of exploring a sandbox with powers and Second Son also arrived at the same conclusion. Second Son fixes these issues majorly. Deslin and Reggie (his brother) are both great characters with some personality and humor to help lighten the tone and keep the pacing from being plodding. The supporting cast and villain compliment Desggie very well. The addition of multiple powers shows Sucker Punch finally got what would be exciting about the Infamous set-up. The game is fucking gorgeous and plays extremely well. There are some issues with the run/jump animations, but that is a bit nitpicky. I actually am curious to see how the game plays out being good.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

I'm maybe 20% in, but I'm enjoying the hell outta this. The destruction reminds me of Red Faction: Guerrilla in some ways, and that was one of my favorites on the PS3.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Enjoyed the hell out of this, a little on the easy side, but that's how I like my games these days. The final battle(s) and the ending were really dope (I was evil). Some of the coolest powers I remember having in a video game, lot of fun just to wreck shop.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Started playing this over the weekend, about 50% completed, really fun game.
I played the first one on PS3 but got bored of it and never finished it, its significantly more fun to run around the city in this one and the super powers are a lot of fun and well balanced.
Neon power is so badass and looks so fucking cool.
Only issue is with the platforming animations, especially just coming of playing Shadows of Mordor which has similar mechanics but does them so much better.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

This is always overlooked when people talk about PS4 exclusives, and I often forget about it myself. First Light was a decent follow-up as well, though both of them are really fucking easy. But more importantly, they're both fun. The powers are varied and interesting, and the Seattle backdrop is fun to get around. Also, it's the most visually striking game I've played on the PS4 so far.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

BigCat8 wrote:This is always overlooked when people talk about PS4 exclusives, and I often forget about it myself. First Light was a decent follow-up as well, though both of them are really fucking easy. But more importantly, they're both fun. The powers are varied and interesting, and the Seattle backdrop is fun to get around. Also, it's the most visually striking game I've played on the PS4 so far.
Have you played Far Cry 4 yet? That's the best looking game I've seen on the system, seriously looks photo realistic sometimes.

None

Post by None »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
BigCat8 wrote:This is always overlooked when people talk about PS4 exclusives, and I often forget about it myself. First Light was a decent follow-up as well, though both of them are really fucking easy. But more importantly, they're both fun. The powers are varied and interesting, and the Seattle backdrop is fun to get around. Also, it's the most visually striking game I've played on the PS4 so far.
Have you played Far Cry 4 yet? That's the best looking game I've seen on the system, seriously looks photo realistic sometimes.
As boring as The Order is, it is the best looking game on either Xbox One and PS4. The Witcher 3 is close, but given its larger scope, it can't compete with the look of the Order.

BigCat8

Post by BigCat8 »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
Can't say I have. I think as far as inFamous goes, though, a lot of what made it so striking was what they did stylistically, rather than a high level of realism.

I usually don't get to non-sports releases until well after they're popular, so who knows if I'll even get to Far Cry 4.