Watch Dogs (PS4/PS3/XboxOne/XBox360)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

unclebengi

Watch Dogs (PS4/PS3/XboxOne/XBox360)

Post by unclebengi »

Any one else anticipating this game? Looks incredible and is available on every platform. Open world action game from the creators of Rainbow 6, Assassin's Creed, and Far Cry that's set in Chicago. Here's a couple gameplay videos that were leaked-

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2014 ... lese-video

ChaMerZ

Re: Watch Dogs (PS4/PS3/XboxOne/XBox360)

Post by ChaMerZ »

Looks a lot like Deus Ex HR (at least the hacking portion of it). I'd be interested but too much of a backlog to clear up, I'm afraid.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I got it free when I bought a new graphics card. It looks great, so I can't wait to play it, especially as I've just upgraded to a 780 Ti and I'll be playing it at 1440p (screw you console peasants :P).

Post by 360 »

Nice, Sigma. Let me know how that 780 is running at 1440 and what settings you can play at.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Will do man!

I have a feeling I'm going to have issues with Uplay. I redeemed the code for the game and it said that I'd purchased it and that it would appear in Uplay, but it hasn't. Maybe it will nearer to the release date.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

The game appeared in my Uplay account earlier. The download was nice and fast too - I downloaded the whole thing in 12 minutes.

The game runs well on my PC, but the graphics are noticeably downgraded from that original E3 reveal in 2012. It still looks decent, don't get me wrong, but the E3 demo made it look like a proper "next-gen" experience graphically and it's definitely not that.

Here's a comparison showing the E3 reveal compared to the PS4 version: -

The PC version is considerably better than the PS4 version (at least if you have a PC that can handle it), but it's still missing some of the lighting, effects and smoke that make the E3 video look a lot more realistic.

I've only played a bit of it, but I think I'm going to enjoy it. I've only played the first few minutes, but I liked the stealth/hacking aspects. The driving is terrible though! Once I've put a 2 or 3 hours into it, I'll post some better impressions.

Post by 360 »

Cool. Let us know, I'm curious about this game. Those visual differences are bullshit though it doesn't surprise me. Let me know about that 780ti at high res!

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

Any updates Sigma?

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I'm having a blast so far, still pretty early though. I usually don't like stealth games like Metal Gear, but it's a good kind of stealth where you can scope out a whole scene by hacking cameras and creating distractions before you decide how to proceed. Seems like you'll have the option to upgrade your hacking gadgetry or your combat weaponry to play different styles, I could see how it could get repetitive, but the story and environments seem really cool early on. Good voice acting and the ability to get an instant profile of anyone you see is cool as well.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

unclebengi wrote:I'm having a blast so far, still pretty early though. I usually don't like stealth games like Metal Gear, but it's a good kind of stealth where you can scope out a whole scene by hacking cameras and creating distractions before you decide how to proceed. Seems like you'll have the option to upgrade your hacking gadgetry or your combat weaponry to play different styles, I could see how it could get repetitive, but the story and environments seem really cool early on. Good voice acting and the ability to get an instant profile of anyone you see is cool as well.
Still liking it? I have been going back and forth on whether I should buy this or not.

Hush

Post by Hush »

naturalborn103 wrote:
unclebengi wrote:I'm having a blast so far, still pretty early though. I usually don't like stealth games like Metal Gear, but it's a good kind of stealth where you can scope out a whole scene by hacking cameras and creating distractions before you decide how to proceed. Seems like you'll have the option to upgrade your hacking gadgetry or your combat weaponry to play different styles, I could see how it could get repetitive, but the story and environments seem really cool early on. Good voice acting and the ability to get an instant profile of anyone you see is cool as well.
Still liking it? I have been going back and forth on whether I should buy this or not.
Me too. I have a $25 gift card coming from Dell and this is the only game I'm considering. Any more personal reviews from those who have played it?

None

Post by None »

The graphics downgrade is a bummer. It is almost impossible for the game to live up anywhere near the hype it built out of the past few E3s after its delay. Despite the graphics (doesn't look bad by any means, but it isn't the mind blowing visual experience originally promised), the game is quite good. I dug the gameplay intensely. There is something compelling about hacking cameras and the various items around the world in combat to take out enemies. Alone as just a third-person cover-based open-world action game, the combat is solid (much more satisfying than the Assassin's Creed series combat). However, it is the ability to hack, sneak and do things on the fly mixing up a bunch of different elements that creates something dynamic and fresh. The story is actually pretty good too with some great characters outside of Pearce. The online stuff is interesting with other players randomly popping into your game forcing you to ferret them out for rep, but mileage as always will vary depending on your opinion of online integration into a single-player game.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Hush wrote:
naturalborn103 wrote:
Me too. I have a $25 gift card coming from Dell and this is the only game I'm considering. Any more personal reviews from those who have played it?
Been busy, haven't been able to play it again since the day I got it, probably will get another session in on Friday or Saturday, I'll let ya'll know.

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

None wrote:The graphics downgrade is a bummer. It is almost impossible for the game to live up anywhere near the hype it built out of the past few E3s after its delay. Despite the graphics (doesn't look bad by any means, but it isn't the mind blowing visual experience originally promised), the game is quite good. I dug the gameplay intensely. There is something compelling about hacking cameras and the various items around the world in combat to take out enemies. Alone as just a third-person cover-based open-world action game, the combat is solid (much more satisfying than the Assassin's Creed series combat). However, it is the ability to hack, sneak and do things on the fly mixing up a bunch of different elements that creates something dynamic and fresh. The story is actually pretty good too with some great characters outside of Pearce. The online stuff is interesting with other players randomly popping into your game forcing you to ferret them out for rep, but mileage as always will vary depending on your opinion of online integration into a single-player game.
Thanks for the update. I have put this game into my cart in Amazon without buying it is so many times it is ridiculous. I miss when almost all games put out demos near there release.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i'll just play GTA 5 and wait for GTA 5 this fall on next gens

watch dogs has nothing on GTA

Hush

Post by Hush »

Neuro wrote:i'll just play GTA 5 and wait for GTA 5 this fall on next gens

watch dogs has nothing on GTA
Yeah, I ended up playing the first handful of missions and haven't touched it since.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Hush wrote:Yeah, I ended up playing the first handful of missions and haven't touched it since.
Likewise. I'm glad I got it for free, cos it didn't hold my interest for very long at all.