bluetooth speakers

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

bluetooth speakers

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Just got one of these babies

http://www.logiix.net/Blue-Piston-Wirel ... peaker.htm

it's tiny & the sound is powerful enough to fill a small room or bump for a few people at a pic nic. light years better than playing music off your phone. if your broke friend has a shitty speaker set up you just might roll in with something better.

i like this so much i'm looking for a bigger version. looking at some sony & bose for between 100-300$. probably gonna opt for closer to $100.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

chapter thrive

Re: bluetooth speakers

Post by chapter thrive »

the nixon blaster is seriously awesome bang for buck. and its near indestructible.

Hayzoos

Post by Hayzoos »

Good thread idea, I've been in the market for a good Bluetooth speaker but can't decide what kind to get. Been considering Jawbone Jambox but haven't made the jump yet.
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Hayzoos wrote:Good thread idea, I've been in the market for a good Bluetooth speaker but can't decide what kind to get. Been considering Jawbone Jambox but haven't made the jump yet.
Get the bose soundlink mini, the sound is absolutely incredible for its size

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
Hayzoos wrote:Good thread idea, I've been in the market for a good Bluetooth speaker but can't decide what kind to get. Been considering Jawbone Jambox but haven't made the jump yet.
i'm tryna decide between this and the soundlink 3. i need a speaker that can be the main unit for a small room & also work outside like at a ~15 person bbq. is the soundlink mini's sound powerful enough?

ps. the blue piston speaker i posted above broke down on me. my sister had the same unit break down but bought another that works. it seems like none of the brands of these tiny speakers are reliable, which is a shame cause you can literally fit them in your pocket.
1. Nas
2. Drake

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:
Race Car Bed Sleeping Rapist Virgin wrote:
i'm tryna decide between this and the soundlink 3. i need a speaker that can be the main unit for a small room & also work outside like at a ~15 person bbq. is the soundlink mini's sound powerful enough?

ps. the blue piston speaker i posted above broke down on me. my sister had the same unit break down but bought another that works. it seems like none of the brands of these tiny speakers are reliable, which is a shame cause you can literally fit them in your pocket.
I just bought the sony srs-x5 and imma sell the soundlink mini...the reason I did this is not, because of sound, the sound is amazing on the sounlink mini. To answer your questiion, yes its powerful enough for a small room or a 15 person bbq. However, there is one thing that kills the soundlink for me, it automatically turns off after a half hour inactivity, and there is no standby mode. That means you cannot wake up the soundlink mini even with a bluetooth device that is already been paired with it. You always have to physically walk up to it and turn it on manually. Gets really annoying after awhile. The Sony srs-x5 has bluetooth standby and it has comparable sound (still testing this as I just bought it) to the soundlink mini.

Edit: just in case you were wondering, the soundlink mini even turns off automatically after a half hour of inactivity when its plugged into an outlet

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

already copped. i'm listening now & the sound is great. indistinguishable from a speaker set i have that is 8x the size (unless i max out the volume but soundlink mini is loud enough for my apt).

but yeah the lack of standby is incredibly wack. another connection issue is that it can't seem to handle multiple devices. ima use this as the portable and find another one to use in the home base.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

I like the look of that Blue Piston speaker.

I got my sister one of these last Xmas. Pretty good.

Anyone else have any Sonos stuff? Not blue tooth I know, but really dope.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:I like the look of that Blue Piston speaker.

I got my sister one of these last Xmas. Pretty good.

Anyone else have any Sonos stuff? Not blue tooth I know, but really dope.
Sonos is cool, but I heard that you can like only use compatible apps with it. Meaning you cant just browse the web and use it as a speakerfor your computer/tablet/phone. Also, the hindrance of it only working on a per app basis is even more amplified by the fact that there isn't a youtube app for Sonos.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^^blue piston is dope when it works but 2/3 of them break down within a week (in my sample of 3)
1. Nas
2. Drake

Hush

Post by Hush »

I got one of these and it works pretty well considering its small size and low price:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AI5 ... UTF8&psc=1

bmurf75

Post by bmurf75 »

I have a SOL REPUBLIC Motorola DECK. It's petty loud but could be louder imo. Heist mode let's you and friends pair up to 5 devices at once. It was $200 when it first came out which I believe is to much but now you can find it cheaper. Bestbuy has it for $130 which is probably what it should be.