Wolfenstein: New Order

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Wolfenstein: New Order

Post by Philaflava »

Anyone play this? I've always been a fan of Wolfenstein/Doom type games. On the fence with this one though.

Spartan

Re: Wolfenstein: New Order

Post by Spartan »

I've had my eye on it for a while.

Supposedly the best Wolfenstein yet. Game Central review.

Will cop when I eventually decide which new console to buy.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I've got on PC, but I haven't played enough of it to properly comment on it yet. It looks great - and it looks really good on consoles too. One thing I don't like is that you have to press a button to pick things up, such as ammo or health packs. It's such a small thing, but I find it to be a pain, particularly when you've just shot a bunch of Nazis in a trench and there's a load of ammo and health to pick up.

Once I've played it some more, I'll post up my thoughts.

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

Debating if i should get this or Watchdogs. I dont mind games on rails and i hear the story is real good...

None

Post by None »

I've been playing this for review for the past few days. It is pretty good. The story goes some crazy places.

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

http://torrentfreak.com/huge-wolfenstei ... es-140526/
“43GB? holy fuck,” exclaimed Pirate Bay user sealtmx2.

“I have to uninstall like 10 games to play this shit!!” added ucci4life.

Reports suggest that the massive file size is due to uncompressed graphics textures but it comes as no surprise that some believe that annoying downloaders was in the developers’ minds. Bethesda had deliberately padded out the game with junk as a clever anti-piracy deterrent, some concluded.

:lol:

i downloaded it but haven't installed yet

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

^That's awesome more companies need to do this. Uncompressed textures and uncompressed audio files.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this game is very very good for a FPS, its a mix of old-school and some new type game styles, levels have excellent replay value

BEAUTIFUL painting-like graphics

all the classic wolfenstein3d themes are back and updated

classy futuristic nazi post-apocalyptic gun berseker with robots, sex, and gore

very satisfying shooter

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

Dwight Strawberry

Post by Dwight Strawberry »

I finally had a chance to sit down with this game for about 3 hours this morning. Wow...very good game. The story is excellent so far.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So I just got this, and I can't even jump out of the fucking plane during the opening tutorial without dying all the time.

:fail:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

lol i had the same issue for awhile

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Spartan wrote:So I just got this, and I can't even jump out of the fucking plane during the opening tutorial without dying all the time.

:fail:

Yep, took me forever to figure it out.

Game is good but really hard, for me.

I am stuck at the train station level, bitches coming at you from all directions.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

in that level a good way is to take out all the soldiers you can while up on the catwalk/balcony after you press that button switch, then jump down and go in the back and theres a small center room you can hide and recharge in and doors to go out both ways, so when the huge robot soldiers start mowing you down you can shoot the shit out of them and keep going in that room to recharge your gun rinse and repeat til get them all

the game is really dope i played the shit out of while waiting on new xboxone games to come out, ill have to revisit soon

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Neuro wrote:in that level a good way is to take out all the soldiers you can while up on the catwalk/balcony after you press that button switch, then jump down and go in the back and theres a small center room you can hide and recharge in and doors to go out both ways, so when the huge robot soldiers start mowing you down you can shoot the shit out of them and keep going in that room to recharge your gun rinse and repeat til get them all

the game is really dope i played the shit out of while waiting on new xboxone games to come out, ill have to revisit soon

Fuck, that is exactly where i am having a problem. Thanks for the tip, i didn't realize there was a charger in the center room. Thanks

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Neuro wrote:in that level a good way is to take out all the soldiers you can while up on the catwalk/balcony after you press that button switch, then jump down and go in the back and theres a small center room you can hide and recharge in and doors to go out both ways, so when the huge robot soldiers start mowing you down you can shoot the shit out of them and keep going in that room to recharge your gun rinse and repeat til get them all

I just set down to play this. I implemented your tip and beat this fucking level in one try, fucking shit!

Thanks bro, finally some progress :)

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Hey Neuro, just set down to re-play this level, god damn, your tip worked at first try. Thanks bro!

Now i am on the train level, game is getting nuts!

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

im glad it worked for ya

it def took me awhile to find that tactic at first

the new wolfenstein is baaaaadasssss

looking forward to the new DOOM so much

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Sometimes AI is so stupid. They just chill while i blast them, but other times they are super intelligent and flank me from every entrance. I wish there was a better balance, otherwise a great FPS.

New COD was good, but to quick. What other good FPS are out there?

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Metro 2033 Redux is supposed to be really good, look it up

i havent played the new COD , looks neat, but im wore out from that series, i think im done with it for awhile

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Russian wrote:Sometimes AI is so stupid. They just chill while i blast them, but other times they are super intelligent and flank me from every entrance. I wish there was a better balance, otherwise a great FPS.

Are you on PS4? I was shocked how much I enjoyed Killzone: Shadow Fall. And I wasn't a fan of any of the other games in the series.
The dead Helghast planet is honestly one of the greatest post-apocalyptic visions I've ever seen, in game or film. Beautiful looking game.

Wolfenstein is $30 on Amazon right now, ordered it a couple days ago, so this will be my next game after I finish Shadow of Mordor.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

Wolfenstein the new order has been so slept on, i understand why due to the past games, but this new one is really fresh and superb

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

whoa check out the new DLC announced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDgaGHXlYhU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Tommy Bunz wrote:
Russian wrote:Sometimes AI is so stupid. They just chill while i blast them, but other times they are super intelligent and flank me from every entrance. I wish there was a better balance, otherwise a great FPS.

Are you on PS4? I was shocked how much I enjoyed Killzone: Shadow Fall. And I wasn't a fan of any of the other games in the series.
The dead Helghast planet is honestly one of the greatest post-apocalyptic visions I've ever seen, in game or film. Beautiful looking game.

Wolfenstein is $30 on Amazon right now, ordered it a couple days ago, so this will be my next game after I finish Shadow of Mordor.

Killzone 4 is right here waiting it's turn. I actually really enjoyed K2 and K3.

yo, I am not joking, k3 was a reason behind how I ended up in ER(yes, hospital). I'll never forget.

Back to original topic, being a Jew it's really cool seeing these nazi faggots lay there dead. My grandfather would've loved this game.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Ok, now you're going to have to explain the hospital thing.
The new Killzone is more to fun to play than the last gen versions because they finally got rid of those sluggish ass controls.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

old blood right around the corner

and its a stand alone dlc you dont need the The New Order

this is going to be so good

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Neuro wrote:old blood right around the corner

and its a stand alone dlc you dont need the The New Order

this is going to be so good

I cant wait to play it but i am struggling with the main game. I have two levels to go.

I just busted through a window with minimum ammo, i have a General in the room and a bunch of cocksuckers killing me. I kill the General so that he doesn't call more nazis,but i get killed anyway. Must have tried it 15 times by now.

ian e

Post by ian e »

started a new game for a friend to play the first few chapters.... then tried to continue my game and it wouldnt let me. fml. not in the mood to play through all of this shit again. although it's a fine game, of course.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

yeah that happened to me awhile ago when i accidently started a "new game" and i had both timelines finished

oh well its worth playin again