E3 2014

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Tired & Broke

E3 2014

Post by Tired & Broke »

E3 2014 - lets get it, another year of dope reveals and fly previews.

Upcoming Games Of E3 2014

Anybody get tickets to the movie theater event that Sony is hosting for E3. I found out too fucking late :fail:

I expect Microsoft to really come up since they announced the Kinetic-less Xbone's.

I'm predicting good things from Tecmo-Koei, :gyeah:

None

Re: E3 2014

Post by None »

It seems this year is focused on stuff for 2015 (especially with the major delays: Dying Light, The Division, The Order: 1886, Quantum Break, The Witcher 3). It seems that sadly 2014 is basically what they've announced so far for the Fall (Destiny, The Evil Within, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Call of Duty: Advanced War, new Battlefield, Arkham Knight, Aliens: Isolation, Assassin's Creed: Unity, Evolve, The Crew, #Driveclub and Far Cry 4). Now that is not a bad line-up, but I am not hopeful for some great 2014 surprises. It is also hinging on companies will get this stuff out on time and no delays.

I am hoping to be wowed, but it is likely going to be from third-party publishers. Microsoft needs a strong showing to help prop up the Xbone and Nintendo needs to announce a ton for the Wii U or that ship has sunk (Mario Kart 8 is the last game on the books for them really this year). Sony will focus on the new Uncharted with some key announcements from a Japanese developer (likely Square) and probably drop one bombshell. I just want Adam Boyes to beatbox honestly.

I'll be attending the Microsoft and Sony press conferences so we'll see how that goes. Also, I'll be at the big show, which should be better than last year.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Looking forward to the new Battlefield annoucment after the leak. It sounds interesting and the type of setting I always wanted in a FPS. Also hope the leak about Halo Complete is true instead of just Halo 2 HD. Fine with this being release this year and Halo 5 next year. Hope MS announces some type of adventure game in the Uncharted vain.

I think the Wii U is done unless they announce a massive price cut to like 150 maybe 200. That is the only way I see that being saved.

None

Post by None »

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

E3 Pressers are today. You can stream them all on Twitch or probably a dozen other places, but Twitch is going to have some cool additional stuff.

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Sunset Overdrive is fucking amazing. Loved the trailer.
Forza Horizon 2 looks really good.
Not a huge AC dude but will get this one because French Revolution and hoping I can somehow be Maximillian Robespierre.
Wished they showed more of Dance Central.
I am buying Dead Rising the next time I find a good deal just for that DLC with the other Capcom characters and that they have a sense of humor over their 8000 versions of a game.

Stupid twitch servers are down

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Actual gameplay footage of the new Rainbow Six: Siege...

:ohsh: This is the type of shit I'm talking about.

None

Post by None »

Phantom Dust. So fucking weird, but I'm bout it bout it.

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory, using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, and as you can see, the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

:ohsh:

Hush

Post by Hush »

Here's a vid of a dude hyping up the original Phantom Dust which makes me want to check out the sequel:

And here's a vid of GTAV on PS4:

:gyeah:

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

What was Activision thinking with how they are marketing Destiny?

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

How are they marketing Destiny?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Combo7 wrote:How are they marketing Destiny?
They let Sony talk about how it will be better on the PS4. I get companies selling exclusive content or timed exclusives but I never heard a 3rd party before saying a game is better on system x. It seems really odd way of getting Xbox One owners to buy the game when they can just wait for Halo which you know Activision is going to run made by the company that made Halo. If they where going to do this they should have just offered this up as an exclusive for Sony instead of wasting the money on a port.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

So far Bioware's Dragon Age: Inquisition looks like a winner.

Hopefully, E.A's bullshit doesn't fuck it up.

None

Post by None »

So they showed Bloodborne gameplay in a demo theater presentation at Sony's booth. It looks real good. The frame rate isn't there yet (it is early, it won't be out til Q1 2015, so it will get there eventually). The combat and style is a departure from Dark Souls with more emphasis on offense instead of defense and horror/setting/story/atmosphere. It looks cool, I'm definitely interested in seeing more about it in the coming months. The boss they showed for a moment at the end looked gnarly and it had some cool ass animation.

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I thought E3 was really good this year. All of the manufacturers had good exclusive games.

I liked the look of that Wii U game that's a kind of team-based shooter, but you fire out ink and the idea is to cover as much of the map in your ink as you can. You can turn into a squid and swim really fast in your own coloured ink, but the other team's ink really slows you down. There's a bunch of weapons, special moves etc. and it looked like a lot of fun.

None

Post by None »

Sigma wrote:I thought E3 was really good this year. All of the manufacturers had good exclusive games.

I liked the look of that Wii U game that's a kind of team-based shooter, but you fire out ink and the idea is to cover as much of the map in your ink as you can. You can turn into a squid and swim really fast in your own coloured ink, but the other team's ink really slows you down. There's a bunch of weapons, special moves etc. and it looked like a lot of fun.
SPLATOOON!!!!

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Surprised no-one has mentioned No Man's Sky yet. The latest E3 trailer has me hyped for this.

None

Post by None »

Spartan wrote:

Surprised no-one has mentioned No Man's Sky yet. The latest E3 trailer has me hyped for this.
I am very excited for this and glad Hello Games didn't suffer too much after its studio flooded. The creature design, procedural and infinite worlds aspect is an incredible prospect.

None

Post by None »

I got the chance to check out another 45 minutes of gameplay for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and that game looks amazing. The world is gigantic. The few miles they had to travel for the mission in the demo would have taken 20 minutes to reach by horse. Also, anything you can see in the game, you can explore. It'll be interesting to see how true that claim is when the game comes out.

As much as I am not there for swag, CD Projekt RED handed out this sweet Geralt statue for the presentation.

And for no reason, here is me resting my head on Teddie from Persona 4.

Tired & Broke

Post by Tired & Broke »

Good shit None, I think MKX stole the show. That game looked incredible.

None

Post by None »

I am torn between Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Bloodborne for what I dug the most out of the show.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Tired & Broke wrote:I think MKX stole the show. That game looked incredible.

I have to agree. Looks kinda like Injustice with a block button. The three variations of each character should make it deep as hell. Hopefully NetherRealm can give us a halfway decent netcode and not respond too quickly to player feedback and overbalance the game like they always do.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

Tommy Bunz wrote:

really feeling the art style. interview with eiji aonuma got me amped too. he says it's open world so there should be a lot of exploration (which has been lacking in the last two titles). exactly what the series needs.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.