Rise of the Tomb Raider is now an Xbox One exclusive

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Rise of the Tomb Raider is now an Xbox One exclusive

Post by Sigma »

It's the sequel to the reboot of Tomb Raider that came out last year. It may well be a timed exclusive, but at the moment there's no mention of that.

I think this sucks for gamers. I have no problem with a platform holder paying a third party company to develop an exclusive game for their system if it's done from the ground up. Fanboys still whine about that sort of thing, but they're fucking idiots. This, on the other hand, is paying a developer/publisher not to put their game out on other systems. A game that's been in development for a while for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Some gamers are looking at this as the Xbox One having a new exclusive, which is technically true, but it was a game they were getting anyway.

Silly move IMO.

None

Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider is now an Xbox One exclusive

Post by None »

Sigma wrote:It's the sequel to the reboot of Tomb Raider that came out last year. It may well be a timed exclusive, but at the moment there's no mention of that.

I think this sucks for gamers. I have no problem with a platform holder paying a third party company to develop an exclusive game for their system if it's done from the ground up. Fanboys still whine about that sort of thing, but they're fucking idiots. This, on the other hand, is paying a developer/publisher not to put their game out on other systems. A game that's been in development for a while for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Some gamers are looking at this as the Xbox One having a new exclusive, which is technically true, but it was a game they were getting anyway.

Silly move IMO.
Microsoft must have dumped cash at Sqaure for this. This sucks for people looking forward to the game, but a Definitive/Ultimate/Game of the Year Edition in six months will likely go multiconsole.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Just want to say that Rise of the Tomb Raider is a thoroughly retarded name.
Also, this is stupid.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Just got this, couple hours in, pretty great so far.
Makes me happy just to have a semi-linear, well-scripted game to play after playing so many open-world games.

alpha

Post by alpha »

I got about half way through the first, worth finishing?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah definitely. Why did you stop?

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

No one else is playing this? Game is amazing. Love that they upped the exploration aspect, some of the challenge tombs in here are seriously awe-inspiring.
Game is fucking gorgeous looking too. Wish I was playing it instead of working right now.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Yeah definitely. Why did you stop?
Got NBA 2k. Only got time for one game, csb. But will finish and then buy this. Looks pretty awesome

Hush

Post by Hush »

I would like to play this eventually.

Hush

Post by Hush »

On sale right now @ Newegg: http://slickdeals.net/f/8361021-rise-of ... newegg-com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Loved the first one, looks like it releases on PS4 on Dec 30th, so I'll have to wait until then. This and Uncharted are the only upcoming games I plan on copping.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

This finally released on PS4 in a Special Edition w/ some bonus single player content. I've been playing it the last few days and love the shit out of it. Probably the most fun I've had playing a game since the last infamous game. If you're a PS4 only user, check this one out.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Yeah I highly recommend it. As good as Uncharted 4.