Twilight Princess
5%
Skyward Sword
5%

Total votes: 20

Tommy Bunz

Favorite Zelda Game

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I've got Zelda on the brain so now we're polling this shit. I'm intentionally only including the console releases.

Hayzoos

Re: Favorite Zelda Game:

Post by Hayzoos »

I truly believe that Ocarina of Time is pound for pound the beat game ever made
Spottin fools frontin fly

http://www.last.fm/user/fopomofo

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

I would have to say ocarina of time. that's not to mean i didnt find any of the games as or more enjoyable, i just remember the christmas i got the gold cartridge version of the game, and it being one of the most exciting christmas's of my childhood. after watching the trailer lead ups on tv, not the internet, the hype, the holy cow this is insane factor when you first get out and you walk around kokori village and forest, after spending all day playing for nearly 14 hours straight and 2 hours past midnight and FINALLY reaching the first dungeons boss. Super mario was incredible yeuh, but i was completely lost in that game for the next 2 weeks straight. I probably have played through that game completely 7 or 8 times. My friend and I had a competition who could find all the items without a players guide.

Games don't quite WOW like that anymore. twilight princess was pretty incredible to get into, and i should probably play through it again.

None

Post by None »

I lost myself completely in Ocarina of Time, and playing The Wind Waker HD is a good reminder of how spectacular that game is. But my favorite is Majora's Mask because it is so fucking weird.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Ocarina is the worst of the 3D Zeldas. Has not aged well and has some pretty annoying mechanics. Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.

This is a good watch if you've got the time:

Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game. Large number of dungeons displaying a lot of creativity and had pretty good combat.

I'd rank them like this (and even the last game on this list is still pretty damn good):

1. Twilight Princess
2. A Link to the Past
3. Skyward Sword
4. A Link between Worlds
5. Link's Awakening
6. Oracle of Seasons
7. Oracle of Ages
8. The Wind Waker
9. Majora's Mask
10. Ocarina of Time
11. Four Swords Adventure
12. The Legend of Zelda
13. The Minish Cap
14. The Adventure of Link
15. Phantom Hourglass
16. Spirit Tracks
Last edited by Combo7 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

The upcoming Hyrule Warriors looks fucking terrible.

chapter thrive

Post by chapter thrive »

That guy literally sounds like nothing is fun for him. Cripes

Tommy Bunz

Re: Favorite Zelda Game

Post by Tommy Bunz »

:lol: I thought the same thing. Guy sounds like a huge douche.

Anyways, my favorite Zelda is Wind Waker. Still by far the best controlling game of the series and its art style is so great that it will stand the test of time more than the others. Its certainly better looking than Twilight Time, and the probably Skyward Sword too.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

ocarina/majora/wind waker are all neck in neck for best 3D zelda. majora has playable goron link, much denser world design. wind waker has exploration. completing the sea chart dawg. sailing up to a new island provides a thrill you just can't find in the other games. take out the nostalgia factor & ocarina does not stand clearly ahead of these two.

combo i think twilight has the best dungeons. big variety, great design, and there's so many of them. it's also got horse combat. but the world is big & empty & te pacing is ridiculously slow (it falls into that 'sequelitis' trap far worse than ocarina does).

i'm going with the original. it's based around exploration, which the series lost starting with link to the past. like your dude in the video says LTTP introduced 'missions', old dude or zelda always telling you what to do. it's also not exploration based -- most areas are only accessible by one route. in the OG you can wander around & get to a given area any number of ways. the world is big any they provide little guidance. this is really the key appeal of the game. choose your own adventure. i'm super psyched that eiji aonuma says they're taking it back to this for the new wii u version.

OG has great combat. it's pixel perfect -- more precise than link to the past where you can't always tell if contact will happen. control is so good that people can get ridiculously good at fighting.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

i have never played orcarina of time i want to play because its all i hear about now as best zelda game, the last zelda game i completed was Link to the Past waaaaaay back in the day, i have played some of the newer ones, i have skyward sword but it not really classic style zelda but i like it for what it is but im realllllly dragging in trying to complete it , doesnt hold my attention as much as i want it to, i also have started a link between worlds which i really really like considering link to the past is my favorite, its a whole new game on its own though, top down open world zeldas are the best in my opinion but thats the old school in me, i will eventually scoop orcarina of time remake but im i afraid im too late to enjoy it as much as its hyped up to be

Combo7

Post by Combo7 »

Neuro wrote: i will eventually scoop orcarina of time remake but im i afraid im too late to enjoy it as much as its hyped up to be
There's a good chance you'll be disappointed. I thought it was the GOAT in 1998 but it's significantly less impressive sixteen years later.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:the world is big any they provide little guidance. this is really the key appeal of the game. choose your own adventure. i'm super psyched that eiji aonuma says they're taking it back to this for the new wii u version.

I geeked out when I first read that. Can't wait.

ric

Post by ric »

I went link to the past because I played that game so many times but twilight princess is so fucking dope and epic