Project Spark (Xbox 360/Windows 8.1/Xbox One)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Project Spark (Xbox 360/Windows 8.1/Xbox One)

Post by Sigma »

This has just come out of beta, although it's continually being worked on. It's basically a game design studio that allows you to create your own games without knowing how to code, that other people can then download and play.

I had a play around with it and there's tons of potential there. Not being the sort of person that would create a game, I'm more interested in playing other people's creations. I tried out a couple of different levels/games that people had made, and the best one was a 3D RPG with a combat system a bit like an old Final Fantasy game. Once people get to grips with using the design tools, I think we'll see some amazing stuff made with this.

I think they could do with improving the discovery/rating aspects though, as right now you can only give a level/game that you've downloaded a thumbs up or thumbs down. It would be handy if you could leave comments for the designers. I think they need to push this too, in terms of advertising it, because a lot of people don't know it exists or they don't really know what it is, or that you can download and play other people's stuff for free.

ric

Re: Project Spark (Xbox 360/Windows 8.1/Xbox One)

Post by ric »

Sounds awesome but I would probably be romanced into making some shit (a ff like rpg on steroids) and then ultimately give up because it'd be too hard to insert the mechanics that I'd really like to insert