'Hatred': Most Controversial Game Ever?

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Spartan

'Hatred': Most Controversial Game Ever?

Post by Spartan »

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/ ... or-hatred/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There’s a much-talked about trailer for an upcoming game called “Hatred,” where it seems the only object is to murder as many unarmed civilians and interfering police as possible during an unrelenting killing spree.

The trailer can be found here, as I’m not terribly comfortable embedding it, and the game is from Polish developer Destructive Creations, which seems to be a pretty accurate descriptor of the game itself. The studio knows exactly the controversy they’re trying to generate, as they post this message along with the trailer on their Facebook page: ”Love it, or hate it. There’s no in-between! ;) Spread it on the web! Share it! Bring it everywhere and let the haters hate! (And they will, oh they will…)”

The short trailer showcases a melodramatic monologue from the black-clad, long haired killer (who could easily front a deathmetal band), about how he’s sick of human beings in general and his “hatred” is driving him to simply walk out his door and murder everyone, which is what he proceeds to do.

The quote below is taken from the Destructive Creations' website:
‘These days, when a lot of games are heading to be polite, colourful, politically correct and trying to be some kind of higher art, rather than just an entertainment – we wanted to create something against trends. Something different, something that could give the player a pure, gaming pleasure.

‘We say ‘yes, it is a game about killing people’ and the only reason of the antagonist doing that sick stuff is his deep-rooted hatred. Player has to ask himself what can push any human being to mass-murder’.

‘…just don’t try this at home and don’t take it too seriously, it’s just a game. :)’

Comedy Quaddafi

Re: 'Hatred': Most Controversial Game Ever?

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

The game looks wild but it could get boring quick.

I like their attitude though. When the latest GTA was released every columnist was hoping to find some sexism or racism to meet their article- and click-quota, they duly delivered but now I hope they choke on this game and explode in PC outrage.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Balzac

Post by Balzac »

This just looks like a next gen "Postal" to me.

Anyone play the original? Looks very similar, even has the same isometric perspective.

there was crazy controversy when that game game out as well in 1997.

hatred looks fun i'll probably play it

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

New trailer: