Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One - November 11th)

↑↑↓↓← → ← → B A Start

Moderator: Sigma

Sigma

Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One - November 11th)

Post by Sigma »

I wish I was a fan of the Halo games, as this looks like a great collection. I could never really get into them though, so I'll be giving this one a miss.

These are the games you get: -

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo 2: Anniversary
Halo 3
Halo 4

The games have been remastered, including remastered cut-scenes, and they run at 60 FPS and 1080p, apart from Halo 2: Anniversary which runs at 60 FPS at 1,328 x 1080. You can switch between the original and remastered graphics in Halo and Halo 2 any time you like at the touch of a button.

The game includes over 100 maps - all of the maps released for all of the games, including DLC and previously PC-exclusive maps - and it includes all of the multiplayer modes from all of the games. You can play split-screen co-op (up to 2 players) and online co-op (up to 4 players) too. The game will get a free update in December that includes all 50 Spartan Ops missions.

Also included is Halo: Nightfall, a Halo digital feature produced by Ridley Scott, as well as access to the beta of Halo 5: Guardians.

It's about as comprehensive a package as Halo fans could want by the looks of things. It takes up about 65 GB and that's without the Spartan Ops stuff. Anyone here picking this up?

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox One - November 1

Post by 907 »

I'll probably cop this at some point once the price goes down. Looks good, but I'm not in a hurry to play a bunch of games I've already beat multiple times.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

this is a must have for any xbox user

i too will get this but yeah not right away

sigma you should rethink and try this out, halo series really is one of the greatest FPS, play it for the campaigns, im not into the multiplayer myself

how are you going to give a game a miss yet start a thread about it? scratch the itch

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I enjoyed part of the Halo 3 campaign, but my interest in it dropped off and I never finished it. There's just something about the Halo games that's never really clicked with me. There's a ton of content there, but it's still a lot to pay if I don't get into the campaigns again. No doubt if I tried to play the multiplayer I'd just get slaughtered.

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Halo is the greatest FPS of all time. I miss the day when it was THE fps to play and not this COD nonsense being shoved down our throats.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

COD makes great multiplayer battle games , hands down, if you like it or not, the thing that ruins it is just how big and popular it is, Halo at one point was the same exact way but now we have other games that have succeeded off it, Halo spawned most of the other popular FPS multiplayers to take the focus off the series a bit( yet its still huge)

i never got into halos multiplayer but the campaigns are fun and classic and epic, halo is the star wars of FPS

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

HALO 5 BETA anyone?

mine is still downloading

ChaMerZ

Post by ChaMerZ »

Neuro wrote:COD makes great multiplayer battle games , hands down, if you like it or not, the thing that ruins it is just how big and popular it is, Halo at one point was the same exact way but now we have other games that have succeeded off it, Halo spawned most of the other popular FPS multiplayers to take the focus off the series a bit( yet its still huge)

i never got into halos multiplayer but the campaigns are fun and classic and epic, halo is the star wars of FPS
Fair enough. My gripe with COD in particular is the gameplay mechanics. It's a great deal more 'realistic' than Halo, where you could do spectacular things & the maps & weapons looked like they came straight out of a sci-fi novel.
http://cognitiv3dissident.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

I've never really liked COD's multiplayer cos I don't think it's well balanced. I didn't buy the latest one, but watch videos on YouTube of one of the top Titanfall players on PC, and he started doing videos for COD: AW too. He's really good at it, but it just seems like he's triggering a kill streak reward every few seconds, which just gives him an even greater advantage over the other players: -

There's also the lack of dedicated servers, drop shotting, lag compensation and one or two other things I never liked about it.

I tried the Halo 5 beta, but I didn't like it at all. I can't really put my finger on why. I just didn't find it any fun.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

im really enjoying halo 5 beta

it feels great,and its super fun, i switched the controls to halo 4 style and i think it plays much better like that, then get used to the new things you can do then maybe switch back to default cause its actually only slightly different, but the halo 4 controls will ease you in to them

and the sounds in the game holy crap, the sound effects are incredible

cant wait to see what the campaign will be like

i hope halo 4 gets a playlist soon for master chief collection

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Playing through this now, having a lot of fun. Surprised how great the first Halo looks now, they did an exceptional job with the HD conversion. Hard to believe shit is 14 years old.
Holds up extremely well.

Neuro

Post by Neuro »

its not just a hd conversion, they remade the graphics entirely, press the select button to switch back and forth to compare in- game

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

yeah i know, poor choice of wording there. Looks fantastic though.